22: Making The Trials
3.6k 19 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

I'm not dead, and this story is not dropped. I've just been going through some things IRL, and I'm sorry that it's affected the update rate of my novel so much since I enjoy making it. I know, every author says this, but now that things have settled down, I'll try to write at least a chapter a week, and if not, well, call me a liar.

Also, please do remind me if I go against some of the rules I've made, or if I forget something...since it's been some time since I last wrote something. I'm gonna start proofreading a lot more thoroughly from now on as well, and if I have time, I'll probably also try and proofread already published chapters, though I can't promise anything.

 

Alright! I've given the last finishing touches to the LoK's infrastructure and furniture.

So, now it's onto creating the artifacts housing the trials.

Can't have the trials without them now can we?

That would be quite humorous.

Or, at least I think so...but maybe not...since no one would be able to enter them anyway...and that wouldn't really help entertain me...

Well, it would probably still be possible to enter them, but that's beside the point...which I'm not entirely sure what is...

 

Anyway, the LoK's trial ground is meant to be a chance to obtain knowledge through hard work!

And since it's like that, it should be available to every inhabitant of the universe...so I gotta create a heck ton of Trial Artifacts.

But, it won't be too hard either, which is always nice.

And some of you may say; "But Autumn, there's only 4 galaxies?" And to that, I answer; "You're wrong." (A/N: I know you won't do that...but, I still put this here.)

There are many more galaxies but they're not inhabited yet.

At least not with intelligent lifeforms or plantlife.

But, I could be wrong, since something unexpected can happen at all times.

 

Anyway, let's get started.

But first, let's get out of the LoK.

I'd rather not create the Trial Artifacts while inside the library, although it is large enough to accommodate them.

It would be rather bothersome...I think.

I snap my fingers and a rift in space appears, teleporting me outside and away from the library.

 

「Use Major Skill: Creation, to create Trial Artifacts according to my imagination and needs.」

 

As always when creating stuff, it comes into existence out of nothing.

Billions upon billions, of Trial Artifacts, appeared neatly lined up in front of me.

Huh...I hadn't thought there'd be that many galaxies already, though I can't say I'm surprised either, as the universe (my body) keeps on expanding.

 

Looking upon the one closest to me, I can only say...it's awesome.

It gives off this extremely ancient feeling while exuding an aura of knowledge.

Besides that...it's just a round circle of what seems to be giant sandstone bricks, decorated with some plant life.

Of course, it's size is a different matter.

It's absolutely huge.

It could probably match the size of Earth's moon...though that isn't large compared to the scale of the universe or the LoK for the matter.

But standing in front of it is really something else.

However, they don't work as of now, and that's obviously because I haven't created their "code," yet.

And by "code," I mean the trials, their rules, their objectives, etc...I know, I'm trying to sound like I know what I'm doing.

Trust me, I don't.

 

Now, since the trials will have to be personalized, it would've been a pain in the a**, to "code," it, but I'm damn thankful for having the skillset I have.

It would've been an absolute nightmare without it.

So, there's only one thing to do, and that is to pray to the Old Universe, and thank them/him/her/??? for giving me this opportunity, and for helping me along the way!

 

「Use Major Skill: Creation, to create the trials according to the contenders' personality, weaknesses, fears...and desires. 」

 

Do you see what I did there?

Do you?

An extra reward if you manage to clear the trial you've received!

You'll (most likely or unlikely) be able to overcome your fear and strengthen your weaknesses.

Of course, if you don't manage to clear the trial you've been presented with, then...I'd say you've got a bad day and even worse luck *cough* skills *cough* and it's gameover...for good.

Besides that, resisting your desires can also help strengthen your mind and your resolve.

However, if you were to get a trial based entirely on your desires it would be a different punishment compared to, let's say, a trial based on your fears or weaknesses, which is a game over.

It wouldn't be game over, but rather it would become your worst nightmare, in which you'll be trapped for eternity.

I can't exactly give an example of a trial and punishment designed on someone's desires, so you and I will have to wait in suspense.

It's kind of thrilling... ;)

Alright, besides that, the "objective," the individual will have to achieve and bring back, will also depend on the 4 above-mentioned words I used to create the trials' code.

 

Now, perhaps I should explain the rules I had in mind when creating the trials' "code."

There are not many rules though, so it won't even fill that much in this chapter.

Rule 1: There are no rules. Do whatever the f*** you want, as long as you complete the trial in the way it was made to be cleared, which is completing the objective and coming out alive.

And, that's pretty much the only rule there is.

How you understand it, is up to the individual.

 

Now it's just sending them out to their respective galaxies!

 

Alright, so I'm back, I hope. There's really not much I can say, so I'll just keep it short. I hope you guys aren't too mad at the 3 months or so I haven't published. As I said, I had some things I had to get done IRL.

To lift up the mood a little, I'll leave this chapter off with a Chapter-ly Joke:

Boy: I found a fake 10-dollar bill.

Girl: How did you know it was fake?

Boy: There were 2 zero's instead of 1, so I took my lighter and burned it.

Also, I made a Discord server, since it'll help me interact with you guys. Whenever there's a poll, it'll probably be on there from now on, as well, however, I'm not entirely sure. ---> https://discord.gg/z7bwmKB

Besides that, I'll also drop off a picture in the discord in #chapter-pictures, depicting a somewhat look-a-like portal to what I had in mind with the Trial Artifact.

91