Blessed
1.5k 5 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I widened my eyes at my mother's words. Magic? I had magic?

 

Awesome.

 

It seemed my magic had something to do with sound, seeing as I knocked a man backward with a shout. He stood up with an angry expression and was about to take a step toward my mother when I said, "Ba!"

 

This time, a concentrated blast of sound threw him out the doors. Then I smiled, hugging my mother as best I could.

 

"You are so strong," She said, hugging me back and giving me kisses. "I love you so much."

 

"What happened?" My father cried, rushing into the room.

 

"Evelyn awakened her magic," My mother said.

 

"What!?" My father shouted. "Already!?"

 

"Indeed," My mother said. "Less than a day old and she already has magic. Although, it'll take a while before she can learn how to use it." I frowned internally. That was a little disappointing.

 

"My, my, my," A new voice said. "What happened to you, Tyler?"

 

"My baby did," My mother said to the new person.

 

"Already magical?" The voice asked. "I'm impressed."

 

"As you should be," My mother said to the new person who walked into the room. It was a woman who heavily resembled my mother. Her face was sharper and more elegant but her eyes had an element of softness when they saw me. "She is incredible."

 

"And this is your fourth child?" She asked.

 

"Yes," My mother answered. My eyes widened a little bit at her words. Fourth child? How come I had never met any of my siblings? "Her name is Evelyn."

 

"Hello, Evelyn," The woman said. She extended one feathered arm and I gripped one of her fingers. She smiled and turned to my mother. "She seems quite intelligent."

 

"Indeed," My mother said. "And she has both sexes."

 

"Oh?" The woman said. "Interesting. . ."

 

"If you want to do any kind of tests with her, Mother, I will not stand for it unless it is after her tenth birthday and she agrees," My mother said in a growl. So this person was my grandmother. Also, tests? What kind of tests? And why ten years old? I would think it would be eighteen.

 

"Alright," My grandmother said. "Do you mind if I use [Discover]?"

 

"No," My mother said. "Go ahead." My grandmother nodded and put one finger on my forehead. Then she spoke a word that seemed to carry energy.

 

"[Discover]," She said. I felt a pulse of energy and let out a small gasp. My grandmother frowned slightly.

 

"Nira?" She asked. "Did you not use [Discover] on her yourself?"

 

"No, why?" My mother asked. When my grandmother next spoke, her voice had a shaky element.

 

"She appears to have a. . . portion of a human soul," She said. A strange image appeared in the air in front of us.

 

 

"Where did that come from. . ." My mother said. Then she gasped and looked down at me. her next words were slow and cautious. "If you understand me, nod your head."

 

I looked up at her eyes, wondering what to do. It seemed like she knew about my reincarnation, but what if it was something else? I didn't know. But the child inside me caused me to nod my head slightly.

 

"To think that my own child is a blessed," My mother said, enveloping me in a bigger hug. I squirmed a little and she adjusted her hug to be more comfortable. "I don't know what your life was like before, but you get a restart. you are my daughter now, and I won't hear otherwise." I smiled a little at her words. Then she said, "And don't think you get any special treatment because of this."

 

I nodded. It seemed that there was some kind of reincarnation known in this world.

 

But my mother was right. I was not Edward Friar anymore. I was Evelyn. . . whatever my last name was now.

 

The next chapter will probably be a quick speed through Evelyn's first year or two years.

50