13: Selina (Side Story 4)
7.2k 23 171
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I've got a ton of homework to do, so that's why this little side story came a little late. I hope you enjoy.

 

I hear humming coming from the front of the manor.

I'm happy.

The humming means my great grandfather has come home.

He always likes to hum, and he does it whenever he wants.

Sometimes he's even done it during important meetings in the sect.

To be more specific, my Great grandfather is the retired Grand Elder of our sect, while my Grandfather is the current one. So he's allowed to do that.

My father is the current Sect Leader, and I'm his daughter.

My father got me when he was 70, and my great grandfather is probably around 250 years old.

You probably think that getting a child at 70 is too old, but it really isn't. Some have gotten their first child at the age of 100 or 120.

Our sect, The Immortal Sect, is currently the largest sect existing, and that is due to my great grandfather, as he was the one that comprehended the most of the Tablet of Immortality, back when we first opened our eyes in this place.

I've heard hundreds of stories about my great grandfather and his strength and viciousness...but to me, he's the caring old man a grandfather should be.

I'm having a hard time believing he was vicious, especially with his looks as an old harmless man, but even then all the stories can't be lying right?

 

Either way, him returning means celebration.

The last time he came back was already 5 years ago.

Oh, time does fly by.

 

「Great grandpa!」

 

I happily shout while I run out of the front gate of the manor.

As soon as I open the door, I spot an old man sitting on the stairs leading towards the gate, humming.

I run over and hug him from behind.

 

「You're still as energetic as when you were 5 Selina, haha.」

 

He smiles happily as he embraces me and hugs me.

 

「Do you remember what I told you back then?」

「Yes I do! You told me to ask you one question, but only when you came back.」

 

First of all, my great-grandpa is the wisest and strongest among all the cultivators.

He was the first to decipher a portion of the Tablet of Immortality, allowing him to rapidly grow in influence and strength.

Second, most of the people living in this manor, don't have the answers to the one question I'd like answered.

I've already tried several times asking both my father and grandfather, but they both tell me to wait for great-grandpa.

 

「Well, I'll let you ask me now then.」

「Who is that woman facing us with her back on the monument you built? Is it your old wife?」

 

I point towards a jade monument sitting amongst bamboo in the yard.

I've always wondered who it was, and since I've never seen great-grandma, I've been guessing it's her.

 

「Are you sure you want to use your question on this? I mean, I could answer a question regarding your cultivation instead.」

「No, I want to know who she is.」

「Oh...well. The younger generation probably hasn't heard of her. But amongst the older generation, there's a lot of rumours about her. She's one big mystery, that none of use old ones has been able to explain. Some believe she's a true immortal, while others believe her to be some sort of omnipotent God. Of course, neither of these two rumours are true...」

「If none of them are true, then what is she?」

「Hehe, let's not meddle in affairs we're not supposed to stick our nose in.」

 

He gently pats my head and walks inside to greet the rest of the family.

You should know, great-grandpa, you should never give an answer like that especially to a child like me.

This will just pique my interest in that woman even more.

Not a true immortal, not a god. Then what is she? Something even above that?

 

Announcement
I'll probably only be able to publish 1 chapter after this, due to homework. I apologize. See ya.
171