Future 8
127 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch 8- Future 8: Sarada Uchiha (Part 4)

Well, here it is, the final for the Sarada arc. Hopefully, you have enjoyed this arc. I will add more of the future stuff but that won’t be anytime soon.

Disclaimer- I don’t own Naruto or Boruto.


The scene begins with Shin using his weakened ocular prowess to drag his battered body backward.

“Sarada” shouted Cho-Cho as the Uchiha family looked back to see Cho-Cho and Naruto running towards them.

“Oh, I guess you managed to subdue all the clones outside then” said Asuma.

“The action’s pretty much over though” said Kiba.

“Tch, my fight was off screened” wailed Naruto.

“Thanks for keeping my daughter safe Naruto” said Choji feeling grateful towards his fellow genin.

“Eh, it’s no big deal” said Naruto slightly bashful.

“I’m surprised, Shin is still awake despite all the punishment he has taken” said Inoichi.

“Not for long though, he is barely clinging on to consciousness” said Choza.

“Of course, Tsunade’s punches hurt” said Jiraiya again caressing his stomach wincing. Hiruzen smirked seeing his student.

“I’ll have to use the Shins as a distraction and retreat for now” said Shin as 6-7 Shin clones were coming forward to defend him.

“Tch, motherfucker” said Tenten angrily.

“There are still clones left huh. He really was prepared” said Shikaku.

“All of you… do it” said Shin with a smirk on his face.

Suddenly Shin’s body jerked the sound of getting stabbed was vibrated in the screen.

“What?” asked Naruto shocked.

“What?” asked adult Shin in shock.

The scene showed adult Shin getting stabbed in his stomach and back by 4 mini-Shins.

No one expected this outcome, everyone looked on in shock.

“Oof” said Kiba wincing.

“Now that’s a shock” said Kakashi.

Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Sarada and Cho-Cho looked on in shock.

“What…are…you…doing?” asked Shin in shock.

“Enough” said one of the clones.

“We are to dispose of the old, useless flesh. That’s what you taught us, Father” said one of the clone Shin.

“Heh, they aren’t wrong” said Jiraiya.

“That’s the issue with his beliefs, he never once considered that he would be weak enough to be replaceable one day” said Inoichi.

“Well, you reap what you sow” said Ino shrugging.

“You…. I….am…the…original!” said adult Shin in disbelief.

“Your visual prowess is weak now…father. From now on…we will evolve. That’s the most logical thing to do” said one of the Shin clones standing on a pillar.

“Is this… the evolution that you hoped for?” asked Sakura.

“He made clones of himself after all. Just because he didn’t see them as human beings, doesn’t mean they don’t have their own thoughts, he was overconfident in his control over his clones” said Shino.

“That’s a fitting ending for a bastard like him” said Tenten.

“Such mindset will only lead to unyouthful outcomes” said Lee.

“That’s his fate” said Neji.

“He believed human beings were nothing but cumulation of genes, and to progress conflict was must. However, he looks on in disbelief as his creations have surpassed him. He only wanted evolution for himself, and that selfishness is coming back to bite him” said Shibi.

“That’s what he taught to his children… to evolve even at the expense of others. That’s what resulted in this outcome” said Sakura.

“Indeed. That’s the result of survival of the fittest mentality. There is no guarantee that you will end up as the survivor. Human beings aren’t so simple, that they will follow such cruel evitability without coming up with a resistance” said Hiruzen.

‘If that’s so, then why did my father had to die… the shinobi world at the end of the day follows the survival of the fittest mentality. That’s the cage we live in, that’s inevitable… then how did you do it, how did you bring peace in this world, how did you break your own destiny without succumbing to your hatred, how?’ thought Neji looking at Naruto.

Slowly, more and more clones were coming out of hiding. Some deformed clones were there too. Naruto sensed the danger and put his hand forward protectively towards Cho-Cho.

The entire area was filled with Shin clones.

“Hey, hey! There are still this many of you?” asked Naruto in surprise.

“Well shit” said Asuma.

