Prologue: I Met a Love Goddess & Chapter 1: My Cute Savior
298 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Beep…Beep…Beep”

The sound of one of the machines in my hospital room continuously beeps, showing the nurses my heart rate. As for me, I lay in this bed unable to move; all I could do was look at the ceiling. How I wish the misery could end. I don’t even know how much time I've lived in this room since the accident that left me like this and killed my parents.

‘How I wish I could have a second chance in a new world. I would do anything asked of me for the person that could grant such a wish. I want to fall in love with a cute girl and be happy,’ I wish to myself as my consciousness fades away and I hear a long beep, going off in the distance, seeming as if it was moving farther and farther away.

As my consciousness returned, I found myself in a bright white room. “Where am I?” I asked out loud.

‘Wait, did I just speak? I haven’t been able to talk in years,’ I thought to myself.

“You are in my domain, and you are able to talk because you are just a soul now. You died in the hospital room.”

A beautiful woman spoke, with hearts in her eyes and long flowing pink hair.

“Did you read my thoughts just now? Wait, forget that. I died?” I asked the woman, who I could only assume was a goddess.

“Yes, I did, and you did. I am the Goddess of Love, and I am here to grant your dying wish. However, I will ask you to do something for me in return,” the Love Goddess giggled before answering.

“Really, I will do anything,” I answer with excitement in my voice.

“Very good, then let’s continue. There are a variety of races that you can get reborn into. There are humans, demihumans, and elves, some of the races are really cute, you know,” the Love Goddess explained.

“Is there one with cat-ears or bunny-ears?” I ask.

“Of course, there are both. Which would you like?”

‘Cat girls are really cute, but bunny girls are too,’ I think to myself, before answering, “I want to be a bunny girl.”

“Very well, now as for when you get reborn, I will give you my blessing. It will increase your attractiveness for the gender you are attracted to and make you less appealing to the opposite. As for your skills, I will first have to tell you the mission I will give you,” the goddess states.

“Of course, I will do whatever you want,” I answer, resolution in my voice.

She laughed and replied, “I want you to build a harem, in your case, a Yuri harem, with many different races of girls, and become stronger. With the title and skills I will give you, you will be strong enough to defeat the demon lord.”

“That sounds like heaven, being able to love and be loved by many girls. But how does me making a harem make me strong enough to beat a demon lord? What are those titles and skills?” I ask, trying to keep myself from fantasizing about such a thing.

“The title is Harem Queen, and it allows you to gain the skills and abilities of girls that you build a special bond with. As for the skills, I will give you the ability to use magic, but it will be basic until you bond with a mage. The other skills will help with the Harem Queen title. These skills are Healing Kiss, it allows you to heal people you kiss, and Analyze, it will allow you to look at other people’s skills. I forgot, since you chose a race with fluffy ears, I will add a special skill; when the girls in your harem pet your ears, you and them both will gain a temporary stat boost,” the goddess explained, with a proud smile.

“Thank you, I promise I will do everything you ask,” I answer happily.

“Good, you will be reborn as an adult in that world, and I will even set up a heroine-being-saved moment for you,” the Love Goddess giggled.

Before I could ask what she meant, she already waved goodbye, and my consciousness faded as I saw a white lily bloom. In the next moment, I found myself laying in a field near a forest.

I stood up and spoke, “Where am I? So, that wasn’t a dream?”

‘Wait, I’m standing. I am actually standing.’ The realization struck me like a bolt of lightning—I was standing. I couldn't contain my joy and began hopping around like an excited bunny. As I patted the top of my head, I could feel two long, happily twitching bunny ears.

But before I could revel in this newfound freedom, a low growl from behind startled me. I turned to see a menacing dark gray wolf preparing to attack.

"Is that scary wolf trying to eat this cute bunny?" I pondered internally as fear gripped me. The wolf charged toward me, and panic took over.

"Don't eat me, this bunny-girl is not tasty!" I shouted, tears streaming from my eyes, as I sprinted away as fast as my legs could carry me.

Chapter 1: My Cute Savior

"Eyaaa!" I cried, still running away from the wolf.

"Stop running and duck!" I heard a woman’s voice yell.

I did as I was told and heard what sounded like an explosion behind me.

"It’s okay, you’re safe now..." A beautiful girl that looked like a doll with white porcelain skin, long silver hair, and ruby eyes started to speak before she stopped, as if she was in a daze when she looked at me. She stood a couple of inches taller than me, which means we are both pretty short, but I am shorter, and she is really cute.

I turned to look at the wolf and just saw the charcoaled corpse of what used to be the wolf. Then I looked back at the cute girl.

