A Surprise
43 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I quickly slid my foot back through the grass before stomping down, as I did so the earth jumped out as a large lump of dirt which I mock punched, dashing it across the hill. Instantly the warmth that had spread throughout my body left with the movement of the earth and I began to pant, breathless.

I sat down and began to slow my breaths trying to regain my breath, slowly achingly slow that warmth once again began to spread inside of me. My strength returned. I began a loop of using all my energy, meditating, using all my energy, meditating, etc. Until I heard a voice, "Hello?, Jakie, you here?" Amethyst shouted up the hill, I quickly responded "Over here, Amy." she immediately locked eyes on me and began running forwards.

*Wham*

She ran directly into me, knocking me to the floor. "You alright?" I ask. "Yeah" she responded, she didn't seem alright.

I doubted her response but if she didn't wish to tell me there was little I could do. We sat and talked, discussing our passions. I had always enjoyed music whereas she had an unique passion for food, while our pursuits weren't exactly aligned. It did give me an idea, I told her to come back tomorrow. I had a surprise for her.

After she left I walked down the hill before going to the shops and purchasing a couple ingredients. I noticed how this walk would have tired me out before but this new energy I had discovered seemed to be replenishing my stamina as I tired.  I returned to my Lighthouse and began to prepare for tomorrow.

Amethyst POV

It's been weird since Rose transformed? I still was unsure of the correct word, I missed her but i'm glad to have found a new friend. Jacob seemed strange but I'm used to strange people, they make the best of friends. Anyway he said something about a surprise today, I can't wait. Although I think Pearls curious about where I'm going all the time, Garnet doesn't seem to mind though, so it should be cool, she's pretty smart.

Anyway its almost time for me to go over, he said there would be food so I'm excited about that.

3RD Person

Amethyst made her way towards the lighthouse barely able to contain her excitement, then a giant hand burst from beneath the ground a monstrous beast appearing to made from various gemstones glimmering in the water it reaches out crushing the ground as it moves forth the monstrosity sends out a wave of psychic screams.

Jacob POV

I see the CLUSTER emerge from the crust of the earth, this isn't supposed to happen yet, right? What am I supposed to do? I've barely even trained my powers. Wait Amethyst, will she be okay? She was on her way up here, I quickly dash down the lighthouse stairs on my way to check on Amethyst. I see her and then a supernatural force collapses on my mind forcing me to my knees I see Amethyst suffering the same impact, I reach out to her and then I hear a pop, as she turns into a gemstone lying on the ground shining. I react instinctively forming a ball of earth to protect her securing her inside. 

I see the Cluster heading towards me? No, the Crystal Gems, of course. I move with an unnatural speed as the earth itself assists me on my path, I soon reach the home of the Crystal Gems, I find that they have all been poofed, How? The mental attack! Of course, but that was never a thing in the show, Oh God this isn't the show this is an Alternate Universe, one where the diamonds won using the cluster. What.. What should I do? I can't let them die.

I channel my powers once again to force the Cluster back into the ground. I barely move the ground a couple inches before I begin to tire, but I cannot stop. My life doesn't stop after this theirs will, I force myself to move it all, I feel myself losing something but if I stop. NO, I will not stop, I will not let this planet die. I scream in pain as I feel my life force ebbing away. I cannot think...

 

I wake my form weak and feeble, unable to move. I stare out at the ocean before me, I hear a voice but barely. Amethyst, she's safe. She walks towards me and her friends stand behind.

3RD Person

Amethyst reaches Jacob and she places her hand on him and he crumbles to dust, returning to the earth. Amethyst cries, she cannot stay strong, she has already lost another friend, something she vowed to never let happen again. At any cost.

Steven Universe World - Finished

1