Chapter 140: Why does this kind of organization not collapse yet?
92 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hanzo of the Salamander had subdued many people.

The Legendary Sannin of the Konoha once admired him, the samurai of the Land of Iron respected him, and even the former victim Nagato now had to sigh in admiration to Hanzo of the Salamander's magnanimity.

This demigod ninja, for the future of the Land of Rain, was willing to pave the way for Nagato with his own death, thereby trading for the opportunity to let Nagato succeed as the leader of the Rain Village.

"Hanzo, this guy..."

Jiraiya's expression was somewhat somber.

Because in Hanzo of the Salamander, he seemed to see the shadows of those who had once burned their lives for the future of the village.

Hanzo of the Salamander, having received the promise of Nagato's future succession to the leadership of the Rain Village, finally left this place and returned to the Rain Village to stabilize people's hearts with the name of a demigod ninja.

Konan and Nagato, after being diverted by Hanzo of the Salamander, also did not need to discuss the Akatsuki organization with Jiraiya anymore and planned to return to the new base of the Akatsuki organization.

Jiraiya could not openly ask them to stay, nor was it convenient to continue inquiring.

After all, it was the Konoha's ninja, Danzo, who caused the tragedy of the past, and it was fortunate that these two disciples did not completely resent the Konoha for it.

The new base of the Akatsuki organization.

When Nagato looked at Konan, there was some apology in his eyes: "I'm sorry, Konan, it was my unilateral decision to spare Hanzo of the Salamander..."

"It's okay."

Konan shook her head and lowered her head: "Hanzo of the Salamander was willing to commit suicide to atone for Yahiko's death, and he has always been trying to atone for the past... Just as you said, even if Yahiko were alive, he would prevent us from doing this."

When Konan said this, her eyes slowly changed, and she brought up what she cared about most: "Nagato, should we consider giving up the plan for war weapons, just like Yahiko said, that people can achieve peace through mutual understanding, isn't this an example?"

Konan had never trusted Uchiha Obito and naturally did not believe in Uchiha Obito's war weapons plan. She always wanted Nagato to give up this dangerous plan and stay away from that guy, Uchiha Obito.

Nagato was silent for a while before shaking his head: "Konan, even if we guide people to understand each other like we do with Hanzo of the Salamander, thus eliminating war, this process is too slow..."

"One day, my life will come to an end, who else in the ninja world would do as we do?"

"No one else wants to make all people in the ninja world understand each other, and with our guidance, to what extent can we achieve this?"

To be honest,

Nagato had indeed thought about giving up this plan.

However, Hanzo of the Salamander had mentioned the other great nations of the ninja world constantly fighting within the Land of Rain, and even he could not solve this trouble. Nagato did not believe he had more charisma and appeal than Hanzo of the Salamander to make others understand. His only advantage was the plan of the Akatsuki organization.

War weapons.

Collecting the Tailed Beasts, reviving the Gedo Statue, creating the ultimate war weapon!

For the Rain Village...

The creation of war weapons was a necessity!

"Our plan is suitable."

Nagato then brought up Akihara Kagura: "Our junior, his plan is even more extreme than the war weapons plan, at least our plan is already mild, letting the world feel the pain of war, rather than destroying the world..."

"That guy... indeed…”

Konan remembered the attitude of Akihara Kagura in front of Jiraiya and sighed: "No wonder he is very confident, we and Teacher Jiraiya will not have conflicts."

Nagato nodded, but suddenly felt a hint of vigilance in his heart: "That's not right, Kagura joined the Akatsuki organization, his personality is too extreme, could it be that he wants to use the war weapons we will create in the future to destroy the world…"

Konan suddenly fell silent. This question is indeed a bit headache-inducing!

Because if the war weapons are in the hands of those who want to maintain peace, it's okay, but what if Akihara Kagura really gets them? Would that junior brother really not use them to destroy the world?

"His strength is still very strong."

Nagato remembered the terrifying combat power of Akihara Kagura, and also his age: "Even though his age is not very big, we can only hope that Teacher Jiraiya can teach him well…"

Speaking of which, it's quite absurd.

