Chapter 1 ▪️ Retrieval [Can You Wait?]
97 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Endless darkness.

I don't really know how long I've been here or what am I even doing in a place like this. I don't think it's that bad because I feel that I kinda like a quiet place. But even so, it felt empty... And it's lonely. 

(Ding!) 

Oh! here it is again. This sound of something like a timer of the oven. 

(St...ing...et...val...) 

Every now and then, I can hear a distant vague voice coming from who knows where. But as the time pass by, that voice was getting better and clearer. 

<Acquiring Consciousness Failed>

Pfft... Poor guy. After all that effort it just failed? Hmm? Is it just me or did I really hear that clearly? The voice seems familiar but... who was that anyway? What consciousness is he referring to? Maybe I should start asking him when I find a chance. I wonder when will it start talking again.

<Rebooting...>

Oh that was fast. How should I talk to him?

<Starting Retrieval>

"Hi there! I heard your voice that's why I called out to you." Will he perhaps hear me? 

<Response Detected>

Great he heard me. I should continue this conversation, "Uhh... Yes, as I said I heard you. It was actually a bit of like long time but it was really vaguely. And all this time I was wondering what are you doing." 

<Synchronizing Brainwaves>

Will I be ok? I haven't talk to for awhile so I might not know how to continue conversing but I guess I'll try. "I see. Isn't that hard? I mean I dont really know the specifics but-"

<Synchronization Completed>

"That quick?! You must be really good at whatever you are doing. So is this like the best skill you have? Or do you have another one?" Well, he works fast.

<Acquiring Consciousness...>

"Ohh~ that one... You failed it earlier though." I smirked and heard another ding. 

<Successful>

"...Fine. I take it back, Your great." I whine a bit and got surprised for what he said next. 

<Testing Compatibility>

"Oi oi... Aren't you a bit to fast? We just met and -" He really work too fast! He even ignore me and just do what he wants.

<91% Compatible>

I am really speechless. "Is that some kind of a pick up line? It should be said like [100% compatible] how about the remaining -"

<Initalizing Bond>

"...We're not even 100% compatible now your thinking about bonding? Dream on! I already have someone I -" 

<Bonding Completed>

"Hey! Atleast wait for me to finish my sentences! This is really irritating me. How can you just ignore someone who's trying to have a proper conversation with you?" 

< ..... >

Why did he suddenly turned silent? Did he left? "Hello? You there? Don't go! Didn't you said we're 91% compatible? Don't just go and leave me."

(Flash!)

Suddenly the dark surrounding became really bright. My eyes! That really hurts.

After I rubbed my eyes by the sudden brightness of my surrounding, I saw a black kitten lying in front of me. It slowly raises its head and looked at me. It has a human like face but it's not creepy... I think it's kind of cute. Other than that bored look he has on its face, I have no other complain.

Ahh... I wanna pat his head.

< Access [DENIED] >

"It talks!" I got surprised and reach out to pat it's head.

< Access [DENIED] >

He said in a childish voice that has a little resemblance to the voice I heard earlier. "Hmm, maybe a kid that's pretending to be an adult?" 

< Code: 54A1NA Acquired Virus >

"Code 54... What? Is that your name? You acquired virus? Are you ok?" 

He pointed those cute little paws towards me and said it in a bored expression. 

< Code: 54A1NA >

"Me? I am Code 54 something? Then what's your name?"

< A12K Navigator >

He replied in a short word. Somehow I feel like this cutie is very familiar. "I'll just call you Navi! That suit you more." 

< ..... >

"You don't need to be that silent you know..." Well atleast he didn't reject it right? I'm just ganna start calling him that then.

"So Navi... Where am I? I've been here for as long as I can remember. What exactly are you? And... What am I?" 

He looked at me with puzzle gaze and sighed. A moment later, disbelief, anxiety, excitement and troubled face is what I can see on that cute face of him.

< Scanning Retrieved Consciousness >

Now it was me who was puzzled. What does he mean by scanning that retrieved consciousness? As I was confused by the situation, I heard a heavy sigh from that little fella.

< Scanning Completed >

"What happen? You seem so down." I attempted to pat his head again but got brush off.

< Data Loss >

"I see, I guess that's serious isn't it?" I continued to reach out not minding the disdain look he has on his face.

< ..... >

He looked at my hand and sighed. He mentained a distanced that is out of my reach and his face became serious as if his considering what he'll do next. After being quiet for who knows how many minutes, he finally spoke. 

< Game... >

"What?" I asked and he spread his soft little paw and a transparent blue screen floated above it. From what I can read, it says [Project: Happy Ending]. Hmm... I wonder what is this about. 

"What kind of game is this?" 

< Loading data... >

As he was saying this, a transparent blue screen pop out and an image of a black cat appeared in the middle of it. The cat was lying on its stomach and his tail was wagging slowly. 'what a lazy cat' is what I thought. The blue screen changes it's image and displayed a lot of words. Quite surprising as he talk less. 

________________________

[Project : Happy Ending]

In a world where the Female Lead and the Male Lead end up together, there left the Second Lead watching them fulfill their happily ever after. Your mission is to bring happiness to the Second Lead and give the happily ever after that he deserve.

_______________________

I think I kinda get it but at the same time I don't. I asked "Are there any specific things that I have to do?" 

< Negative >

I continued to ask and slowly move towards him "How can I play the game if I don't know the necessary details?" 

< Details will be received after the arrival >

"Arrival... I see. So where are we going to go?" As my hand was close to touching his head, he gave me a startling response. 

< Correction : not [WE] but [YOU] >

"What? Aren't you supposed to guide me through this game? How would I know if I was successful or not?" I reluctantly retrieved my hand after being brushed off the third time.

< Intuition >

"Why do I feel like this is not a going to be good idea?" I stole a glance at his swaying tail and thought that I should try pinching it.

< Launching Game >

"Wait! I haven't even prepared myself yet!" I retracted my thoughts and began to panic. 

< Loading Story... >

"Can you listen to me for once?" He began to ignore my words and do what he wants like what he did earlier. 

< Opening Storyline... >

"Naviii!!" I exclaimed his name and wonder how can I stop this little fella on getting on his pace?

The bright room suddenly went dark again. The soft little black cat was nowhere to be found. The last thing that I heard was him saying... 

< Transfer Confirmed >

~ ? ~ ? ~ ? ~

In a corner of a room somewhere, there is a guy facing the monitor and saying softly on himself... 

Don't worry... This will take a while but I won't give up... Surely... I will...


2