ch.6(disappointment)
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[??? POV]

 

I got up early yet he was not there and I could not sense the storm either sitting up I wondered if I was going crazy yet the warmth of the blanket told me otherwise, I gathered all my things and wondered how would I even explain what had happened, my face felt hot when I remembered my actions but I had to hurry, they would be worried for me because I didn’t come back yesterday, after picking up all my things and what he left me all that was left was the fireplace that he built looking at it I wondered if we would ever meet again.

Shaking my head I went back while thinking of ways to tell this story in a way that wouldn’t make me die of embarrassment.

 

[Elwin POV]

 

‘When I asked for a druid I never thought an archdruid would arrive’

 

Using magic to make sure I was somewhat presentable, I requested the maids for one of the better tea leaves to be used and changed into my everyday robes changing its colour to green to make a better impression and added a few leaf-like decorations then left my lab and walked to the sitting area where she was seated holding a flower in her hand which she was cycling between blooming and wilting.

 

“A rather fascinating display lady?”

“Aria, pleasure to meet you archmage Elwin”

 

She placed the flower onto a vine that seamlessly took it and retreated to become a part of the clothes again, such effortless mastery is uncommon even among archdruids this appears to be a bigger deal than I first thought. Sitting opposite to her I asked

“I would assume that you are here to track the creature that Lord Jura discovered, yet I fail to see why a person of your caliber would come.”

 

Straightening her posture is adopted a serious look on her face.

“You would be correct as to why I came it is because of the nature of being that has made both the forests and nature spirits afraid such that they tried to reach us the moment it arrived on our world.”

Rubbing my magnificent beard my interest rose such that my magic began to react

“Hoo, how interesting if it is not of our world then many of my theories would be invalid and to make nature spirits afraid it would have to have some form of power over curse, disease, or death maybe even something we might not know.”

My eyes began to twinkle but I quickly suppressed myself because I always hated what I looked like when they did that.

“Archmage this is important this creature either needs to be killed or sealed.”

‘Ah, one of those and just when I had grown some measure of respect for her how disappointing.’

My face became devoid of emotion as I looked at her, yet she very much understood what this meant.

“Lady Aria remember that it is in the nature of life to change, grow and evolve.”

Left unsaid was that without it becomes stagnant, hollow and worthless. Her face became cold yet I could see that she was not repentant and blamed me.

‘How pathetic, can’t even see her own failings, I will have to send for a new druid myself.’

“I will not be going with you whose first instinct is to kill and seal when we know that the creature saved a child go back to the circle and better learn about change in nature.”

She stood up and pointed at me with a face filled with rage while I gestured to the maid who was coming in to leave.

“HOW DARE YOU!!”

‘How regrettable that someone like this was given such a position, I will have to talk with Mungus if this is how far they have fallen.’

 

I activated a shield to protect the room and the maid who was pale with fright and trying to run with the trolly with supper that might have to be reheated, while using simple kinetic spells to to contain the fallout of her trying to have plants from within her clothing attack me and while a panther spirit tried to flank.

‘Children with more talent than sense are the worst.’

Using frost I froze the vines and a simple spear of wind and metal mana to dispose of the panther using the opportunity provided by her dumbfounded expression I called forth enchanted bindings to restrain her and walked up to her sealed her powers and sent two birds one of mana and the other made of natural energy and sent them away in flashes of light.

“I will speak with whoever taught you and either you will be stripped of your title or will remain in the circle until you have learned some sense.”

Her mouth kept opening and closing, if I wasn’t pissed off it would have been an amusing sight so I sent her to a sealed room where she would remain until someone came to pick her up and turned to the maid that was staring wide-eyed at me.

“Be a dear and serve me supper I have a busy schedule ahead of me.”

Seeing her flustered was amusing given I had calmed myself so while humming I began to note all the things I would now have to do before leaving while feeling somewhat disappointed that I would have to wait more and the trail might grow cold unless Mungus himself comes then it would be a simple matter but I doubt that he will have time even if comes.

‘Jura will be mad too even if he understands.’

I ate and drank then returned to my lab to wrap things up for the day.

 

[elsewhere]

 

“Hmm”

Mungus turned to look at the bird sent by this old friend and which relayed what had happened and what it meant and felt tired and disappointed because of all he would have to do and the fact that he would have to leave the young world tree to the care if others again when it was meant to his responsibility.

*sigh*

“This is the third time this has happened, why can’t I have reliable followers”

Messaging his forehead he lamented that only he had to leave due to such issues while his peers haven’t had to do so even once.

“I really need to find a better way to maintain contact with them.”

‘I hope Elwin will help me find a way after I clear this mess up’

Calling all the nature spirits nearby I explained my leaving and notified my peers to keep an eye on the world tree and left while looking back while filled with disappointment in a flash of light.

0