Chapter 5: Multiple Battles
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: Multiple Battles

 The judge dropped the raised flag signifying the start of the battle.

 Reina and Luke immediately condensed ice around them, creating a temporary defence. Some of the scouts immediately nodded their heads, “stabilising the field is the best to do, once an advantage is gotten in this match it will be difficult to comeback due to the caliber of warriors they were facing.”

 George immediately jumped at Belmar the star warrior and leader of the team, his hand and eyes showing the intent to immediately follow the warrior if he blinked away… Reina released intense winds that separated everyone on the field for a brief period but before Luke could counter the wind, flames swept everywhere making him have the feeling of being in a volcano.

Of course, he had never been in one to understand the feeling. He immediately released ice and cold winds that neutralised the flames for a few seconds… these precious few seconds gave Lucian the opportunity to cause a lot of damage in the field.

Lucian had the ability to divide his mind in two, which had the effect of being able to concentrate on two things at the same time.

 The effects became pronounced after he awaken… he immediately used the sun path high speed movement to escape the intense ice and wind while releasing fire ravens, sun ravens and fireballs to increase the intensity of the flames and prevent them from burning out.

Sun ravens were different from fire ravens, the former have piercing and purification effects which means defence is needed in order to prevent being wounded fatally while the latter have high explosive and burning force.

Reina immediately concentrated on keeping the planet warrior busy in a controlled manner, the moon warrior had a good intuition and could anticipate Lucian attacks but he felt miserable because Lucian was not only targeting him but also interfering with his teammates attacks… “it feels like we are fighting with six instead of three warriors.”

The attacks and pressure soon led them to the edge of the arena… the rest of the groups in the competitor stand immediately felt a chill because they realised they had no effective counter against these storm like attacks.

The flames in the arena became redder, looking more solid as they were drawn to George.

   He took a step forward and swept his hands in a forward motion, the terrifying flames around him transformed into three giant pythons with pointed horns. The pythons hit the three warriors at the edge of the stage sending them out.

Group 3 made the win look ordinary but the cheers from the crowd was resounding.

The other groups fought in different arenas leaving four groups in the competition…group 2 led by Adam were automatically drawn with group 3 led by Reina.

The competition was scheduled to start in an hour and the final the next day… apart from the title of being the strongest in the batch of newly awakened warriors in the district, the winning group will also receive a superior energy conversion art suitable to their awakened paths.

There has been several research in Dell’s plane on the reason for the energy conversion art but the general concession was that since the awakened paths got their abilities from the make up of the cosmos, it only made sense to advance through it.

...

  In a large stretch of desert filled with sandstorm of varying sizes, a giant dragon that looked quite similar to a magnified lizard with eyes bright like a sun looked deeply into the sandstorm as if trying to pierce through the desert with his gaze alone.

The markings, patterns and symbols on it’s body showing the level of a rank 3 in the sun path also indicated it was ready for combat at any given moment.

The eyes of the dragon looking very deep hesitated a moment before taking a step backward, sunlight dancing in his eyes, showing its readiness to fight.

Within its view, another dragon was in the sandstorm, staring at him with a warning gaze, if it was any other path at the same rank that saw this, they would have given up because it was not worth it. Not only because the other dragon was also a rank 3 in strength, but because abyssal dragon and it seems to be on a mission within this desert.

 The dragon clan on this plane will never allow their enemies to rest easy on their turf just because it was a rank 3 or that it hid itself within the desert. This abyssal dragon had been laying low for quite a while if not for his inability in controlling his instincts, causing it to degenerate and corrupt the desert leading to this heavy sandstorm.

The patterns on the sun dragon began to brighten like a rising sun, it took a step forward and a vortex of flames, with high temperature flares, fire ravens as large as story buildings were continuously released from this vortex.

The shadow of the abyssal dragon enlarged and covered it’s body becoming a whirlpool seemingly trying to devour the sun, the sun dragon immediately weaved pillars of light that covered the entire desert pulling both of them into the void.

The abyssal dragon degenerated the void, releasing waves of energy that seeked to destroy everything but the sun dragon released more flares leading to a chaotic wave of force in the void. Abyssal dragons were already mad, using the sun ability to turn thoughts chaotic will only make them follow their instincts making the battle more difficult.

The ravens and flares converged into a spear, the sun dragon returned to it dragon form, threw the spear at the abyssal dragon and jumped out of the void into the desert. Scales stained with blood and chaotic force fell into the desert but before it effects could be released, they were purified by the dragon.

A little bit of the force hit a dune, the abyssal dragon also came out of the void injured, their intuition made them look at the collapsed dune, they saw silver liquid trickling out of it, condensing into a small drop and vanishing into the void before they could even react.

The sun dragon was stunned because it could feel that the level of the the silver liquid was very high. The abyssal dragon immediately attempted to trace the silver liquid but behind it, the sun dragon enlarged, penetrating the void and turning the elements chaotic, it immediately pressed it’s hands and grabbed the abyssal dragon throwing it into the void and out of the plane.

The sun dragon flew into the distance, “I must report this as fast as possible, maybe father will heard of what that is, but I didn’t get a view of it or did that thing interfere with what I saw! The sun dragon wondered before intensifying it’s speed.

...

   Adam turned to his teammates as he led them into the arena, “we must stay united in the arena, make sure they do not pull us into fighting one on one.”

The judge dropped the raised flag signifying the start of the battle.

Battles between rank 9's were mostly centred around elements controlling and high physical attributes.

Lucian threw a fire spear at Helen, and while she dodged the attack, he closed the distance between himself and the moon warrior, before the latter could respond… no, he could no longer respond because his thoughts had become chaotic.

Helen wanted to help by throwing a spear, but Lucian materialised beside her and grabbed at her chest, she subconsciously stopped her attack while covering her chest but that window of time was enough for Lucian to knock her out of the stage.

Reina, Adam, and the spectators gritted their teeth at how shameless he was. The moon warrior blinded by fury did not realise Lucian was already prepared for him.

Explosive fireballs forced him to the end of the stage while trying in vain to defend against it, he could only look at Adam apologetically before being forced out of the stage.

Aster immediately used a veil to cover her face as she listened to the discussions around her, “shameless‼ she scolded her brother angrily in her mind.

The winner of the match was quickly decided and now the finals will be between group 3 and group 8 who also won their match.

Everyone dispersed to their homes for the next day. This competition was one of the occasions which usually had plenty of spectators among the districts because the elders always made time for this period.

 In the central district, a man with a deep gaze listened as his subordinate reported on the lower district competition. As he listened to the way Lucian fought, his expression became peculiar because he was part of the group who explored a ruin in a neighbouring plane.

 “You can leave.” Waving his surbodinate away.

Did that old teacher share the book with him? Or is he just talented at mischief.

They explored a ruin and obtained a book containing partial knowledge on mind splitting and thoughts division. According to the author the skill was unique but in the battle for the skill, it was split into multiple pieces.

The part of the skill that fell to him was recorded in the book, all the explorers involved each obtained a copy but none has been able to learn the skill.

The man thought with furrowed brows, “Lucian.”

0