Chapter 65
149 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Who is this girl?” I asked Gwen, curious about her reaction upon seeing this cosplayer thief.

“I will tell you later. We must catch her first. Last time she had narrowly escaped from my hands. As such, it is a must for me to catch her.” Gwen said in a flustered voice. Looks like she was ashamed to talk about her as she had not been able to capture her.

“As you say.” I decided to stay this matter for now as it was more important to capture this thief. If this girl had escaped previously from Gwen, she was obviously skilled.

Gwen launched a web at the girl’s back as she was escaping. But to my surprise, as soon as the girl felt the presence of the web on her back, she took out a knife from her pocket and cut the web. It seems that her instincts were top notch, something rarely found in a thief.

“If it isn't my dear beloved Spider Woman. Did you miss me, my dear?” The girl asked in a flirty tone. It was clear just from her words why Gwen didn't want to talk about her.

“You! I will have a talk with you later once I have caught you.” Saying these words, Gwen launched a series of webs at the girl thief but the girl dodged most of them with incredible flexibility and cut the rest of them with her knife. 

“Oh! come on, dear. How can you treat me like this? Did you forget about our kiss?” The girl thief taunted Gwen once again, this time however, reminding her of a kiss!

“Damn you, Black Cat! You are definitely going to jail this time.” Gwen said, obviously enraged by the girl thief’s words who apparently went by the name of Black Cat.

Honestly, it was quite amusing for me to see Gwen like this. I could enjoy this moment without worrying about Black Cat escaping because I could easily deal with her if she tried to escape. 

This Black Cat was a girl who obviously knew how to use her sexuality as a weapon and flirted with Gwen so that she could distract her. And it was actually working. Gwen in her anger, fell in the Black Cat’s rhythm and even forget to take advantage of Black Cat’s openings in order to subdue her when they appeared.

I didn't interfere till now because I wanted Gwen to learn from this so that she didn't fall for someone’s taunts next time. Although it was actually a rare occurrence to find an opponent like Black Cat who flirted with you in order to distract you.

“Peter, help me take care of this bitch! Why are you just standing there?” Gwen asked for my help, frustrated by a lack of result in her attempt to subdue Black Cat.

“Who is this guy, Spider Woman? Is he your secret boyfriend? And here I thought that you loved me. Wait a minute! Could it be that you wanted to show me your boyfriend so that you could tell me that you are off the market? That is so considerate of you.” 

Let's take care of this bitch! Although it was amusing to see Gwen falling for Black Cat's taunts, I got angry as soon as I became the target of her taunts. Because I didn't like this false flirting of her a single fucking bit just like Gwen. 

I rushed at Black Cat the moment she dodged a punch from Gwen and struck her on the back of her neck without giving her any chance at all, making her fall unconscious.

As soon as she fell unconscious, Gwen webbed up her entire body so that there was no chance for her to escape.

“Well, this matter is solved. So, where did you meet this unique piece?” I asked Gwen.

“It was during a late afternoon patrol I was doing after just returning from school. It was then that I found her stealing an antique item. During my attempt to catch her, do you know what she did?

As I tried to catch her, her balance broke at one moment and she fell. So, I caught her in my arms as any hero should. But she actually kissed me once I caught her. 

And while I was distracted by the kiss she had given me, she pushed me away and escaped. As I was short on time, I could not even attempt to catch her again.”

Gwen explained just how unique her experience was with this Black Cat.

“So, what should we do with her?” I asked.

“What is there to ask? Just call the police and leave her here.” Gwen said, clearly angry at the Black Cat.

“Let me check what she stole first.” I opened the bag to see what was stolen. But to my surprise, there was nothing valuable inside the bag, just some papers. 

My eyes widened when I looked what was written in the papers. In the papers, it was written several accounts of corruption a famous politician had done along with some of his associates.

“Gwen! Look what was Black Cat stealing.” I showed Gwen the papers.

“Never thought that Black Cat was this kind of girl. Was she trying to become Robin Hood or something. So, what should we do now?” Gwen asked as it was difficult for her to make a decision in this situation.

“Let's wake her first.” I casted an awakening spell on her, something I had learnt in case its use was required in future missions.

As Black Cat slowly opened her eyes, she felt the webs which restricted her and became aware of her current situation.

“I had thought that you would have thrown me to the police without any thought, Spider Woman. I am surprised that I woke up in your custody.” Black Cat said seriously, completely unlike her previous demeanor.

“We were going to. But then we saw this!” I took out the papers and showed them to her.

“So, you found them. Huh!”

“What did you want to do with them?” I asked.

“Leak them to public like I had done previously with the papers I had found related to John Kipling.” Black Cat replied.

To think she was the one who had revealed politician John Kipling’s corruption six months ago. This complicated things.

“If you were the one who leaked John Kipling's papers, then what were you doing with that jewelry?” Gwen asked in a demanding tone.

“Well, just because I am a honourable thief doesn't mean that I am not a regular one.” So, in addition to being a thief who exposed corruption, this Black Cat also sometimes did regular thieving. Don't know if I should treat her as a honourable thief or a regular one. 

“So, what do you plan to do with me?” Black Cat asked.

“Yeah! What should we do now?” Gwen asked in a worried tone.

“I think we should release her.” I revealed my thoughts.

“Pe– Red Lightning! She is a thief. We can't release her.” Gwen argued, almost calling me by my name due to her anger.

“But she is also someone who works for the betterment of the society. As long as she swears that she will not do any normal thieving, I have no qualms about releasing her.” After joining Kamar Taj and becoming a member of X-Men, I knew that there were several ways one could work for the betterment of the society. Just like Black Cat did it through thieving.

“Fine! But only because you say so!” Gwen relented in front of my logic.

“I thank you, Red Lightning for releasing me although you were the one who had caught me first.” Black Cat thanked me after I released her from the webs which bonded her.

“Just know that you have acquired a fan today, Red Lightning. Also, if both of you ever want a threesome, I am willing.” Black Cat said with a wink and then released a grappling hook to fly away. Damn, this girl! She will never learn.

“Let's return. It is already too late.” I asked Gwen to end the patrol.

“Yeah! You are right.” Gwen also agreed.

*********************

“So, I think this is goodbye for now.” I said as we returned to the same rooftop from where we had started our patrol.

“Peter, before you go, I need to talk about something with you.” Gwen said.

“Yeah! What is it?” I asked.

“Although Black Cat was just flirting with me so that I would be distracted, it reminded me of something important.” Gwen took a deep sigh and then said the words I had never thought that I would hear from her today.

“I used to have a crush on you.”

***********************

Peter's way of dealing with Black Cat shows that he is rather flexible if the matter is not too serious. And now, it's time for Peter and Gwen to have some relationship talk. 

If you want to read 9 chapters ahead or just support me, visit my p.a.t.r.e.o.n/DragonsEye 

12