A member of the Akatsuki organization, turns out to be more extreme than its leader, Nagato, making him feel somewhat apprehensive, forcing him to place his hope on Teacher Jiraiya's guidance, to prevent that member from harboring evil intentions and using Akatsuki's war weapons to destroy the world.

Konan's eyes flickered slightly.

The future is indeed a perspective to consider.

All along, Konan didn't want to interfere with Nagato's thoughts; her only hope was for this once companion to live a little longer.

Undoubtedly.

The Akatsuki's plan must be to collect the Tailed Beasts.

This matter would make them enemies of the Five Great Nations, definitely leading to battles, causing Nagato to have to use the power of the Rinnegan, thus losing more life force.

If she wanted to persuade Nagato to give up the idea of collecting the Tailed Beasts to create war weapons, Konan never thought she could convince him, perhaps she could use that junior brother named Kagura…

If the purpose of that junior brother is to steal future war weapons to destroy the world, wouldn't Nagato dare not collect the Tailed Beasts to create war weapons?

"Right."

Nagato looked at Konan, who was lost in thought, and took the initiative to ask: "Konan, did that guy Orochimaru defect yet?"

"Not yet."

Konan shook her head and continued: "But there's too much ambition and greed in Orochimaru's eyes, he will defect sooner or later, it might be better to take this opportunity to expel him…"

"We are still short of manpower."

Nagato somewhat disagreed with Konan's method.

Although Nagato also understood the danger of Orochimaru, he was confident enough to suppress Orochimaru, was there really a need to expel him over a trivial matter?

Just as Nagato was about to continue discussing with Konan, a figure teleported next to Tendo Pain, a voice suddenly appeared in their ears: "Brother Nagato is right, if Akatsuki spreads the word about expelling people, how will we recruit manpower in the future?"

"Kagura!"

Konan's brows slightly furrowed.

"How did you come here?”

Nagato glanced at Akihara Kagura and asked, "Won't Teacher Jiraiya suspect you for coming to the base of the Akatsuki organization?"

"Are you really disciples of Teacher Jiraiya?"

Akihara Kagura looked at them, a hint of doubt in his eyes.

"..."

The looks in Nagato and Konan's eyes were even more doubtful.

Could tonight's event not prove their identity? Teacher Jiraiya himself admitted it! How could they not be considered Teacher Jiraiya's disciples?

"Since you are Teacher Jiraiya's disciples..."

Akihara Kagura sighed deeply, "Have you forgotten how rich Teacher Jiraiya's nightlife is?"

"..."

Nagato's expression suddenly became awkward.

"..."

Konan's face turned slightly dark.

Clearly, their teacher indeed behaved a bit less solemnly.

Akihara Kagura looked at them, a trace of melancholy on his face, "To wait for you, Teacher Jiraiya stayed near that tombstone for too long and has been wanting to go for a drink..."

"Alright."

After finishing, Akihara Kagura brought up Orochimaru's issue again, "Let's continue talking about Orochimaru. Firing someone directly without them knowing isn't very nice, and it wouldn't sound good if word got out..."

Such actions would definitely be condemned!

At least if they wanted to fire Orochimaru, they should give him some time to arrange his next steps!

This is also because there aren't many news platforms in the ninja world. If Akihara Kagura were treated this way, he would definitely expose everything about this company to prevent others from being tricked!

"Right."

Nagato nodded.

"But..."

Konan's brows furrowed again.

"So, we can't let this news get out."

Akihara Kagura raised his hand in a knife-chopping gesture, "If we secretly take care of Orochimaru, he won't be able to spread the word..."

"..."

Nagato's face darkened.

What exactly was this junior brother thinking!

"..."

Konan's eyes lit up.

Sometimes this junior brother's radical ideas weren't too bad!

Nagato had thought Akihara Kagura was considering things from his perspective, only to propose an idea even more extreme than Konan's actions!