“Asuma… language, but yes this is not a favourable situation” said Kurenai.

“Each of them have jonin level prowess with their mangekyo” said Hiruzen.

“Sakura is exhausted, it’s all up to you two” said Kiba looking at Naruto and Sasuke.

“And you have to protect my daughter and Sasuke’s daughter while fighting the clones” said Choji worried.

“Well… I can’t speak for the teme over there, but I will pull through” said Naruto confidently.

“Hn, I’m not going to lose to some clones of a fake uchiha” said Sasuke.

“When did you… so many?” asked Shin in surprise.

“We made more of ourselves” said one of the Shin clones.

“So they managed to hide all of the clones from the original huh… they must have been planning for some time then” said Shikaku.

“They were waiting for any weakness that Shin showed to pounce on him, huh” said Shikamaru.

“Still, it’s incredible how much technology has advanced in the future. To be able to create biological clones of oneself. That opens up a myriad of opportunities” said Hiashi.

“I don’t think anyone other than Orochimaru’s servants would be crude enough to experiment on such things” said Tsume in disgust.

“We don’t need you anymore… father” said the Shin clone.

“There are some pretty chubby ones too” said Cho-Cho stepping back to where Sarada was helping Sakura sit up.

“I guess they couldn’t clone them too well” said Sakura.

“Failed experiments huh” said Tenzo.

All of the clones ran forward to engage with large tri pronged shuriken.

“Multi shadow clone jutsu” said Naruto and created a large number of clones. The clones ran forward and engaged the Shin clones with kunai.

“Well, we have the perfect counter to deal with the permanent clones with our future Hokage” said Kakashi eye smiling.

“Just leave it to me” said Naruto with a thumbs up.

The scene showed two of the Shin clones jumping a Naruto clone but Naruto clone managed to parry all their attacks.

Suddenly however, a giant hand crashed into the ground where Naruto clone was standing. The screen showed a humongous Shin clone getting ready to punch more clones.

“Holy shit, that’s like your jutsu Choji” said Ino in shock.

“He’s huge” said Gai.

“Indeed, that size is only achievable with our multi size technique” said Choza.

“That must be another of the failed cloning then” said Kakashi.

“T-to b-be s-stuck w-with t-that s-size f-forever, that’s s-so s-sad” murmured Hinata.

“Susano’o” yelled Sasuke as he was covered in visible violet chakra. He flew towards the big clone and formed a skeleton fist, punching the clone on his cheek making the clone fall backwards, unconscious.

“Damn, just in one punch too. That’s an insane feat of pure strength” said Asuma.

“Oh, and he didn’t use his full powered Susanoo at that too” said Gai.

“Indeed, it seems this technique has levels to it as well. He used a powered down version of the technique” said Hiruzen.

“And even that was able to knock out someone of that stature huh” said Kakashi.

“That’s so overpowered” said Kiba grumbling.

“Hn, very good. I should at least be able to do this if I have to kill him” said Sasuke proudly.

“So cool, Sasuke-kun” said Ino fangirling.

“Tch” said Naruto annoyed clicking his tongue.

“He was just stabbed in his chest too” said Shikamaru.

“And still, he is able to fight like this huh, he really is far beyond our levels” said Choji.

“Yosh, I will strive to have such strength myself” said Lee excited.

“That’s the spirit Lee” said Gai encouraging his student’s passion.

“Please don’t start again you two” said Tenten sighing.

“Don’t kill them, Sasuke” shouted Naruto.

“You’re as soft as ever” said Sasuke.

“They are kids, they can still be saved. I don’t want to see children our age dying without ever realizing they are more than tools for evolution, that’s too sad dattebayo” said Naruto looking at the present Sasuke.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m sure future me won’t kill them. They aren’t string enough to warrant that for the future me anyway” said Sasuke shrugging.

In reality, Sasuke himself didn’t want to kill kids if he could help him, he knew better than anyone how cruel life could be with an obsession over validation.

