Chapter 2: Abilities
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Neighbourhood

  After receiving back pats from the team and the promise to stay at home until he can fully converge his abilities they left him alone with Aster who although looked calm on the surface was actually excited.

Research from Valencia family, the ruling family in Glory shelter already shows that all humans have a hundred percent chance of awakening but subsequent ranks might become difficult.

Lucian at 16 years old is already at the best age of awakening, the difficulty of finding purple soul stones made Aster delay him as much as possible until she was sure of the chance of success.

Lucian stands in front of the mirror looking at his reflection, chocolate shaded skin, black hair, golden eyes due to the awakening, tall, possessing a lean body with outlined muscles.

“Converge the symbols in your sea of consciousness into a small area and try to maintain it, you will be able to know more about how to use your abilities that way… Aster informs her brother.

Lucian waves his hand at his sister indicating he understood before walking to his bedroom that had a small desk, he opens his drawer and picks up a coin. Every signs indicating his recent advancement instantly disappeared.

Star Coin

Gotten from a rank 9 monster ant that must have fused with a special talent skill that targeted the sea of consciousness.

If used by a rank 9, it compresses the sea of consciousness forming a seal making it difficult for the individual to effectively use their abilities. Keeping it on for too long will pressure the sea of consciousness making it easier to break down which might turn the individual into a monster.

The coin was given to him by his language teacher who told him to exploit the negative effect of the coin when he advances.

  ***

  Lucian jumps out of the window and and rushed to his friend George home, Aster watched him shaking her head at his impatience. Lucian running speed was extremely fast making the entire street deduce that he had awakened. He runs into George’s home not surprised seeing Reina his childhood sweetheart there waiting for him, she is the leader of the trio and George twin sister.

“Congratulations… the three shouted at the same time since they knew they were going to awaken together, a heavy feeling can be felt around George which means he awakened the planet path while a icy feeling could be felt on Reina showing she awakened the moon path, both could already tell his path due to his golden eyes.

“I am going to join the city guards corps so I can get training resources faster… George said with a look of anticipation, Reina looks at him with disdain… “coward, I will apply to join the tyrant team so I can go to a dungeon… she clenched her fist as she said this.

Lucian who did not put the warning of his sister to heart said with a look of anticipation “I am already a member of tyrant team, I just need to converge my abilities before I start training with Aaron… we should teach the other gangs lessons before we leave for training.”

Reina immediately knocks his head to stop is impulsive thought.. “we must understand our abilities better so that we can cooperate better in a group fight”. Lower glory district have mostly parents who are usually busy, giving the young adults and children opportunities to form cliques among themselves fighting for different resource points like longer time in the training ground in the district, opportunity to listen or watch teachers teaching children from the elite families.

Lucian take’s off the coin and he began to feel the feedback from his spirit body… “I can release fireballs anywhere within ten metres around me, I can move at high speeds within a short period, I can also condense a sun spear that can also explode on contact, I can also induce burning on contact, I also have night vision, I can temporarily transform into a fireball which can induce blindness and also remove negative statuses.”

George and Reina lit up when he finished describing his current abilities, George immediately started talking about his… I can command elements around me like small tornadoes, ice and fire, condense earth spikes, wind blades and I can temporarily increase my defense to a high level. I can cause the ground to shake intensely for a few seconds making others think they have experienced an earthquake. Reina smiled with a look that said ‘you can’t compare to me at all,' I can condense moon energy within my eyes which will prevent the target from being able to use their abilities effectively, I can also release winds that can neutralise other abilities thrown at me, I can take beasts and share vision with them but only limited to ordinary beasts and not more than two, I can also induce sleep.

....

   Xander opened the door to the group vault while silently taking in everything around, after five minutes of checking to be sure nothing is missing, he closes the door and returns to the conference room where Aster and the lady with stars in her eyes called Leylah is seated waiting for him to begin the meeting… “have you found out anything?” he asked Leylah who nods at his question, Aster impatiently said “I need to know the coordinates to be sure of an escape route when the time is right and if there is a need for it.

Leylah simply smiles before saying “I think there will be another awakening tome in that forest so we need to plan for both the new comers training and also everything needed for the journey because we can’tbring them along .”

Xander nods thoughtfully at her words, Aster who did not have any objections also nodded.

1