Chapter 6: The First Sign
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: The First Sign

   Aster waited for her brother and his teammates at their home, while she wanted to celebrate with this shameless brother of hers, she couldn’t help but want to beat him up.

Lucian, Reina and George arrived at the house with the neighbours still celebrating with them. The aroma made them excited and expectant but Lucian knowing his sister immediately became guarded.

When his portion was given to him, he could not help but course at this petty sister of his. His plate was filled with breasts of different animals, Aster who was serving food said with an icy smile, “since you didn’t get a chance in the competition, I thought to feed you enough of it at home.”

Lucian glared at her before starting to eat his food, after all he was famished.

….

  In an island in Dell plane, mutated creatures walked around freely with some going near the raging tide of the sea and others lying around a canyon in the centre of the island.

Two humans flying through the sea arrived at an empty island, the shadows around them begam to expand, establishing a connection to an unknown place in the island. They suddenly vanished, seemingly devoured by the shadows.

The ability to manipulate shadows, form chains that are almost impossible to break free, and strike directly at the target ignoring defence were part of the abilities of rank 6 and rank 5 moon warriors and the effects become even better after fusing with mutated skills targeting this aspect.

This two humans already corrupted by the abyss while still being able to use their abilities, entered this island filled with extraordinary creatures. They walked to the canyon in the centre of the island, the creatures that were usually bloodthirsty did nothing to them as if they acknowledge them as one of them.

They walked down steep stairs in the canyon stopping after bright red light began to shine around them.

One of them said, “Lord Dell, the exploration of other planes will take a while due to shortage of manpower among the shelters. We will try to expedite it as soon as possible in order to help you awaken. Glory to the Lord of the plane.

After staying for a while and not receiving a response, they walked out of the canyon. On their way to the edge of the canyon, a mutated monster walked to them and dropped two glowing books and one painting. They immediately revealed excited expressions when they saw the books, “praise the Lord of the plane.” They shouted in unison.

On the front page of the glowing book, the words shadow clone was written.

Mutated skill: shadow clone

Effect: separate three clones that can exist independently from the main body.

The clones will be one level lower than the main body due to the high level mental strength needed, the levels of the clone become progressively lower than the other.

Mutated moon painting: moon world

Effect: using the energy of the moon to recover split mental and spirit body.

The user is required to concentrate fully when using the painting.

  “I will send the painting to you after I am done.” One of them said before vanishing.

  The sun dragon Kumar flew over a human city at a slow speed, this city was a rank 1 sun warrior domain do he had to respect the rules he set.

After all Kumar’s father was only a rank 2. The dragon clan could be arrogant because they had multiple rank 1 in the plane but Kumar knew no rank 1 was easy to beat. So he had to be prudent and behave himself.

After all, the powerful must be respected.

After several more hours of flying, showing the large size of this plane, he arrived at a mountain range filled with blazing flames.

Father! Father‼ his shouted, “I have got news.”

Rank 2 is a qualitative change in the path to origin. A size of a dragon of this rank would be so huge and their presence alone will bend part of the rules to their nature.

But Kumar’s father contained himself within a mountain, around him, pillars of fire, lightning and burning meteors filled the void in the mountain he occupied.

“ What is it?” he asked his son who seemed to have important news.

Kumar replied, “I fought an abyssal dragon today. I saw something that looked like a light ball flying into the void.”

The older dragon was first alarmed when he heard his son say he fought an abyssal dragon but he became calm seconds later, “since he is here, it means he is safe. But what is the light ball he was talking about? He was quite puzzled because the desert Kumar was talking about was rarely visited by anyone.

“Father, Kumar continued speaking, the light ball can interfere with the subconscious, making one forget about it.

The older dragon immediately felt a chill in his spine, the dragon clan had three rank 1s’ in this plane alone and in a neighbouring plane was a rank 0 dragon who rarely left the plane due to issues he was not qualified to know despite being a rank 2.

“I will report to the sun dragon as soon as possible so stay here for now until we are sure there is no hidden dangers on your return.”

Yes father.”

….

Five humans walked through an empty street while avoiding going close to zombies that did not notice them, it would be interesting to note that they were all rank 5s’.

These rank that was the limit in Dell’s plane was carrying out a mission in this unknown place.

“How pitiful, their souls have been lost.” A member of the team said, not afraid of the zombies in the distance.

“It will be in your best interest to shut up and focus on getting to were we are supposed to be. Remember that we can’t be careless.

Tsk! You are too cautious which is not good for an exploration mission with such low difficulty.

Around this bickering team, bluish golden light continued to expannd. Ensuring the team was still alive despite the noise they were making.

Star path mutated skill: Concealment

  Normal star path warriors can conceal themselves, objects, even an entire plane but the energy consumption is immense and only high level star warrios can achieve this ability full effects.

 This mutated skill book effect is even more pronounced while reducing the energy consumption required to maintain it.

This skill was being maintained by the only female member of the team.

A man with a weathered face who had been quiet throughout the journey finally spoke, “ you know this zombies are equivalent to rank 5, if there is a mutated monster among them, then we can only wait for death.

On the back of this man who spoke, wings made of metals clung to his back looking poised to fly at anytime.

Planet path mutated skill: metal spirit wings

This skill had the effect of flying into the void while providing a level of protection, darts that looked ominous were attached to the wings giving on the feeling that they would die from just a grazing from it.

   Tsk! Gunvor, we fused with all kinds of escape skills for this moment why should we be afraid of a few mindless monsters. The eyes of this warrior were filled with shadows and around him, shadows formed whirlpool trying to pull everything inside tthem.

Gunvor remained quiet while looking around vigilantly.

This man was confident because he had a skill that made him confident in escaping.

Moon path mutated skill: shadow tunnel

Ability to create tunnels through the shadows that have a concealment effect. The tunnel can be used to go anywhere within a particular range as long as your destination is not tampered with.

This tunnel can also be used to trap monsters which can be used to replace the user later.

A member of this exploration team nodded because he too was confident in the strength of his skill.

Star path mutated skill: lucky star

The user of this skill can transfer damage received to monsters around them, they can also escape danger through their extreme intuition.

They can also buff themselves with luck by aligning themselves with the stars, having their wish granted by using their accumulated energy as payment.

Attacks that normally will hit including guaranteed critical hit will miss when this skill is in effect. While the user attack even with almost none existent possibility of hitting will hit when this skill is in effect.

The last member of the team who was not only a rank 5 sun path warrior, he also wielded a rank 4 weapon.

Spirit Sun Sword: those on the sun path who wield this sword will experience an all-round improvement in their abilities but will become arrogant as a result.

Rank 4 is a major threshold in the path of origin. According to ancients texts, the world had multiple planets, sun, stars and moon but an unknown disaster led to the fall of the sun.

Rank 4 to rank 0 are closer to the origin of the cosmos, and within this ranks, there is a corresponding change in the awakened nature.

This sun warrior also wielded a mutated skill…

Sun path mutated skill: Three legged golden crow

This skill had the effect of extreme speed, flaming jump, flame controlling and sun transformation which has an extremely strong purifying power.

This skill also has the effect of removing negative statuses like being controlled, pulled into a dream, diseases and abyssal powers.

After several hours of walking and making fun amongst themselves, they finally arrived at a dilapidated building. This building weathered by time was teeming with zombies who immediately turned towards the intruders.

This was the first sign.

0