ch.4(Fear of isolation)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Terran POV]

 

I walked on a dirt path that I found a while back not knowing where I was going wondering if I would be able to interact with others after so long if I would be dismissed as an eccentric traveller or would I be shunned given that I did not know their language.

I would have to relearn many things but I might not even be given a chance if they have some magical method of identification whether I get to live again or if I get to suffer before death depends on the kind of world this and how advanced it is.

 I should change to an all-leather look before I get close to anywhere if metalworking is rare.

‘No the arrow that elf shot at me had a metal tip’

I fished out said piece of metal out of a pouch made of fur that I made while traveling looking at its engraving and moving a finger across the edge that felt sharper than it had any right to be.

‘I wonder if there are immortal beings in this world’

Witnessing these fantastical things had a way of messing with me I remember walking among them and thinking them weak but worthy of respect, never had I felt much threat other than perhaps the first few years of my life before I ended up killing most that knew of me and destroying any evidence to my existence the others either chose to live in ignorance or went mad.

 

Now I get to be the weak one with so much of my body in such pain I can’t maintain senses much better than a human or else pain begins to overwhelm me, I can’t even understand why I am feeling such pain trying to change my pain receptors didn’t work at all, changing blood helped but anything more appears to be beyond me. I can also tell that my strength is also weakening even if slowly thankfully dexterity is fine and the less I think about the mind the better cause there isn’t anything I can do about it.

‘I wonder if I will be shunned for being unable to use magic’

This is something I have tried to use, to will it, to sense it, to feel it, to do anything at all with it but all I have felt is my body breaking down and the pain.

*sigh*

‘What do I even do to fit in, I know it will either be incredibly easy or hard but with how the elves reacted it seems unlikely that I would be welcome anywhere’

 

[??? POV]

 

I was walking the path I always had when I sensed it, a massive storm of mana that even I could sense clear as day slowly making its way toward me. I froze at first then in the distance I saw a silhouette of a man wearing armor carrying a spear on his shoulder around which the storm centered as he walked I felt as if death itself was closing in on me so I screamed within my mind for my body to move, to run then I felt his gaze on me and I felt as if my heart had stopped before the basket I was carrying dropped along with all the herbs I had gathered but I didn’t care I could move again so I ran away as fast as I could and hoped that it would not follow me that it wouldn’t kill me so I prayed to all who cared to listen to save me yet when I turned to look back I felt as if he was still walking but the distance between us had not grown I couldn’t scream so I ran.

Past the meadow that was close to home, my feet slipped and my dress tore so hurriedly got up and looked back he was the same distance away but I still got up even if I could not see well with the tears blurring my sight because I couldn’t leave my siblings they need me so I ran while crying, praying and hoping that someone would come to save me until my body gave up and I fell again unto the meadow and cried as I heard his steps and apologized to my siblings because I would not make it back looking back I saw the mana revolving around him which I felt was so thick that I felt that I could see it. I looked at him properly for the first time he was covered in leather armor and his head was hidden by a hood and mask of wood but his eyes were hidden yet I could feel his gaze on me then I passed out.

 

[Terran POV]

 

‘Am I that scary, can she see something I can’t, or is mana acting in a way around me that is similar to some kind of known threat? What do I even do with you.’

 

I looked at her and thought she looked human which filled my heart with melancholy and wondered what I should even do now I could follow her home but then what? I may be strong but I might even be killed by something mundane. I sat close to her putting the basket that she dropped next to her and once again wondered what I should do unless I find a friendly local who is willing to help me or even have the means to help me I will remain like this.

‘I don’t want to be alone again’*sigh*

What to do, maybe I should try and become a folklore by helping someone and then leaving without a word then perhaps someone would be at least be willing to help it might take some time but unless I am lucky I can’t think of anything else that can change my situation, I have to work on learning the languages used here as well.

No one came while I sat next to the girl so I began to hum to myself to keep myself busy and began to do simple maths in my head to see how far my skills had fallen and it became another thing to add to the list of things to do and keep my thoughts occupied.

As the sun began to set I gathered wood to make a fire close to her thankfully it was rather easy to do and I began to cook a simple meal using the things I had on hand and thought perhaps food could become a good way to break the tension between different groups of people so that is what I will use even if I can’t understand their words if my last days can be of mingling between a new people I would be happy.

0