The clones of Shin thought that evolution was the very purpose they were created for, even though Sasuke found that ridiculous, he knew how it is like to single mindedly pursue something, believing that’s the reason for one’s existence. He knew it far better than the clones.

Even so… he has to go through this path, because he is an avenger… That’s why Itachi left him alive.

“Dad… Lord seventh” said Sarada worried as she watched over her mother alongside Cho-Cho.

Unnoticed by them, the small creature with Shin’s voice crawled up behind them.

“I can’t die yet… you’re coming with us, medical Ninja” said the creature.

“Shit, he is still alive. How is that even possible” said Tsume.

“Has he split his consciousness, his soul in two parts through cloning?” asked Hiruzen theorizing.

“You’re saying the creature itself is the original Shin too. I just thought that was a summon with a sharingan on it” said Jiraiya.

“Is something like that even possible?” asked Tenzo surprised.

“That would mean Shin’s mangekyo grants him two ocular jutsu, one allowing weapons manipulation and another being space time manipulation” said Kakashi frowning.

“Not again, come on, leave forehead alone” said Ino annoyed.

“How are you sure that the space time manipulation doesn’t come from a different eye?” asked Kiba.

“Look closely, both the mangekyo have the same pattern” said Sasuke.

“He must have cloned the eye which allowed him to manipulate weapons to put in his hand and the other eye to the creature while splitting his soul” said Neji.

“That might be Orochimaru’s handiwork. He did mention Danzo got the same hand from Shin, so all Shin’s knowledge might come from Orochimaru” said Shikaku.

“That would mean there is a possibility that Orochimaru can create permanent clones… that’s not a good thing, nazenara in the recent future he will move against us” said Shibi.

“God damn it, we can’t fall for the same thing again” said Naruto frustrated.

The space around adult Shin’s body and Sakura’s body started distorting.

“No… not again” said Sakura scared.

“Shin is guaranteed to work alone, the main body is basically dead at this point, if the small creature can’t use weapon manipulation then Sakura could easily defeat it, however Sakura has almost run out of fuel too. She was already pushing her stamina when she ran out of the hospital, and the fight with Shin only made it worse… if she doesn’t use her seal when she is separated, I don’t predict the outcome, this might be bad” said Shikamaru biting his lip.

Naruto looked back towards the situation in shock, however Sasuke turned back and called for his daughter.

“Sarada” shouted Sasuke from inside his primitive Susano’o.

“I know” said Sarada and turned around.

Sarada quickly threw some shuriken towards the creature, which forced the creature to jump back cancelling its technique.

“Let’s go, I guess Sasuke and Sarada were already prepared for the surprise” said Gai.

“Hn, of course” said Sasuke proudly.

“It seems we were worried for naught” said Hiruzen smiling.

“Go Sarada, defeat that creep once for all” said Ino cheering.

The creature looked up to see Sarada above it clenching her fist tightly, the creature used its ocular technique to manipulate a tri pronged large kunai hovering it around it, before launching the weapon towards Sarada as Sakura looked on.

“Shit, he can weapon manipulation even in this state” said Jiraiya in surprise.

“As I suspected, troublesome” said Shikamaru grumbling.

“Oh no…” said Sakura worrying for her daughter.

“Don’t ger in out way…” said the creature as the kunai was right in front of Sarada’s face.

“Mom, this time… I will protect you” said Sarada and her one tomoe sharingan activated.

Sarada managed to react just in time and weaved her head to dodge the kunai and flipped before falling downwards to the creature.

“Shannaroga” shouted Sarada and punched the creature hard on its face deforming it as the ground exploded and a crater formed around Sarada.

The creature was undoubtedly destroyed.

Sakura looked on shock as her daughter prevailed using her technique.

Everyone looked at the screen in shock.

Jiraiya groaned.

“Not a third please” said Jiraiya sighing.

“That’s insane” said Kiba.

“She is not even a genin yet, and she already can exhibit such strength, that’s the power of youth” said Lee fired up. His eyes were burning with passion.

“Hn, as expected of my heir” said Sasuke, he had a small smile on his face.

