Chapter 01
3.4k 15 143
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xu Yue’s day began with a jolt. A textbook whizzed through the air, narrowly missing her head. She dodged with a gasp, adrenaline surging as the book slammed against a nearby locker. The crash echoed down the crowded hallway of Qingfeng High.

 

Straightening up, Xu Yue locked eyes with Li Miao, her perennial tormentor. A smug, provocative smirk played on Li Miao’s lips, leaving no doubt about the culprit. Even now, a flicker of reluctant admiration sparked in Xu Yue. Li Miao’s textbook strike was perfect. This heiress of the Li Group didn’t merely command attention – she embodied it. Her sharp beauty eclipsed her wealth and status, intimidating yet utterly out of reach.

 

Li Miao seized the moment, feigning concern. “Oh dear, Xu Yue, you really should watch where you’re going. We wouldn’t want you to get hurt by flying objects, now would we?” 

 

Her voice dripped with fake sympathy, carrying across the hall and turning Xu Yue’s scare into a public spectacle.

 

Li Miao’s followers erupted in laughter, spurred on by their leader’s performance. Their giggles bounced off the walls, adding to Xu Yue’s humiliation. As the laughter faded, Li Miao’s eyes fixed on Xu Yue, burning coldly. 

 

The crowd sensed the change. Whispers hushed, footsteps stilled. Li Miao moved then, her steps purposeful, slicing through the onlookers. Gone was the playful grandstanding; this was close and targeted, and the shift felt uncomfortably intimate.

 

“Xu Yue, I didn’t expect the displeasure of your company so early in the day. I had hoped to enjoy my morning at least before your presence soured it,” Li Miao drawled, her voice dripping with disdain.

 

Yet, amidst the storm of ridicule, Xu Yue found a semblance of calm. Drawing a deep, steadying breath, she mustered the shards of her composure, piecing them together with practiced ease. When she lifted her gaze to meet Li Miao’s, her lips curved into a smile, sweet and serene, a stark contrast to the turmoil around her.

 

“Li Miao, encountering you is indeed a blessing this early in the morning.” 

 

Xu Yue replied, a subtle bite of sarcasm hidden within her sweet tone. Her smile remained unfaltering, a mask of pleasant composure that concealed the sharpness of her true feelings. “I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as this moment.”

 

A hush fell over the hallway, tension crackling in the sudden silence. Students traded stealthy glances – some smirked at Xu Yue’s defiance, others looked away, uneasy with the scene unfolding. Li Miao’s followers hesitated, their loyalty a leash as much as a shield.

 

In that brief pause, Xu Yue allowed herself a flicker of internal victory, however fleeting. Her veiled barb might have flown over Li Miao’s head, but the satisfaction was no less sweet.

 

Li Miao, with a scornful sigh, turned away. A grand exit befitting someone of her standing. But before a teacher could intervene in the situation, disaster struck. Li Miao’s heel landed squarely on a stray banana peel, the forgotten remnant of someone’s breakfast.

 

Time seemed to warp. Li Miao’s body executed an almost comical flip in a blur of motion, a whirlwind of limbs defying her usual poise. As if pausing to admire its handiwork, the banana peel spun lazily in the air. The sudden spectacle was shocking and absurd. The hallway hung suspended for a heartbeat, every eye transfixed on Li Miao’s motionless figure, disbelief etched on their faces. Then, chaos exploded.

 

Li Miao’s companions, jarred from their shock, rushed forward, their voices a panicked chorus. The once quiet hallway transformed into a flurry of movement. Students darted in all directions – some scrambling to help Li Miao, others desperate to escape the pandemonium.

 

Xu Yue remained rooted to the spot, a mix of concern and disbelief washing over her. What in the world just happened? The words echoed in her mind, struggling to make sense of the bizarre chain of events that led to Li Miao’s dramatic fall.

 

As Li Miao was ushered away by her entourage, Xu Yue’s gaze lingered on her retreating figure.

 

143