"My... my savior! Thank you, you kept me from being Mr. Wolf’s meal." I hugged her with gratitude.

"Ah..." She spoke aloud when she noticed I was hugging her, her face became bright red, and she gently pushed me away.

‘It seems she came out of her daze; I wonder what that was?’ I asked myself.

"What are you doing, hugging someone out of the blue?" She asked, stammering while still blushing.

I tilted my head in puzzlement, my bunny ears flopping with curiosity.

"What is this creature? She is too cute." I could hear her whisper to herself. My bunny ears are really good, you know.

"I am a bunny-girl," I answered with a proud smile, showing her my tiny tail, twitching with excitement. "Anyways, you saved me, so you wouldn’t hurt me," I said while grabbing her hands, causing her to blush.

"Well... I guess you're right, but you shouldn't be hugging strangers even if they did save you. With your appearance, you might give them a heart attack," she lectured me after moving her hands away from me.

"But you’re really cute too. I haven’t seen what I look like yet, but I bet you are cuter than me," I answered honestly.

"That’s not true and doesn't change the point of hugging strangers," she blushed before lecturing me again, letting out an exasperated sigh.

My ears twitched at her words, "Does that mean if we are no longer strangers, I can hug you?"

She gave me a look like 'Is this girl crazy?' before sighing with a slight blush before answering, "Maa... I guess that would be fine. My name is Yuki, what’s yours, and where did you come from anyway?"

As I tried to remember my past life, I couldn’t remember anything, not even my name. The only thing I could remember was meeting the goddess and the mission she gave me. ‘I better answer soon; she is giving me a look like I am suspicious,’ I thought to myself.

"To be honest, I don’t really know. I don’t remember anything, not even my name," I answered honestly, feeling a little worried.

Yuki seemed to be contemplating something before saying, "That’s not good. I can only think of one reason as to why you wouldn’t be able to remember, but I will need to confirm it first. For now, can you bring up your status?"

"Status?" I asked, confused by what she meant.

"You don’t know what a status is? Internally chant status, and a screen should pop up. Normally, you wouldn’t show anyone your status, but I will show you my status as well, so will you trust me?" Yuki asked, with a look of puzzlement from my answer.

"Of course, I will," I answered with a happy smile before doing as I was told.

‘Status!’ I chanted internally, and a status screen appeared.

"Wow, so cute," I exclaimed; a pink status board showed up in front of me. Yuki came next to me and looked at the contents with me; she seemed surprised by it being pink, though.

Status:

Name: Unnamed

Race: Bunny Demi-Human

Age: 18

Level: 1

Titles:

Harem Queen – The more girls the owner of this title has fall in love with them, the more skills she gains, and the stronger she becomes depending on the skills and abilities of her harem members.

Blessed by the Love Goddess – The owner of this title is more attractive to members of their preferred partners, making them less appealing to members of the opposite sex, also gives the owner infinite charm, and Immortality which can be shared with loved ones the owner has deeply loves and shares a physical relationship with.

Chosen Hero – The owners of this title will gain a 15% increase in experience gained, and skills acquired can be mastered more easily.

Naïve - Naturally air-headed, this title was not given but rather one that was a part of the owner. It increases the protective instincts of the owner’s companions and loved ones, making them want to naturally help.

Stats:

Strength: 10

Vitality: Infinite (I won’t let you die, cutie. Love Goddess)

Speed: 15

Mind (Affects the amount of Mana and Magic Attack Power the person has): 10

Charm: Infinite (I didn’t have to do much this time; you are naturally charming. Love Goddess)

Skills:

Healing Kiss (Basic): Can lightly heal injuries of others with a kiss.

Elemental Magic (Basic): Can use the basic forms of all elemental magic.

Analyze: Able to see others' status by focusing on them.

Special Skills:

Mofu-Mofu Stat Boost: Special skill, will increase the owner and members of their harem's status by 15% after petting the owner's ears.

Message from the Love Goddess: “Did you enjoy the surprise heroine event I set up for you? I hope you didn’t get hurt by the wolf, but you can’t die, so it’s fine, tee-hee. Have fun in your new world while working on your mission. P.S. have the girl that saved you name you; she was destined to be your first wife after all. Bysies.”

"What the hell?!" Yuki and I screamed in unison. My bunny ears flopped up and down excitedly.

"So, I was right after all, you have been sent here a hero, by the Goddess. I didn’t expect that it would be by the Love Goddess, but this would explain why I felt compelled to come out here; the monsters here are too weak for me after all," Yuki pondered before looking at me with a warm smile, as I was still twitching from my status and the message.