“Wow, she is younger than me, and yet, she is so strong. Way to go, Sarada” said Sakura mesmerized by her daughter’s prowess.

“Why can’t we have her instead of the teme” said Naruto.

“Does she have that great chakra control too?” asked Kurenai in shock.

“Maybe not, she copied her mother’s movements with her sharingan, albeit it’s not perfectly mimicking Sakura’s strength due to her not having the same amount of chakra control. She must not be able to use her sharingan to see how chakra flows in the network properly yet” said Kakashi.

“Even so, it’s not an easy feat using Tsunade’s technique, especially without perfect chakra control, sharingan or not, she is a prodigy” said Jiraiya.

“Indeed, it’s impossible for me too, even with my sharingan being much more advanced” said Kakashi.

“Of course, my daughter is a true Uchiha after all. This is the might of our clan” said Sasuke haughtily.

“The entire family is made of monsters” said Tenten.

“Sarada…” said Sasuke with a smile.

“Well, well, it looks like you can smile after all” said Naruto teasing his rival.

“Not completely heartless huh” said Kiba joining in the fun.

Sasuke scowled.

“Let him be guys, he has gone through enough today” said Kakashi head patting Naruto.

“Amazing” said Naruto with a smile.

Naruto turned around as he heard footsteps approach him. Suddenly, a Shin clone sneaked up on him and stabbed his stomach with the large kunai.

“What the hell? No way you got caught lacking like that” said Kiba in shock.

“Rest assured, he didn’t” said Hiashi with his byakugan turned on.

“Still gonna keep this up” said Naruto as the Shin clone looked surprised to see Naruto catch the weapon with his bare hands, full of transparent blood red chakra.

Naruto applied some force to the weapon, slowly cracking it. He looked towards the clone and his eyes glowed red maliciously.

Naruto had a smile on his face however, not matching his demeanour.

“Calm down” said Naruto in a deep voice.

Suddenly the scene shifted inside Naruto’s mindscape, and Shin clone started sweating bullets as he heard a menacing growl.

He wasn’t the only one sweating.

The moment the scene shifted, the entire atmosphere in the room changed. The screen was leaking an insane amount of killer intent, something which terrified all the genins, they even forgot to breath.

“Fuck” said Kiba cursing.

“Kurama” said Naruto as the clone saw the jaws of the beast who could devour him in an instant, looming around Naruto protectively, glaring at the clone with angry red eyes.

At this point, only Jiraiya, Kakashi, Hiruzen, Shikaku and Gai could remain calm. All other adults were shaking in fear, remembering the night when the beast attacked the village.

The genins were trying to their best to keep their food in their stomach. Even Naruto was losing his cool as he gulped down the bile that was forming in his stomach.

The scene shifted back to Shin’s hideout as the clone was trembling in fear, stepping back.

“There’s no need to be scared… as long as you don’t do anymore bad stuff, we won’t do anything either” said Naruto in a relaxing voice, as if the kid in front of him wasn’t pissing his pants.

It seemed all the Shin clones managed to feel how outmatched they were in comparison to the seventh Hokage as all of them were shaking in their boots and started dropping their weapons.

“You’re way too soft” said Sasuke.

“They’re still kids. We have to teach them what’s right and wrong” said Naruto.

The Shin clones looked at each other confused.

“Soft… that was soft… what the fuck do you mean?” asked Kiba in a loud voice.

“I… I don’t know man, all I know is that I am a motherfucking badass” said Naruto with a shaky grin on his face.

“How… just how strong are you?” asked Sasuke in a soft voice.

‘I was paralyzed in fear, the killer intent was RADIATED FROM THE SCREEN, and yet almost everyone was paralyzed, just how much power do you hold inside you, Naruto’ thought Sasuke in shock.

‘Even so, he is my rival after all, he has to be capable enough to do this much to be called the greatest shinobi of his generation’ thought Sasuke with a smirk.

“Amazing, he made all the clones surrender without a fight, with just a wave of killer intent” said Choji.

“Naruto, you really are amazing in the future” said Sakura shaking her head in amazement.

