Chapter 60
172 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Shock gauntlets or rather Dragon Claws as they had been modified and renamed by me, were currently glowing under the light of the enchantment circle as runes of various colours swirled around it.

As the Dragon Claws had not been ready when the sudden intrusion of the Thunder Wolf had happened, I had decided to finish them as soon as possible so that I could be ready in case any other emergency ever happened. 

Although I doubt that I would actually use them in case of an emergency. After all, I had made the Dragon Claws for those cases where the use of my tremendous powers could be dangerous. 

In order to make the Dragon Claws, I had made another trip to Kamar Taj the very next day to ask for the magically enhanced metals which I had planned to use in the modification of the framework of the gauntlets.

As I had just hunted the Thunder Wolf yesterday, Ancient One easily gave the materials I required. Moreover, she had taken a look at my sketches of the Dragon Claws herself and made some little changes to it so that the enchantments combined well with each other.

She also advised me to ask Hye-rin to take a look at the sketch so that she could help me plan the whole enchantment process. When I visited Hye-rin to ask for her help, she not only helped me plan the whole process but she also made some outer changes to the gauntlets, giving them a unique design.

Now, the fingers of the gauntlets were pointed and the gauntlets now had a black scaly design. So, the Dragon Claws now truly looked as they had been named. However, I had been curious about why she had made such changes which would have had no functionality at all. But her answer had surprised me.

“I just thought that they would look cool with your suit.” Hye-rin had answered with a smile. It was then she had revealed to me that she was also interested in fashion designing.

Still, Hye-rin had helped me so much that it would not have been too far to assume that she was interested in me. But I don't think that it was like that.

My dragon sense gave me some sort of insight when it came to the matter of emotions, although it was not much. And all I could sense from Hye-rin was pure admiration for me.

“Phew! It is finally complete.” I let out a sigh of relief as the enchantment process was finally complete. All that was left to do was to check if it was working.

I wore the Dragon Claws on my wrists and they fit perfectly which was to be expected as I and Hye-rin had made them to fit me after all.

I channeled my magic into the gauntlets causing them to glow. So far, they were working perfectly. It was now time to check their offensive power into the danger room.

As I left my room and started moving towards the basement, I ran into Kurt, Kitty, Emma and Jean.

“Peter! You are finally out. What are you wearing on your hands?” Emma asked as she saw the Dragon Claws on my hands.

“Oh! It is the project I was working on in the recent days. The one I was telling you about, the Dragon Claws. It is finally complete. So, I am going to test it at the Danger Room. By the way, when did you return?” I asked.

Because I was busy in rebuilding the gauntlets the last few days, I could not join them in their sessions at Kamar Taj which Ancient One had started for them. 

Ancient One had also made Jean and Emma honorary sorcerers because both of them in her words, simply couldn't be left unchecked. 

“Just now. In fact, Master Wong left a few moments ago.” Kurt explained. Since I could not take them to Kamar Taj these days, Master Wong was the one who took this role.

“So, how is it going?” I asked about their mystic arts studies.

“It was great. We started learning portal creation today. I was able to create a portal in just three attempts.” Kurt said while grinning. 

I would not say that I was not a little jealous of this accomplishment of Kurt's. After all, it had taken me more than a month to learn how to create a proper portal and that was after rigorous training.

“My studies are also going great. Although I could not create a portal, according to Ancient One, I would be able to surely in a few days.” Kitty said happily.

“Don't even mention it.” Emma said in an irritated tone. Looks like her mystic arts studies hadn't gone greatly.

“Although both of us learnt a lot from Ancient One regarding our psychic powers, the same can't be said about our mystic arts studies. Our attempt at portal creation had gone just too badly. 

It could even be compared to your initial attempts. It is just that our portals collapsed before even forming instead of exploding like yours did. According to Ancient One, we have little to none talent in this part of mystic arts.”

Jean explained how bad was their experience at portal creation. So, that was why Emma was so irritated.

“By the way, why don't you join me in testing this new weapon of mine?” I asked while showing the newly created Dragon Claws.

“Sure, why not?” Emma easily accepted my proposal with a smile on her face.

Soon, we were in the Danger Room, ready to check the Dragon Claws’ power.

“I hope you don't destroy them too much this time, Peter.” Mr. Hank’s pleading voice came from the speaker.

“Don't worry, Mr. Hank. We are just here to test something. Afterwards, we will leave. Anyways, release the robots.” I asked Mr. Hank to release the robots after assuring him that we will not take much of our time.

Soon, the robots had been released and they were approaching us with the intention to attack. 

“Let's see what can you do.” Saying these words, I launched an air blast from the gauntlets.

As the air blast hit a robot,it pierced through its armour and left a hole in its body.

“Hmm… It sure was worth it to enhance the gauntlets with the wind enchantment.” I mused as I saw the result. 

But now was the time for the main event. I channeled my red lightning through the channeling disc on the gauntlets and launched a red lightning bolt at another robot.

Obviously, the bolt easily finished te robot. But my eyes were on the condition of the gauntlets after firing the bolt.

To my relief, the gauntlets had not been damaged by the flow of red lightning through them. Thankfully, I had put as much lightning resistant enchantments as I could on the gauntlets.

Now, it was time for the final test. I channeled my red lightning once again through the gauntlets, this time trying to create a red lightning spear.

Although the gauntlets held against the power of red lightning, the creation of the spear was much slow because it was created from a large amount of red lightning which was then concentrated. Still, the red lightning spear was finally created after about 15 seconds.

“Hey! You had told me that it is just a small test. Then, why are you creating a red lightning spear, Peter?” Mr. Hank said in a panicked voice through the speaker.

“I was just testing the endurance of the speaker. I am not going to fire it.” I dismissed the spear to show that I had said the truth.

“Now, is anyone hungry? Because I sure am.” I asked after finishing the testing of the Dragon Claws.

“I am. Let's order pizza.” Kurt suggested as soon as he heard my words.

“We will see. Let's see first if there is anything in the kitchen.” Jean suggested that we should first check the kitchen.

“Sure.” And with that we left for the kitchen.

Ring! Ring!

Just as we left the basement, my phone rang. I looked to find that it was from Gwen.

“Hey, Gwen! What's up?” I said greeting her.

“Peter! Is the proposal you had offered on the first day you had returned still open?” Gwen asked, surprising me. 

*************************

So, the Dragon Claws have been completed. But since they would not see much action in Peter's hands, they will soon be in another one’s. Who will get them? You will see later. 

Anyways, it's now time for a little patrol. 

If you want to read 9 chapters ahead or just support me, visit my p.a.t.r.e.o.n/DragonsEye 

13