Nagato looked at Akihara Kagura and sighed, saying, "Speaking of which, are you really not taking revenge on Orochimaru for treating you as an experiment?"

"I've stopped caring about it a long time ago."

Akihara Kagura shook his head, feeling that Nagato underestimated his magnanimity: "I'm not someone with a narrow mind. Orochimaru's disciple, Anko, also wronged me in Konoha, and I even found her a part-time tutoring job during her difficult times, considering our past acquaintance..."

Nagato and Konan no longer doubted.

The magnanimity of this junior brother indeed sounded generous.

"Let it be."

"Since you're worried about me taking revenge on Orochimaru, I'll offer another plan then, directly telling Orochimaru that he's just a decoy to attract Teacher Jiraiya and me..."

Akihara Kagura proposed another idea in a bored manner, continuing carelessly: "After all, the Akatsuki organization isn't exactly filled with saints. Orochimaru will surely understand, considering it as a test given to him..."

Nagato and Konan exchanged glances.

It seemed there weren't many good people within the Akatsuki organization...

But...

Would Orochimaru really not get angry about this?

Last time, when they escaped the base of the Akatsuki and used Orochimaru as bait, he was already displeased; this time, to bluntly claim to use Orochimaru as a decoy to attract Teacher Jiraiya and Akihara Kagura...

Would Orochimaru's mindset...

Really not change?

Akihara Kagura seemed to guess their thoughts and took the initiative to say, "Let's just do it this way, tell him directly that he's just a decoy. Orochimaru, being one of the legendary Sannin of Konoha along with Teacher Jiraiya, surely won't mind such a trivial matter..."

"Alright then."

Nagato couldn't think of any other way.

This approach of letting Orochimaru know the truth was at least milder than killing Orochimaru to silence him or directly firing him...

Land of Wind.

The Land of Wind and the Land of Rain are neighboring countries.

However, the climates of these two countries are completely different. The Land of Rain is always cloudy with rainy weather, while the Land of Wind always has scorching sunny weather.

Most of the Land of Wind is an endless Gobi desert, where the sun in the sky seems to melt people, and finding a rock for shade is already a blessing.

"It's the same old weather..."

The Sasori of the Red Sand had long been accustomed to this weather.

The harsh environment of the Land of Wind resulted in the poverty of the Sand Village but also honed the temperaments of the Sand ninja, making them increasingly able to endure hardships.

Fortunately, Orochimaru was also a person of resilient character and didn't mind the environment here, simply sitting on the ground in the shadow of a rock, sneering as he talked about the events of that day: "Sasori, you must have seen it that day, Pain was being manipulated as a puppet behind the scenes..."

"Hm?"

The Sasori of the Red Sand looked at Orochimaru in surprise.

What about Pain being manipulated as a puppet from behind the scenes?

Let the Sasori of the Red Sand speak, who isn't a puppet being manipulated by someone else? Is there anything so surprising about this?

The body of the Sasori of the Red Sand itself is a puppet of the Six Paths, only its body structure is special, allowing him to live as if he were alive, and even use the abilities of Yin-Yang Escape and the Asura Path.

"Have you considered it?"

Orochimaru looked at the Sasori of the Red Sand, lightly laughing as he tempted the Sasori of the Red Sand: "You are a puppet master, aren't you interested in a puppet that looks exactly like a living person?"

...

The Sasori of the Red Sand really found it difficult to speak.

Because he really wasn't interested.

Compared to the Path of Pain controlled by Nagato behind the scenes, the Asura Path power given to him by Akihara Kagura suited him much better.

"Even if we were interested, it's not something we could touch."

The Sasori of the Red Sand shook his head, seemingly afraid of the power of the Rinnegan: "Don't forget, you can't even withstand a single technique from Pain..."

At this point, the Sasori of the Red Sand felt a change in the ring in his hand, which was an identity ring issued to members of the Akatsuki organization. It could convert chakra into unique thought waves, thereby transmitting messages to Pain.

"Pain wants to communicate with us."

...

Orochimaru naturally felt the change in the ring as well.