“Thanks Sakura-chan” said Naruto with a thumbs up and a dopey grin.

“A-amazing, Naruto-kun” said Hinata, albeit it was just a whisper, so Naruto barely heard anything.

‘Don’t worry Hinata, one day, you will be courageous enough to confront him’ thought Shino and patted Hinata’s shoulder in a comforting gesture.

“… That wasn’t Naruto’s intention” said Kurenai.

“W-What do you mean sensei?” asked Kiba confused.

“What an unbelievable brat” said Tsume with a chuckle.

“He didn’t threaten the clones, he calmed the beast down… as if the beast was getting angry on Naruto’s behalf” said Kakashi shaking his head in disbelief.

“WHAT” shouted almost all of the Konoha 12, including Naruto.

“Wow, all that just to calm down the nine tails” said Ino.

“And that scared an army of jonin level shinobis… what the hell is wrong with you? You are freakishly strong” said Shikamaru with a groan.

“Heh, told you, I will be super awesome” said Naruto with a grin.

‘WHY, DAMN IT, WHAT CHANGED ME SO MUCH IN THE FUTURE, THAT I AM WILLINGLY PROTECTING THE BRAT, AS IF, AS IF HE IS MY FAMILY. UNBELIEVABLE’ thought present Kurama from inside Naruto.

“Did you catch that old man?” asked Jiraiya.

“Of course, it seems the kyubi has a name” said Hiruzen.

“Naruto did call him Kurama” said Tenzo.

“Wait, you did, is that kyubi’s name or did you name him yourself?” asked Sakura.

“I don’t know, I don’t even know how to talk to him yet” said Naruto with a shrug.

“This is interesting” said Jiraiya.

“It seems we have much to learn about the tailed beasts” said Shikaku.

Sasuke looked back towards the dead body of Shin Uchiha.

“Carrying on Itachi’s will huh… you really didn’t understand anything about him” said Sasuke.

‘I see, as I thought he was just obsessed over Itachi’ thought Hiruzen.

‘Interesting, the future Sasuke doesn’t seem to hold any hatred towards his archenemy’ thought Jiraiya.

The one who was most confused about his future self’s dialogue was Sasuke himself.

“What does that mean? Why am I talking about him in… such a familiar tone? Didn’t I kill him in the future… avenging my brethren?” asked Sasuke dumbfounded.

What the hell happened in the future?

Even the rest of the members in his team were looking at the event strangely. Sakura and Naruto knew Sasuke enough that they knew his brother was a taboo subject.

And Kakashi, who knew how much Sasuke truly suffered due to his inability to realize what Itachi was planning, was surprised as well. He never expected Sasuke of all people to talk in a manner that made Itachi sound… good? Not evil? What the hell happened?

‘It seems he is aware… of my failure in the future’ thought Hiruzen with a sad forlorn look.

Jiraiya and Shikaku picked that up.

‘Is there more to the story than we are aware?’ thought Shikaku.

“Sarada, way to go. The Uchiha clan is amazing” said Cho-Cho excitedly.

“Of course” said Sasuke quickly regaining his bearing for the moment as he heard his clan being praised.

“That was some amazing power… huh! Sarada” said Cho-Cho noticing her friend’s eyes.

“Eh” said Sarada at Cho-Cho’s sudden change in behaviour.

“Your eyes are just like your father’s” said Cho-Cho.

Sarada nodded and let out a sound of agreement, she looked shocked by her sudden strength herself.

“Understandable, she did achieve something incredible after all” said Lee.

“Sarada” said Sakura who ran immediately and hugged her daughter.

“You had me so worried” said Sakura.

“I’m sorry” said Sarada teary eyed.

“I’m glad you’re okay” said Sakura and hugged Sarada tighter.

“Ugh… you’re squishing me mom” said Sarada.

“Oh, sorry” said Sakura and let go of her daughter, standing back up.

“Your daughter’s strong Pinky, you worry too much” said Jiraiya.

“Even so, she is a kid, she shouldn’t be in the frontlines” said Sakura defiantly.

