Chapter tree – friends
56 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Unedited

 

Avoiding my brother was apparently not that easy. He saw me a few minutes after I came back from the balcony. 

“Ann, my dearest sister, where have you been all night?” He seems to have enjoy himself. Surrounded by his close friends. People I did not wanted to be around. 

I remembered at this moment of time we were so close in my last life. He was like my hero. The person I wanted to spend the most time with. 

“Greetings, brother. I was just going around. I've never been to somewhere as beautiful as here.” I was a naive girl. And changing to the point of being a cold hearted b*tch was probably too much. Beside that I wanted to make my entrance in to society actually successful this time. "They have a really beautiful garden. I would like to see it in daylight."

“You shouldn’t be out, Ann. You’ll get sick. You’re not that healthy yet. If father heard this he would be so worried." He looked at me with a lot of concern, but I just could not care for it. He signed. "Let me introduce you to some of my friends.”

...

I was trying to avoid them. Like seriously... 

“This is my good friend and crown prince of our country Maximillian. Maximillian this is my adorable little sister. Isn't she so cute?" What the f*ck is wrong with my brother? Is he purposely trying to destroy my image of being the lady of house Orellion to a little girl? Is he stupid? Not that I care for this prince's opinion, but still.

I laughed softly, trying to hide my distain. "Goodness brother. I'm not our dear four year old cousin." Then looking at the crown prince, I gave him a bow. "It's an honer to meet the future light of our country, your highness the crown prince Maximillian Thomas Elisabeth of Godgraced Ulony." He looked a bit surprised by my formality. I did not even wanted to know what nonsense my bother told him about me.

The crown prince chuckled after he let my greeting sink in. "It's nice to meet you to, miss Orellion. You're so much more mature than Ashton has been proclaiming." 

"She is still a child in my eyes." My brother spoke while pouting. The crown prince and I connected our eyes and laughed at my brothers child like behavior.

"I heard you liked my mothers garden."

"Yes, it looked really beautiful. I hoped to see it in day light one day."

"My mother will be pleased. She is really proud of the garden. I'll tell her to invite you."

Gods, I was really giving it my all acting all social towards these two. 

"Ann, let me introduce you to the others."

First was the crown prince fiancée, Amelia Cusoa. Daughter of the Duke Cusoa. And normally the woman that should have been the next queen if it was not for the fake Holy Maiden. She was a really nice person in general. But her life, like mine, completely turn around from its path because of that snake. Amelia eventually joined a monastery in my last life. Nobody heard from her after she disappeared. It wasn't long from now into the timeline. I think about six months from now. Poor girl...

Raydon Drakoc, heir and first son of a Viscount house. A house with a lot of connection in foreign countries. I had not a lot to say about him. He left for foreign business most of the time I was in high society. He was a bit playful in de way he acts and looked stupid at sometimes. But he was far from stupid. One of my brother better friends, I suppose. 

Raleen Mossey, Drakoc fiancée. I don't really know a lot about her. She is the silent type. Raleen does seems like a nice person.    

--

“It’s an honor to meet you al-.” Before I could finish my sentence my brother interrupted me.

“Ah William!”

He yelled at the young Lord Gaïl. I never knew how annoying my brother was till now. Maybe I just can't endure him anymore after everything.

"Were have you been?! You vanished completely!" He just nodded his head at Ashton not even bothering to answer him. I thought he had a close relationship with my brother...

"Good evening everybody." William spoke in a soft manner. His eyes eventually fell on me. 

“Ohh! Right! Let me introduce you to my sister. William this is my sister Ann. Ann this is my friend, William Gaïl. We go to the academy together.”

“It’s an honor to meet you, Y- Sir Gaïl.” I almost called him young Lord Gaîl... It's Sir Gaïl, stupid stupid me... He isn't lord yet...

“It’s an honor to meet you too, Lady Orellion.” He actually called me Lady. Nobody ever did, perhaps I was not worthy of having that title after my mother died... He really is a nice person...  

“Sis, have you heard of him?" My bother asked not even wanting an answer. "You probably have. William is like a famous in Ulony for his magic and combat technics. He's seriously a genius! He’s been a strategics advisor to the Head General since he was fifteen. Isn’t he awesome?” My brother's quite the blabbermouth now that I look at him again. 

“Sir Gaïl must be very driven in his craft.” 

“I do put a lot of hours to be where I am now.”

“Really? What do you do beside all that, Sir?”

“I read a lot of books... I suppose.” He smiled at me. I don't know what it is but there is something about him.

"What are you reading now?"

We got talking about books. I loved my books as they were my only companion after I was labeled and deemed evil.

He was smiling and laughing the whole time we were talking. I get why people like him. Why the girls fall for him left and right. 

“Books are so~~ boring!” A high pitched voice spoke disturbing the peaceful atmosphere we created. Even my brothers and his friends left us to be. But not miss Angel Partinno. “William, who may this be?” He looked quite annoyed by her. At least he and I felt the same about this.

I looked at my brother, the prince..., they looked pretty disturbed at her.

“Miss Partinno, this is Ashton his sister Lady Ann Orellion.” 

“Ohhh yes, I see. You are the sick sister. Nice meeting you. Are you feeling alright? You do seem a bit lifeless in your complexion.” She had a grin on her face. Did she just insulted me? Sign. Be civil, Ann. Civil...

"Oh, do I?" I asked the group. "I've been standing still for quite sometime now."

"Why don't you dance with me? It'll help the blood flow. And I also could use some exercise." Sir Gaïl spoke.

Why is he... His behavior is really confusing me. He speaking a lot to me. Smiling at me. What the f*ck is he doing? Is he trying to put a target on my back by his crazy fan girls?

"Yes!" The crown prince jumped in. "That's a good idea. Amelia let's go dance at well. The next dance will start soon anyway."

"Yes, of course!" Miss Cusoa blurred out. What are they doing? Are they avoiding miss Partinno? "Will you dance too, Ann? William does not dance a lot at balls, but he's a very good dancer. You're sure to enjoy yourself!" 

"Eum, sure. It would be an honor." Why am I agreeing? 

 

1