c113
352 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 On the next day.

 The morning sun rises after overcoming last night's party. The morning sun illuminated a square filled with bodies.

 Although most of the people in the village continued to feast, we stopped halfway through the party. Many of them were drunk to sleep.

 Speaking of which, except for me, Cassandra and the others seemed to be suffering from hangovers. The sweet wine had a high alcohol content.

 I was clearly conscious among them. I didn't show any symptoms of hangover. Maybe my body is resistant to alcohol.

"Old man, bring me a frying pan and a ladle."

"Yes, of course, sir. How would you like to do it with those?"

"I'm trying to wake them up."

That's ......."

 The old man looked at the lounging lords with pitying eyes.

 ◇ ◇

 Gahn! Gahn! Gahn! Gahn! Gahn!

 A rasping metallic sound echoes through the air as the frying pan is battered with a ladle.

'Oooooh, get up!

Guaaaahhhh!"

«Куууууууо оооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооооо ?!

"Aaaaahhhhhhhh!"

Jinu! I'm going to die!"

 It seems to work wonders for hangovers. The lords and ladies who had been asleep slowly wake up their bodies as if they were zombies.

'Come on, let's clean up. The feast is complete until the cleanup."

"Can't we do this much later?"

'Oh yeah, even after the heavens turn right overhead. ......

"Oh, no, no, no."

 I silently hold up the frying pan and ladle.

"That's not a good idea,......."

"The princesses are watching. You can't keep showing your pathetic behavior to them."

 Well, those princesses are down in their own beds with hangovers, too.

 So, I led the zombie hordes to clean up the banquet hall.

 ◇ ◇

"What's going on with the Adventurers' Guild, old man?"

"They sent the staff first. They will build the building later."

"If they have staff, does that mean they can do their work?"

"There is a limit to the amount of money they have. Can't you start full-scale operations after the building is constructed?"

"Hmm. Please make sure of that. Especially, I would like to know the start date of the work. And if they need money, let them know that Baumgarten can replace it."

"Yes, of course. What about the adventurers?"

"They will have to be given jobs as well. We need to coordinate this with the Adventurers' Guild. Shall I call the head of the Adventurers' Guild?"

"Yes, that would be fine. I'll arrange the schedule."

"Thank you."

A spacious, brand-new office. In there, I am cleaning up the work that has been piling up. I am still getting used to it, but my job is to make decisions and take responsibility for them. I leave the practical work to others.

"The houses for the new residents have been completed, right?"

"Yes. But there is envy among those who have seen their new homes."

"I see. ......"

 Well, they gave the new lords a simple housing complex made of wood, like the dormitories at the school. I can understand the envy of the old lords who live in houses made of mud bricks.

 For the people of Baumgarten, where monsters are rampant, wood is a precious thing that cannot be obtained without risking a trip into the forest. In other words, a wooden house is the envy of the people of Baumgarten.

"I'm going to clear the forest. Adventurers are here. From now on, I can cut down trees with adventurers as escorts. There will be a steady supply of wood. I'm going to put an end to any envy of timber."

"I hope that will happen. Then there is the licensing of technology by the craftsmen the Master brought back from ......"

"Is there a problem?"

"Many of them are hungover today, so they won't be able to start in earnest until tomorrow."

"Well, ......, that's what happens. ......"

 They are people who can't usually drink. They don't know their own limits, and they can't help it if they get drunk.

"The rest, yes. It appears that some adventurers are entering the forest."

"They're probably checking for monster tendencies. Let them."

"Yes, of course. And the church is moving. ......"

"The Church. ......"

 The word "church" makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I don't like church people.

"Don't give me that look. If the master looks grumpy, it is possible that the reporter will forgo his report. As a lord, you must not lose your composure at all times."

"I understand. ......

 A master is always in a good mood. But the old man has a point. I'm going to have to learn some good facial expressions from now on.

"So, what's going on with the church people?"

"Well, there's been a major staff increase, and they're asking for permission to build a new church."

"A major staffing increase: ....... How do you see it, old man?"

Perhaps they want to take advantage of the extraordinary rate at which your husband's gifts are growing.

"To take advantage of? Not to discover his secrets?"

"Of course, he would like to find out the secret, but there are many in the church who think that training in Baumgarten, a remote place where everything is lacking, might be a better way to go. ......"

 After saying that much, the old man chuckled.

 I guess so. I've heard that a lot.

"We must develop Baumgarten until the church members think it's not a good place to practice."

"That's the spirit."

8