"Does this mean people won’t actually like me for me, but because of my status?" I asked, tears welling up.

Yuki pets my head and answered, "I don’t believe that is the case at all. You saw the Love Goddess; she didn’t really change your charm status that much. That means people are naturally drawn to you and like you."

My tears dried up as I looked at Yuki’s sparkling ruby eyes and warm smile and asked, "How did you know I was sent here, and are you not bothered by being destined to me without a choice in the matter?"

Yuki laughed and answered, "It is a lot to take in all at once, but I have lived a long time, so I have gained some knowledge about heroes and the goddesses. Even if I wasn’t destined to be with you, I would still do so. I can’t really explain it; to be honest, it kind of makes me happy to be your first w...wife. You are pretty naïve, so I can protect from people with ulterior motives."

"That makes me happy, but don’t agree with that title, I can be smart sometimes," I pouted slightly.

Yuki rubbed my ears, calling me cute, which caused me to relax a little. 'That feels so good, but I feel like I am being distracted,' I thought to myself. But I couldn’t say anything. I looked at her, and she gave me a happy smile. Then she giggled and replied.

"I’m sorry, how about I give you a name and show you my status to make up."

"Yes, please! I want a cute name," I answered excitedly, my little bunny tail twitching back and forth.

"Hmm..." Yuki pondered for a second and then continued, "How about Lily? They are my favorite flower and are really cute."

"Lily... I like it, it feels perfect. Thank you, Yuki," I happily stated before hugging her.

Yuki started blushing, but she didn’t push me away this time and said, "Hey, what did I say about hugging people?"

I tilted my head, still hugging her and answered, "But we are not strangers; it’s strange, but I feel like I have known you for a long time."

Yuki looked at me as if she understood my meaning and replied, "Very well, I feel the same way, but don’t hug anyone else like this without my okay."

"Okies, I promise. By the way, you said you have been alive for a long time; how old are you?" I asked after letting Yuki out of my hug, my ears jumping up and down with curiosity.

Yuki opened her status and said, "Here, you can look at it."

Status:

Name: Yuki

Race: Vampire

Age: 150

Level: 100 (Maxed)

Titles:

(New) First Wife of the Harem Queen – This title gives the owner the ability to see through other people who try to get close to the Harem Queen's lies and learn their true motives.

Sage: Master of all elements of magic

Vampire Princess: The princess of the vampire race.

Stats:

Strength: 75

Vitality: 50 (Will decrease by one the older the person gets, maximum value 200)

Speed: 60

Mind: 200 (Max Value)

Charm: 100

Skills:

Elemental Magic (Mastered) - Can use all elemental magic skillfully.

Blood Creation (Basic) - Can use blood that was drunk to make weapons.

Regeneration: Bodily Wounds Heal over time

(New) Analyze: Can see other people’s status.

Special Skills:

Sun Resistance: Can resist the effects of the sun.

Lunar Amplification: Revives a 10% stat boost at night.

"So, you are not immortal, and you are a princess?" I asked, bewildered by the status I saw.

She giggled and answered, "No, I’m not immortal, but I have a feeling that will change in the future." A bright blush spread across her cheeks as she looked at me; I then remembered how I could share my immortality and became bright red as well.

We stood in silence for a second before continuing with a sad expression, "I was a princess a long time ago, but some things happened, I no longer am anymore. My blood creation skill is basic as well because I haven’t ever drunk blood before."

I hugged her and said, "I’m sorry for making you remember something you didn’t want to. Just know if you ever want somebody to talk to, I am here."

Yuki hugged me back and pet my head, replying, "When the time is right, I would like that very much."

After we let each other go, I asked, "How come you haven’t drunk anyone’s blood?"

She blushed and looked at me with warm eyes and answered, "It is a very intimate experience; I want the person whose blood I drink to be someone I deeply care about and love."

"Soo cute!" I squealed before continuing with a slight teasing smile, "Then does that mean you will drink my blood eventually?"

Yuki giggled with a slight blush and replied honestly, "I do believe that is how it will be, but are you sure it would be okay if I did?"

I smiled and answered, "Of course, it gives you the proper nourishment you need and makes you stronger. Then I blushed, hiding my face in my ears, and continued, "Also, I don’t mind because it would be you doing it."

Yuki gave me a warm smile, held out her hand, and said, "I’m glad you feel that way. Now let's head to the town and get you an I.D. at the adventurer's guild."

I took her hand with a smile and excitedly replied, "Umm, let’s go. Please take care of me from now on, Yuki."

Yuki laughed and replied with a warm smile, "Of course I will, please do the same for me, Lily."

9