Sasuke nodded alongside her, actually agreeing with Sakura at something.

“You won’t understand, it’s something only mothers can feel” said Tsume to Jiraiya.

Kiba looked back at his mother taken aback, her voice indicating she actually coddled him was revolting to him.

‘You don’t get to say that’ thought Kiba aghast.

Hinata thought the scene was sweet.

‘S-Sakura-san is a good m-mother. I h-hope I can be as g-good as her one d-day’ thought Hinata looking at Naruto longingly.

Sarada and Sakura looked at Sasuke who was discussing some matters with Naruto.

“Dad?” asked Sarada and Sasuke looked back.

“Are your feelings really connected with mom’s?” asked Sarada.

“Now Sasuke, don’t mess this up, this is probably the last chance you’re getting from her” said Tenten.

“Indeed, show us that you are a youthful husband Sasuke-kun” said Lee.

“Despite the fact that she had been lied by her parents about her birth and you being missing for the entirety of her childhood, she is still asking for confirmation, you will never get a second chance again” said Ino.

“I know” said Sasuke sighing.

“If you mess this up, I will force you to take up socializing classes” said Naruto.

Sasuke was too engaged in his future self’s response to retort back.

“Yeah…” said Sasuke.

“How can you say that for sure?” asked Sarada.

Sasuke had a soft look on his face as he turned to face his daughter.

“Because you exist… Sarada” said Sasuke leaving Sarada shocked and Sakura smiling giddily.

Happy tears welled up in Sarada’s eyes as she started to wipe her tears removing her red glasses. Sasuke walked forwards to join his family.

“You’re so lucky, Sarada” said Cho-Cho and Naruto smiled.

“All right! Let’s go home!” announced Naruto.

“Well, well, not bad emo kid, not bad at all” said Jiraiya.

Tenten nodded satisfied.

Ino smiled sadly, but it seemed Sasuke won’t ever be hers.

‘Good for you, forehead girl’ thought Ino.

“Hm, I guess you can do without the classes for now” said Naruto.

“That’s sweet” said Kakashi eye smiling.

“It’s definitely a heartwarming scene” said Asuma.

“Indeed” said Kurenai smiling.

Sasuke had a small smile on his face.

“I’m sorry Sasuke-kun, I should have told Sarada more about you when my future self saw how troubled she was due to your absence” said Sakura apologising to Sasuke.

“You were troubled that she will follow the same fate my clanmates had… don’t fret due to my inadequacies… Thank you, for looking over Sarada in my absence… despite her not being your daughter” said Sasuke with much dilemma.

“Sasuke-kun…” whispered Sakura in shock.

All most all of the Konoha 12 looked in shock, for Sasuke uchiha, the incarnation of pride to admit his flaws and actually thank someone, no one expected that.

Naruto smiled happily, despite feeling a pang of sadness at the budding relationship between his teammates, but he was happy for them, they were perfect for each other, at the end of the day.

Well, he had a son too, and that meant he had a wife in the future too, maybe someone who loved him and saw him for who he was, hopefully. Plus, he was the Hokage, he could let his rival have Sakura.

‘In just a few hours, all three of them have grown up’ thought Kakashi happily.

The scene shifted to Konohagakure orphanage, where one of the Shin clones was sitting on top of a building.

“First of all… we’ll need to give each one of you a name for convenience, there are too many of you, so before that…” said a voice as the screen shifted and showed all of the Shin clones inside the orphanage as two figures stood before them. The one standing had brown hair and wore a black robe, and the one sitting had pale greyish hair tied in a ponytail.

“The orphanage… are they really equipped with staff who can handle all of them?” asked Inoichi sceptically.

“Is this a wise decision? I agree the clones are a force to be reckoned with if they can be tamed, but the orphanage don’t have shinobi strong enough to deal with their rebellious phase” said Tenzo.

“That could change in the future though” said Asuma.

“Why would shinobi strong enough to handle threats like them waste their life in the orphanage?” asked Tsume.

“Maybe they’re retired” suggested Kurenai.

