‘The Gamer.’
1k 21 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 2. 

The young teen with black hair continued to stare at me until he released a sigh of relief causing me to relax but ready just in case.

He slowly walks closer to me warily and as he gets nearer I can see how out of breath he is and the beads of sweat dripping from his forehead.

‘Running from something?’ I was about to speak until he said “여보세요?” he speaks in a foreign language I don’t understand.

 ‘What the fuck?’ Is that Korean? Tilting my head sideways I try to express my misunderstanding and then I wave hello since I don’t think he would understand me. He in return gives me back an awkward wave back and I was preparing to speak the bushes rustled even more violently than before causing me and the unknown teen to look back. 

Activating my scan ability once again the ray of light flashes highlighting a pack of raptors at least 15 meters away from us coming to our direction as they peek their heads looking at us before dashing towards us.

Suddenly grabbing the teen’s hand alerting him as he snaps his head towards me and we both start running, as we swiftly move through the forest I look behind me to see the other guy start falling behind, and I forgot that I’m not human and he is.. I assume, with the raptors only a few feet behind him as he gets more and more tired from the fatigue I rush towards him surprising him and then carry him on my back.

As I was lifting him one of the raptors in the lead lunge themselves at me and my scan ability highlighted all its weak points and the trajectory it’s possible future movement. Which allows me to prepare for a counter-attack.

Processing faster then I normally do it’s almost as if time slowed, I could see as the raptor opened its jaws ready to sink its razor-like teeth into the back of the random teen. Recalling one of those martial art's move's I saw on TV once I automatically start to replicate that action and with my new body It would be easy to do so with 100% perfect accuracy.

As I lift the boy onto my back I lift my left leg as I lean my body slightly forwards my left leg sweeps under my body causing me to perform a backward kick that hit the raptor square in its body causing it to fall into the pack making them all fall over Seeing that they've fallen I continue running without looking back. Avoiding any obstacles that come across my path. Looking back I see that the pack is nowhere near us but just to make sure I activate scan pushing it to the max distance I can which is about a 50 meters or the size of an Olympic swimming pool.

And since they didn't show up it's safe to assume they've given up. Phew, that was mentally exhausting. I could've died two days in! No thank's to this unathletic stranger. 

'What's with this guy anyway?' staring at him as he just looks at nothing, his hands seem to be touching some sorts of a menu. Is he... 'The Gamer?'

//Perspective Change//

 

[ Emergency Mission Completed! ]

[ +5 to all stats ]

 

The holographic menu alerted me. Glancing at the little boy with dreads covering his stoic face as he looks behind almost like he’s scanning something I glance back at the system menu mentally commanding ‘Status.’

 

[ Name: Min-jun] [ Title: The Gamer] 

[ Level: 1] [ EXP: 0/150 ]

[ HP: 150/150 ] [ MP: 20/20 ] [ SP: 55/55

[ STR: 10 ] [ VIT: 15 ] [ AGI: 15] [ INT: 20] [ WIS: 8 ] 

Now that I think about it. I do feel a little bit smarter, faster and stronger. It’s an exhilarating feeling, is this what Jihan felt every time he got stronger? Is this feeling what powered his desire to get stronger? I can't think about it now though. Glancing over at the little boy who saved me earlier I notice he seems to be staring at me. I can't help but wonder, were cavemen always this OP? He outran a pack of raptors and also back kicked one in the face earlier too.

Maybe it's because we're in a different world? Ah yes, The DC Universe. Full of loonies and mentally ill villains. A very great world to be stuck in haha! As I was starting to internally panic Gamer's Mind did it's trick and calmed me down. Okay. Caveboy, now. Looking down at him in the eye I start speaking "Ah, hello... Do you understand me?" to which in reply he tilts his head. 

His eyes seem to shine a red tint before he slowly opens his mouth, coming out instead of the grunts I was expect were a series of distorted beeps and a young voice cycling through the Korean alphabet. It's almost like he's starting a sci-fi translator of some sort.

And then the young boy speaks in Korean which honestly freaks me out. "H-Hello? Am I speaking clearly?" he says in bewilderment to his voice. He smiles lightly and then with more confidence than before he says to me, "I wasn't expecting to meet you this early, 'The Gamer~." He says with a wild grin. 

And for no reason, a sense of dread overwhelms me, two minutes ago the air didn't feel as heavy as it did? 'What's going on?', and then it finally registers. 'How would he know that? Unless he's just like me....'

"Y-You're a reincarnated person as well?" It's the only explainable answer, right? 

"Yup!" the little boy says happily standing on his tippy toes twirling around as he looks at the sky. 'How can he be so calm in this situation? We were isekai'd into the prehistoric era of the DC Universe!?'. When you have things like The Spectre and Darkseid freely walking around it's hard NOT to panic! And it doesn't seem like he's going to answer any of my questions either as he's just staring into the sky.

//Perspective Change//

Heh, this kid reminds me of my older brother... 'I wonder... How are they doing? Without me?' soon memories begin to flash between my eyes of my family. The joy and happiness I've felt together with them is a feeling I yearn for now that I'm trapped in this... dark, lonely, world. It hurt's a little knowing I can never see them again. But at least I have these memories I can cherish and remember for eternity. Never forgetting their faces or the feelings the gave me. Now I can remember them for eternity. 

I guess they'll be fine without me, after all, they were right there beside me when it happened. I just need to survive, no, thrive! I need to thrive, it's what they would've wanted me to do right? Live a fulfilling life? As what though? A hero? A villain? Or just hide for the rest of eternity in an underground paradise vault? But I'm getting off-topic. Glancing at Min-jun or 'The Gamer', I start to think about the potential 'The Gamer' system has. If used effectively it could give me a highly effective way to train my powers and gain my strength while also having the possibility to boost my 'Self Evolution' function. And the slight pulse of feedback I get whenever I assume Min-jun uses his Gamer menu I'm assuming that it's directly connected to my powers of Technology Manipulation correct?

Theoretically speaking I can control it, but that's in theory. I'll need to gain direct access to it and Min-jun. But what's the best way to get him on my side? From what I can already tell is that he's pretty immature and probably wouldn't last another day in here, also adding to the face he seems to like 'The Gamer' webtoon a lot. So I'll use that to my advantage.

Looking at the teen straight in the eyes I ask him. "Your name's Min-jun right? Listen carefully. We are stuck here got that? So the only thing we can do is survive and get stronger. And listen up, as long as you're with me we can survive here right? There are at least 6 other people who could probably crush you if you're alone, let alone the animals. It doesn't seem you can even hunt. If you team up with me you can become just like Han Jihan." Taking in a deep breath I let out my last words. "So what do you say, Min-jun?"

 

Sorry guys, this chapter took a while to come out I've been really busy! After this chapter, I'm bumping up the words per chapter from 1k-1.5k to at least 3k-5k so I can Improve. And I'll try releasing more chapters every day. By the way... Don't forget to join my discord!

26