Regarding this ring, Orochimaru had long had the idea to research it, just that he couldn't understand why, after converting chakra into thought waves, he couldn't capture the thought waves?

If this problem could be solved, it would be entirely possible to develop a tool for unlimited long-distance communication, which could potentially change the ninja world.

Unfortunately.

Orochimaru had never figured it out.

This problem might have to wait until the future when the Rinnegan is available to achieve, by conducting experiments to compare and determine whether this long-distance communication is indeed a unique function of the Rinnegan.

Of course.

This matter can be put aside for now.

The most pressing matter is to see if Pain has any new ideas.

"Projection Technique!"

Orochimaru and the Sasori of the Red Sand sat on the ground, simultaneously using the Projection Technique.

Their consciousness seemed to return to the base of the Akatsuki organization, only turning into a group of ethereal shadows that somewhat resembled their bodies.

Besides the two of them, the shadows of Konan and Pain were also there.

"Pain!"

After connecting with Pain, the first thing the Sasori of the Red Sand did was to snitch: "Orochimaru was just thinking about persuading me to join him in plotting to take your Rinnegan. I hate this guy, can we take the opportunity to get rid of him in the desert?"

...

Orochimaru's eyes changed, immediately sneering sinisterly: "Hehehe, that's the eyes of the Six Paths Sage, wouldn't it be abnormal if I didn't have any thoughts about it?"

The brain of this Sasori of the Red Sand must be abnormal, right?

Is this something that can be snitched on? Who would want to work with you in the future? An S-class rogue ninja, who once had the chance to succeed the position of Kazekage in the Sand Village, runs to the Akatsuki organization, loyally serving - for whom is this display of loyalty intended?

"It doesn't matter."

Pain seemed to have a broad mind, unconcerned about Orochimaru coveting the Rinnegan, and simply ordered: "Orochimaru, Jiraiya has been keeping an eye on Akatsuki. To prevent him from causing us trouble, you'll act as bait to draw his attention..."

"What?"

Orochimaru's expression suddenly turned grim.

These guys, planning to use him as bait again?

The last time they did this, not even a signal to retreat was sent; this time was even more outrageous, blatantly stating to use him as bait?

This guy...

Has he ever led?

Even if using one's subordinates as bait, one should not say it so openly!

After all the trouble to meet with Akihara Kagura and finally persuading that youngster to take Jiraiya to investigate the Akatsuki, the organization ends up dumping this on me?

"This was originally your mess."

Pain didn't care about Orochimaru's attitude, directly blaming him: "If it weren't for you stirring trouble in the laboratory and attracting Jiraiya's attention to Akatsuki's trail, he wouldn't have found us. Since it's the trouble you caused, go solve it yourself!"

"..."

Orochimaru's hand clenched slowly.

It wasn't about whether he could solve it; his original intention was to keep causing trouble for Akatsuki through Jiraiya, how did it turn into him having to solve the problem!

Orochimaru suddenly smiled and provocatively said, "You can't handle Jiraiya and that youngster Akihara Kagura, can you?"

"..."

Everyone else remained silent.

In fact, everyone present had ties with Akihara Kagura to varying extents and different levels of understanding of his identity.

Orochimaru...

Clearly was the one who understood the least.

Pain really didn't know how to start explaining. Should he say that we can't handle that youngster, suggesting you to act as bait? The whole purpose was to ensure that youngster could be supported in the future to become Hokage?

"Forget it."

Pain eventually shook his head, solemnly instructing: "Some things, even if explained to you, you'll never understand. Just follow the orders obediently."

"I'll make an exception to allow you to act independently of Akatsuki's name temporarily. Once you've taken care of Jiraiya, you can then resume wearing Akatsuki's title. You can keep your ring and even stay in contact with me to report the progress of your mission."

"..."

Orochimaru's gaze grew cold.

Were these words someone could say? To let a member of the organization work without giving a title, perhaps even stopping the allocation of future research funds, and still remembering to report the mission progress to him!

Such an organization, such a leader...

Why hasn't it collapsed yet?

10