Chapter 3: The Crescent Moon Inn
138 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We will be at the inn in a second, Lily. I have been staying there for a long time, and the owners are really nice, and their food is delicious. They have a daughter around your age that helps them out, I think you two could become good friends," Yuki told me as we walked to the inn, our arms linked, and our hands interlocked.

My bunny ears flopped happily at what Yuki told me, and I responded with a smile, "Mm, I hope we could be friends; I will have to thank them for taking care of you."

Yuki smiled at me and replied, "I’m sure you will be, but fair warning, she might fawn over you; she really likes beast demi-humans, she says they are super cute."

I giggled and happily exclaimed, "That’s fine if it’s okay with you; I feel the same way as her, after all. That’s why I chose to be reborn as a bunny-girl. Cute is justice."

"Haha, I didn’t think so myself before, but I am starting to see your point after meeting you," Yuki laughed while looking at me and started rubbing my ears, causing me to blush and lean my head on her shoulder as we walked.

"You're so sweet, but you know you are really cute yourself," I said, feeling content by her rubbing my ears.

Yuki blushed and said thank you before changing the subject when we reached the inn, "I will get you a room beside mine if I can, and then we will eat."

My small tail twitched, and my ears dropped slightly. 'I know we haven’t known each other for a long time, even though it feels like it, but I don’t want to sleep in a different room than her,' I thought to myself.

Yuki, who noticed my change in mood, asked me, "Lily, is everything okay?"

"Ca...can we stay in the same room?" I asked, looking up at her with a pout and pleading eyes, my ears still drooping.

Yuki seemed to go into a daze as she looked at me, before she started patting my head and with a loving smile she replied, "Of course we can."

My ears immediately perked up, and they started flopping up and down happily, and I hugged her, saying, "Thank you, Yuki! You’re the best."

Yuki laughed while hugging me back, "I am glad you're so happy; let’s go in, I will have to explain and see if we can get a bigger room."

"Mm, let’s go!" I cheered. As we made our way into the inn, the atmosphere was warm and comfy, and it felt like a home away from home.

"Welcome to the Crescent Moon Inn... ah, Yuki, welcome back," a cute and energetic girl began her business greeting when she noticed Yuki. The girl had long lavender-colored hair in a ponytail and light purple eyes.

"I’m back, Sue; where are the owners?" Yuki laughed and replied as Sue came running towards us.

"They are in the kitchen getting things ready for the lunch rush," Sue answered before she noticed me. Her eyes immediately started sparkling, and she slowly got closer and closer to me, mumbling, "Bunny ears, bunny tail, so cute."

As Sue was reaching for my ears, I heard a quick whack, and in the next moment, Sue was kneeling, holding the top of her head, and Yuki had her hand in a chopping stance.

"Sue, I know Lily is really cute, but her bunny-ears are for me to play with, at least for now," Yuki lectured Sue, who was still holding her head.

"That was mean, Yuki," Sue pouted.

"Hahaha." I couldn't hold it in and started laughing at their interaction. I could already tell Sue and I would be good friends. Yuki and Sue looked at me laughing and started giggling too.

After we all calmed down, Sue introduced herself, and then I did so as well, "It is nice to meet you, Sue; I am Lily, I am a new adventurer that just moved into town. I hope we can become friends."

"Yeah, I hope so too. To be friends with such a cute girl would be amazing, but you are not just a newbie adventurer Yuki is helping, are you?" Sue said with a teasing smile, and then looked at Yuki and my hands holding each other's.

Yuki and I both blushed, and my bunny ears started flopping up and down. Yuki answered with a loving smile, "No, she is my partner; you could say I had been waiting for her for my whole life."

"Yuki..." I whispered her name, hugging her arm even tighter.

"Wow, you're so bold, Yuki, saying such sweet words. I will be asking for more details later, you two, but for now, I am guessing you need to talk to my mother about getting a room. I will go get her," Sue said while giggling, before heading to the back room.

"Sue is really energetic and fun," I said while giggling.

"She is a really good person, though she does get pretty handsy when it comes to cute people or things," Yuki said while laughing as well. That was when Sue and a middle-aged-looking woman with the same color hair and eyes as Sue came out with a big smile.

"Good afternoon, Emilia," Yuki called out to the woman.

"Good afternoon to you as well, Yuki. I must say Sue told me you brought a cutie with you and that she was your girlfriend, but she really is cute."

I blushed and hid behind my bunny ears, repeating Emilia’s words, "Yuki’s girlfriend..."

Yuki blushed a little as well and replied, "Something like that; this girl hiding here is Lily, she is my party member and partner. I would like to see if I could get a bigger room for two."

