C110
339 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, then, let's get going!"

 The day has finally come for us to leave the capital for Baumgarten after completing everything we had to do in King's Landing.

 We've got craftsmen, merchants, and their families, so we're a pretty big group. It was like a procession of great feudal lords.

 There were a few armed men guarding the procession of feudal lords. They were members of the adventurers who had decided to go to Baumgarten.

. Leinhardt was not among them, of course, because he had to go to the royal capital to take part in an event. He wanted to go, but I firmly refused.

 In the center of the procession of dignitaries was the carriage in which we were riding, and behind our carriage were two large, luxurious carriages. The carriage in which Eleonore and Claudia were riding.

Hey, are Claudia and Elle really going to follow me? It's embarrassing to "say, but Baumgarten territory is such a countryside that it's impossible to entertain royalty properly, you know? It is absolutely crippling. Besides, do you really have His Majesty's permission?"

"Don't worry, Dee. I have His Majesty's permission. It is necessary for those who will be in charge in the future to see the development of the territory. And we, royalty, will also go to war if the need arises. We will not be selfish."

"Elle was right. We will never interfere with you, you will only have to deal with us from time to time."

"Huh. ......"

 I never thought that Eleonore and Claudia would really come to Baumgarten territory. ...... They say this, but it would be bad for their reputation if word got out that they had left the royal family behind. We must do our best to entertain them. ......

 Well, the arrival of Eleonore and Claudia in Baumgarten territory is not all negative.

 For example, there is the problem with the Frontier Count of Hübner.

 He was summoned to the capital and given a stern warning by the king. However, it is certain that the Huebner Count has a grudge against me.

 He is likely to do something foolish again, but as expected, he will not try anything with two princesses in Baumgarten.

 I would be grateful if he could function as a stopper to the Count of Hübner's frontier.

 During this time, I should enrich my territory and strengthen my defense system.

 And so, despite the troubles, the procession of dignitaries departed from the royal capital for Baumgarten Territory.

 While performing with hydras at the adventurers' guilds in the large cities along the way and talking to capable people, the procession advanced toward the Baumgarten territory over a period of many days.

 We were the center of attention everywhere we went.

 ◇

The nostalgic smell of earth and greenery. Looking out over the horizon, the land is so empty that you can see the horizon. This is Baumgarten. Nothing is so empty that it's a relief.

"It's Baumgarten! I'm back!"

"Count! The Count has returned!"

"Our lord has returned!"

"He's back in all his glory. ......"

"Hail to our lord! Long live the Count!"

「「「「「! Long live 」」」」」

 The villagers seem to be no different. Maybe it's because there are so few people, or maybe it's because during bad harvests, they distributed food to keep the villagers from dying, but the villagers' trust in the Baumgarten family is strong. It's a bit of pride for my family.

"Boy!"

"Grandpa!"

"Boy! ....... No, I have to call you Master now. The Master's successes are well known here in the Baumgarten estate. I am very happy for you that you have become a Count. I wish the late Master and his wife were here ......"

"No need to get soggy, Grandpa. Let me introduce you to my wife, Cassandra, and my sister, Lily."

"Mistress, lady Lily, welcome to the Baumgarten estate. My name is Kurt, and I am a member of the Baumgarten family."

"I have married into the Baumgarten family from the Marquise Altmeyer. My name is Cassandra Baumgarten. Kurt, it's nice to meet you."

My name is Lily. Pleased to meet you, Grandpa."

"Let's get down to the nitty-gritty introductions later. Actually, unofficially, there are two princesses of this country."

"What?!"

 It must have been a bolt out of the blue for a princess to come to such a remote place. I can understand why the old man was surprised.

"However, the Baumgarten family does not offer the kind of hospitality ...... that is appropriate for welcoming a royal princess."

"The princess understands that,. But we must convey our welcome. Therefore, tonight we will have a banquet for our entire territory! I have bought the food and drink for this occasion."

 A solemn welcome ceremony for the royal family would be impossible in the Baumgarten household. So, let's take advantage of the fact that we are in the middle of nowhere and throw a welcome party for all the people of the fiefdom.

"Listen up, everyone! Today is a banquet! Let's welcome all visitors to Baumgarten!"

「「「「「 Oh! 」」」」」

 I wonder if they're happy about the banquet or about their new friends?

'Hey guys! Let's get cooking!"

'There are so many ingredients I've never seen before?"

"How am I supposed to cook this!"

'Um, this is how it's done: ......'

You look unfamiliar to me. Are you a customer?"

No, we're newcomers to Baumgarten."

Well, we're your buddies from today. Nice to meet you, huh?"

"Yes, indeed."

 Well, it's good to see that the banquet has allowed the new craftsmen to settle into Baumgarten territory without any lingering doubts.

7