Snake and [Guide]
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

​// Ran for 200 metres:  +2 speed  + 2 stamina //

It wasn't until my lungs couldn't keep up that I stopped running.

I looked behind; I wasn't being followed anymore.

I sighed in relief. Apparently,  the wolf leader was not so interested in killing me; he just wanted me gone away from the females.

The situation had changed too suddenly. Cub E and D were killed in front of my eyes. Cub A was missing. I too would have been killed if it wasn't for Beta protecting me in the last moment.

My legs gave in, and I fell to the ground, submerged completely in tall blue grass.

Darkness loomed over my eyelids.

"Such tradegy.."

I signed.

In my previous life, tradegies weren't few; I thought I had gotten used to them. But I overestimated myself.

Now what? The pack that I staked my initial survival on had crumbled. Even if they didn't kill alpha or beta, even if they spared Cub B and C for the sake of future aspects, I had no place left there. 

I was on my own once again. Forced to survive in these harsh conditions. This world wasn't too different from my previous world in that regard.

I was also the same: a coward.

"It couldn't be helped. There was no one I could have helped."

That was not within my power. I forced myself to divert my thoughts from this matter. Dealing with my current situation was more important.

I needed to survive.

For the moment, I was safe; my small body was completely engulfed in these tall grass blades, and my scent would also be covered by their fragrance. 

But it will all change at night.

Practically speaking, a typical forest was ten times more dangerous at night. The most dangerous creatures come out at that time, looking for food. 

Most of them do have night vision.

"A shelter is the first priority."

The moment I thought that, my stomach rumbled.

"Food is second."

After my vision was restored following a bit of weakness, I stood up again, inspecting my surroundings.

Huge trees surrounded my vision. Looking upwards, I could barely make out their height. I had never seen trees this big in my previous life.

As I walked ahead, I found myself in a dense canopy that blocked out most of the light. 

Strange, luminescent flowers illuminated one of said trees, shining with a dim light. They would definitely look stunning at night time.

I wandered deeper into the forest, I sensed an otherworldly presence all around me. Strange whispers echoed through the trees, and I could feel the eyes of unseen creatures watching me from the shadows.

My heart sank. I was in the open; I could be killed at any time.

Luckily, I was a wolf; thought small, I shouldn't be on the menu of most of the creatures. At least not that I could think of. Who knows what kind of food chain this world follows?

Every step I took seemed to lead me further away from the world I knew. I felt the gravity of the situation. 

This was indeed some other world.

A while later. The air became thick and humid, and I could almost taste a dull taste in the air.

Was it about to rain?

I couldn't shake the feeling of being a stranger in a strange land. It was as if I was trespassing, and any misstep could have dire consequences.

That misstep occurred. I stepped on something icy cold. If given a round, scally sensation for a split second. In another second, a huge pair of fangs came crashing in front of my face. Eventually biting me.

My legs shook as I fell down, only to find an icy, cold existence coiling around my legs.

Before I could react, this giant red python-like sepant was twisted all around my body. Its huge fangs had already enveloped  my nose and mouth, making it impossible to breathe.

It's yellow, eyes locked on mine, killing intent overflowing.

Pain eroded my face, rather my whole body. I tried to breathe, but the jaws of this snake were like a hydraulic press. I lost all my strength after trying a few times.

Air wouldn't leave my lungs, and agony spread all over my body.

I was careless. Soon I would die, and this damn snake would eat me.

I had eaten many snakes in my previous life. It was time to pay back the meat.

Just when I had made up my mind to stop resisting and give up, A certain memory flashed across my mind.

A common phenomenon on the verge of death.

It was a memory of a person, a memory of a promise I had made to them.

Tears filled up my eyes before a cold light flashed in them.

I decided to exert everything I had left in my body to resist this tribulation.

I tried pulling up my left paw, which was a little less tightly constricted than the other.

I didn't move.

My vision was already so dark; dizziness was not the word that would describe my condition.

I pulled harder. Then even harder. The last bit of adrenaline left in my body worked itself up. The snake's icy chill faded in front of the burning numbness of my muscles.

I barely reached.

"SMACKK !!"

Just one hard smack, and the snake's jaw shifted from my face. Its sharp teeth left painful wounds behind. Blood spurted.

I breathed in instantly.

What a blissful sensation that was! A moment later, the snake tried to bite me again.

But this time I was faster. And my jaw was wider.

I bit off its head, immediately killing it.

// Slayed Level 1 Swamp Snake: +10 XP                                                 Congratulations: Level +1 //

After its death, the snake's body tried to hold on to me for a while longer before falling still like a garden hose.

I struggled to stand up then fell down right afterwards. I was injured.

I couldn't move anymore.

I just stared blankly at the window in front of me.

//Hidden Quest - First Kill: Completed

​       Reward: 1 Skill (Level 1) Selection

Please select one of the following skills:

       > Lvl 1 [Guide]:: Provide Information, Ease of Accessibility of the System 

       > Lvl1 [Translate]:: Lets communicate with some creatures.

       >Lvl 1 [Iron Bite]: Attack Type skill, increases bite force and teeth durability.

//

I would have preferred if they'd given me a healing-type skill. I could use that right now.

But no luck. I pondered. 

At first glance, [Iron Bite] seems to be the best choice. It will help me defend against predators and even enable me to hunt for food.

But I discarded that thought immediately. 

Actually, I was on the verge of death. My lungs were injured due to my forceful movement, and my nose was bleeding nonstop.

Even though I spat out the snake head the moment I bit it, what if I was poisoned as well? I didn't know snakes of this world.

If I chose [Iron Bite], I would die before I could even use that.

[Translate] was also similar, it's use was to communicate with other creatures. Would they not eat me if I asked them to?

"Give me the guide skill." I said it in my mind.

// Confirmed! You successfully obtained the skill: [Guide]//

I waited for some time, but no other window showed up. Did I really get the skill? 

I summoned the system.

//Name: None

Race: Evolution Wolf Cub

Level: 2(0/15)

Skill(s): Lvl 1 [Guide]

Evolution Path: Need Level 10 //

After confirming that I had indeed gotten the skill, I concentrated on it in my mind and thought about using it.

#User verified. State your command.

"Are you my guide?" I asked for confirmation.

#Yes.

It gave just that small answer. I asked another one.

"What can you do for me?"

#I can provide you with (limited)information about this world and the system.

I can also access the system in your place if you permit me.

"Fine, I allow."

// Allow [Guide] to read/write the system?

     > Yes

     > No   //

I willed.

#Permisimsion granted. How may I help you?

"Show me my full stats."

#Character Stats:

Name: None

Class: Lesser Beast

Level: 2

​Evolution path: (Need Lvl 10)

​Affinity: None

Experience Points: [0/15]

Health: [7/20]

Mana: Invalid

Stamina: [11/20]

Strength: [9/20]

Agility: [11/15]

Intelligence: 67%

Endurance: 34%

Dexterity: 100%

Luck: 98%

Skills:[Guide]: [Level 1]

          [Empty]: [/]

          [Empty]: [/]

          Inventory:- [Empty]

                            - [Empty]

                            - [Empty]

          Quests: [None]: []

"Damn! Now that's more like it." I cried bitterly. 

 

 

 

 

 

1