c4
2.9k 0 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey Cornelia's , I'm sorry to bother you."

 I enter Cornelia's room, trying to sound as soft as possible. The room is as plain as ever. If she were an ordinary aristocratic young lady, she would have a room filled with more of her favorite things. ...... I curse my own inadequacy.

 But it's almost time. The first batch of educated children will be shipped out soon. There are no sales channels or anything in this remote land-like territory, but for now, let's go sell them to the most prosperous territory in the vicinity, that of the frontier counts.

 I hope it sells for a little more. ......

 Then I'll buy a plush toy for Cornelia.

"Brother ...... gosh, gosh!"

 I knelt down next to Cornelia's bed in a panic.

"Is everything all right? You don't have to raise yourself up. Make yourself comfortable."

But I, I ......

 Cornelia clutched at my arm as if clinging to me.

'Brother, please kill me .......

Huh!? What in the world are you talking about!?

 It was a thunderbolt out of the blue. Never, ever, had Cornelia wished for death .......

 Cornelia is sick. She can't even get out of bed nowadays, her movements are slow and weak. I can't even imagine how painful it must be to be unable to move normally.

But I never thought she would wish for death. ......

I' still want Leah to survive. I beg you. Just don't tell me you want to die. ......'

No, ....... It's all my fault. ...... It's all my fault that my mother died. My father died because of ....... It's because of the curse of the evil god ....... So, so ......

"What?!"

 I never confessed to Cornelia that her illness was the curse of an evil god. Nor did grandfather, of course. And it wasn't Cornelia's fault that her mother and father died. Who told her that?

 Obviously! Anna, Cornelia's maid!

 I felt a burning hatred for Anna welling up inside me.

 But now it's .......

It doesn't matter! It is true that Cornelia's disease was a curse of the Evil Gods. But it has little to do with the deaths of Father and Mother! Father was weak to begin with. Besides, Mother just didn't have good postnatal growth. This happens all the time.

"But, but ....... I am cursed, and if this continues, even your brother will ......"

"I told you it doesn't matter. I'm not going to die leaving you behind. This is absolute. You don't believe me?"

"No, I believe you. But ......"

"No buts. I will live to prove to you that you are innocent."

"Brother ......"

"Don't worry. You must be tired after a lot of talking. Now go to sleep."

"Brother, please don't die. ......'

 Somewhere along the way, I thought that as long as Cornelia was saved, I didn't care what happened to me.

 But now I can't die poorly. I'm going to have to review my plan and do better.

 And then there was Cornelia. Cornelia single-mindedly blames herself. How could a young child wish her own death? ...... That's how trapped she must have been. Poor Cornelia. God has put Cornelia through too many hardships. I hate God more and more.

 I stood up from the side of the bed and stared at Anna, the lackey.

 She's been telling Cornelia all kinds of things!

 She broke Cornelia's heart!

Anna, I need to talk to you."

"Yes, young master."

 Contrary to my expectations, Anna quietly followed me to the other room. What's the deal?

 I faced Anna in a room of the dilapidated mansion.

"It was you who told Cornelia the truth, right?"

"I have told no lies, young master".

Then why did Cornelia wish for her death?

'...... This land is cursed. It is all because of that girl's curse that madam passed away, that master passed away, that this land is withering, and that taxes are not being collected as expected! If things continue as they are, the young master will also fall victim to the curse. The sooner we kill that girl, the better. ----"

"Shut up!!!!"

"No, I won't shut up! In the first place, that girl is a bastard! Why are you protecting her?"

 Those who are afflicted with the curse of the evil gods cannot receive gifts from the gods. Without the gift, one is not a person. To hell with the common sense of this rotten world!

 I pulled out the dagger I wore at my waist.

"You want to kill me? Is the bastard that important to you?"

"Yes, I care about her. At least a lot more than you do!"

 It's easy to kill her like this. I'm sure it will make me feel a little less guilty.

 But there is no room in this territory to kill a woman who has learned the etiquette.

 I put the dagger away in my trembling hands and let out a hot breath to expel my anger.

I will now remove you as Cornelia's maid. From now on, I will have the children I have gathered here educated and trained in all that you are."

"You're forgiving me?"

Remember, I will never forgive you! But there is nothing to be gained by killing you! So I will let you live for a little longer. In the meantime, show me how useful you are!"

 I'm sorry. Letting the deadly sinner who hurt Cornelia's heart walk free, .......

 But this is also to extend Cornelia's life.

 I don't know when I cut myself, but I could taste the blood in my mouth.

26