"My, my, of course, you have been here a long time; it will be no problem upgrading your room. Since Sue told me you just met each other again, I’m sure you two have a lot of ‘catching’ up to do," Emilia said as she winked at us with a teasing smile, before she continued, "Just don’t get too loud."

Sue, Yuki, and I all turned deep crimson with Emilia’s words. That was when Yuki said in an irritated manner, "Just what do you think will happen, you dirty-minded owner."

"Haha, you girls are too cute; how long would you like to prepay for?" Emilia laughed before going back into business mode.

"I would like to pay for a week's stay for now," Yuki replied while sighing in exasperation.

"Very well, with the larger room and a week's stay, it will be 1 Gold coin," Emilia said with a smile.

‘I can’t tell if that is expensive or not; I will ask Yuki to teach me about money sometime,’ I thought to myself, looking at the gold coin with curiosity, before my tummy rumbled again.

Yuki, Emilia, and Sue all laughed before Yuki asked, "Is lunch available yet or are we a little early?"

"Nope you got her right on time, we just finished it when you arrived; go ahead and take a seat in the dining area. Sue will bring it to you," Emilia answered before gesturing to Sue to go get the food prepared.

"Thank you, Emilia, for taking care of Yuki all this time," I said my thanks with a heartfelt smile, looking at Emilia.

She showed a bright smile and said, "It is our pleasure; she has helped us out a lot as well, and if you are special to Yuki, then you are special to us too. Now go ahead and go eat you two."

"Yes, we shall, thank you, Emilia; come on, Lily," Yuki said with a loving smile as we made our way to the dining hall.

After we got seated, Sue brought us our food. It was a vegetable and meat stew, with a roll, and tea for a drink. It looked so good; my eyes started sparkling at the sight, and my bunny ears twitched happily.

"Eat all you want, Lily. I promised you, after all," Yuki told me before with warm eyes as she saw my excitement, before thanking Sue and telling her, "Sue, I will pay for extra meals if she wants more."

"Of course, please enjoy yourselves," Sue replied, giving us a happy smile before going to take care of the other customers that had started coming in.

We said our thanks for the food and started eating. My little tail started twitching excitedly from the taste. "It's so good!" I squealed before stuffing my cheeks even more.

Yuki giggled at my reaction and said, "I’m glad you like it; this is my favorite place to eat. They don’t really have sweets, but I will get you some when we visit the town after lunch; we will also have to get you some clothes and a weapon of some kind, that way you can do quests safely and level up."

"I appreciate it, but are you sure it's okay to be spending so much on me?" I asked, feeling concerned about all the things she was talking about buying. I didn’t know anything about currency, but it felt like all that could be expensive.

Yuki rubbed my ears and replied with a loving and warm smile, "Please don’t worry about such a thing; I have been an adventurer for a long time, and I hardly have any expenses besides a place to stay and daily necessities. So, I have a lot saved at the moment, and when you get stronger, we can do harder quests and make money for us both."

"Mm, thank you, Yuki; I promise I will get stronger so I can be of help to you as well," I thanked her and vowed with determination in my eyes.

"Just don’t get too strong too fast now; I kind of like it being just us together, at least for right now," Yuki said while laughing and giving me a wink and teasing smile, causing me to blush bright red and hide behind my bunny ears.

I responded, saying, "I’ll try not to; I like it being just us right now too."

Yuki laughed as we started eating again, but I noticed I had already eaten it all, and I was still hungry. I looked up at Yuki, with a slight pout, and said, "It was so good; I ate it all already."

Yuki showed a knowing smile and gestured for Sue when she walked by and asked, "Lily really enjoyed your food; can we get another extra helping?"

Sue looked at me with a bright smile and answered, "Of course, eat as much as you want; Mama said seconds are on the house today."

My eyes sparkled, and I replied, "Thank you very much."

Yuki thanked Sue as well before she went to get the seconds. Sue brought more out a few minutes later, and we happily continued eating until we were full. I ate three plates, and Yuki ate two. I felt bad about asking for thirds, but Sue said it was fine and brought it to us with a smile. After we rested our stomachs chatting with each other, we said our thanks and left the inn.

Yuki asked me, "Are you ready to explore the Town of Hudgel?"

My ears flopped up and down happily as I held onto Yuki’s arm, and I replied excitedly, "Mm, I am ready to continue our date," which caused Yuki to blush. 'Embarrassed Yuki is too cute. You know, I am glad the first person I met in this world is you,' I thought to myself as we made our way into town.

10