ch.5(embarrassment and moving forward)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[??? POV]

 

I awoke covered in a blanket confused and afraid so I pretended to sleep while trying to listen around me I could hear the crackle of fire but nothing else so slowly opening my eyes I looked around and then felt the pressure of mana moving around me again causing me to stiffen as I looked at the monster that grandpa told stories and warned us about things that looked like men but gave up everything for power they would bring destruction in their wake until either someone killed them or they killed themselves, would my home also be destroyed?

‘Please even if I have to die save my family’

I prayed once more yet as I saw it unmoving save for eating an apple I felt a wave of confusion wash over me when he kept eating and gestured to a few cut pieces of different fruits on top of a piece of bark looking back and forth between the two I felt somewhat stupid yet I did not know if such a monster retained their mind so I slowly got up and sat opposite to him with the bark plate in hand and ate as he ate.

‘Do I say something?’

“Why did you spare me?”

‘Stupid stupid can’t you think of anything else’

I saw him get up then pick up a stick and draw on the ground then gesture towards it as I stared hard at him feeling my understanding of the world was being attacked walked up from behind and looked at what he had drawn it was a silhouette of two people with different types of shapes and lines in a bubble from there mouths.

“It's a pretty drawing”

‘Damn it can’t you not be stupid’

He facepalmed and I felt as if he was looking at me the same way gramps looks at me when I do something stupid looking back at the drawing and then at him, I felt embarrassment fill me as I remembered that not everyone speaks common so the different things must be different tounges.

‘Ugh don’t look at me’

I hid my face with my hands as he kept staring at me then turned and sat next to the fire and began to eat again ignoring my existence while I felt like burying myself in the ground. Once I had some measure of composure to sit back down and ate the rest of the meal given to me I didn’t know what to feel anymore because I couldn’t think of any reason for him to be nice to me if he couldn’t even understand me.

‘Wait can they….'

Turning towards him I coved myself up and looked towards him then immediately felt as if he was looking at me with disdain despite his mask and hood.

‘AAHHHHHHH’

Covering my face again I screamed in my mind and once again felt like I should just bury myself in the ground. I just stayed like that for a while and then felt a tump on the ground, he had gotten his spear and was pointing to my basket which I hadn’t even noticed until now then tossed me a fur pouch and gestured to the blanket then turned around facing away from me so I took it as a way to run from my embarrassment and hid the blanket while screaming as silently I could in the makeshift pillow then looked to the stars than at him and my basket and hid and tried my best to go to sleep.

[Terran POV]

 

‘If it was daytime I could have just left.’

I just sat looking out into the darkness of the night holding the spear and tapping my arm in rhythm whose name I could no longer remember and thought back to the stories that I used to read and wondered how much of them could be real, if elves and magic exist then everything else might also exist dragons, phoenixes, fairies, demons, demi-humans, dwarfs, spirits, ghosts, dryads, mind flayers, immortals, monsters of all types both good and bad even at my peak standing next to them I would be nothing special given that I don’t have any mystic powers and just being in a world filled with it is slowly killing me.

*sigh*

‘To be shown a world such as this how can I accept my death so easily’

I clenched and unclenched my fist feeling somewhat frustrated I slowly breathed and let my emotions flow.

‘I will do what I can but without the help of others I don’t have enough time to figure things out.’

I never liked relying on others because good people were hard to find and I could never become friends because I didn’t know how to, I remember trying to make friends after I had become free but I could never have any friendships that lasted longer than 3 years and at some point I just stopped trying.

 ‘I had acquaintances that might be called friends but that always felt hollow to me.’

Looking back at the girl I could think of quite a few ways to make use of her but I didn’t want to live like that so I just hummed to myself for comfort and tried to think of things I would need to help others as well as myself, looking at the night sky the which was clear and beautiful I felt serene knowing how to move forward even if I had to rely on others again is infinitely better then I have had in a long long time, so I will move forward and hope that luck is on my side once more.

 

As night turned to day I put out the fire and looked at the girl and chose to leave without the blanket and fur pouch cause I did not feel like interacting with her again so walked away alongside the road rather than on it this time since I had decided it was better to keep some distance from civilization until I could at least learn the language.

0