‘That voice… could it be him’ thought Hiruzen.

“You’re going to be living in this facility from today. In other words, we’re all going to be a family” said the voice of the man who was sitting in the director’s chair.

His eyes were like those of the snakes, his pupils were yellow, his eyes were surrounded in violet hue, and his entire skin looked as if it was cracking. He was wearing big, round glasses. He looked very much like… Orochimaru.

“Who the hell is he?” asked Tenzo disgusted by the figure’s appearance.

‘Is that Kabuto, he changed a lot over the years’ thought Hiruzen.

“He looks just like that pedo snake guy” said Naruto noting his appearance.

“If he willingly became a subject of Orochimaru, why was he allowed to come back to the village, or was he just a rescued experiment” said Shikamaru trying to theorize.

Kakashi glanced at Tenzo seeing the man flinch, Shikamaru’s comment must have brought out some memories from his past.

“My name is Kabuto, there’s no need to be shy” said the man now identified as Kabuto with a small smile on his face.

“Kabuto, that name sounds familiar” said Inoichi.

“Kabuto Yakushi, he is a genin in our village” said Hiruzen.

“Hmm, do you know something about him old man?” asked Jiraiya.

“You should see later, but he is a spy for Orochimaru” said Hiruzen.

“WHAT” shouted a lot of the genins.

“He is a spy, now I remember, he is the guy who has willingly given up on most of the chunin exams despite being qualifying at different stages” said Inoichi.

“I remember him, now it makes sense… he was working with Orochimaru huh… wasn’t he the son of the medical division captain?” asked Shikaku.

“Captain Yakushi has been dead for a long time, the story must have been fabricated” said Kakashi.

“So he has been spying on the village for quite some time huh” said Tsume growling.

“So it seems” said Hiashi.

“Bastard, if I ever meet him, I will give him hell” said Kiba angrily.

“Hell yeah” shouted Naruto agreeing with Kiba.

“That won’t be necessary, now that we know, I plan to use him as bait in the upcoming invasion” said Shikaku.

“Why are you pardoning such evil men in the future, and why is he running the orphanage of all things… they can’t be trusted” said Tenten looking at Naruto.

“I don’t know, ask the future me” said Naruto shrugging his hands, pointing at the screen.

“We must be missing a lot of the puzzles, we should keep watching to understand how the events will play out” said Shino.

Neji nodded curtly, agreeing with Shino. He just wanted to get back to the recent future… some of the events that have transpired revolted him to the point of puking…. Almost.

‘As I thought, so he was pardoned too? Why the orphanage though… Yakushi… I remember a skilled medic named Nono in my time… didn’t she retire and look over the orphanage or something, I remember her dying in the third Shinobi world war… I should look more about what happened at that point… if my guess is right, Danzo should be involved in this… I knew Danzo was intent on creating emotionless shinobis and I let him because his actions from the shadows… helped us remain the strongest village till now… I thought despite his actions, he truly wanted the best for Konoha, has he truly run so astray that he would work with someone like Orochimaru’ thought Hiruzen.

He remembered the time when they were competing over being Hokage.

He remembered Danzo supporting him from behind the scenes to sustain the village when he became a Hokage at such a young age.

He remembered Danzo becoming bitter… bitter enough to try to kill him.

He remembered Danzo starting to blackmail families to steal kids… he remembered Danzo rushing the Uchiha massacre.

And now… it seems Danzo has been working with Orochimaru all this time… even if Danzo doesn’t have the morphed hand yet, if what Hiruzen was theorizing about Kabuto ends up being true, then… Danzo may truly be unsavable… that would indicate Orochimaru and Danzo have been in contact all this time.

And for Hiruzen that was a bitter pill to swallow.

He let out a sigh.

“You have figured something out huh” said Jiraiya.

“I did, we can discuss about this later” said Hiruzen.

“Hey, we are already watching this together, we can handle whatever you want to throw at us. Don’t hide things from us” said Naruto.

“Calm down idiot, we are just genins” said Sakura sighing.

“Don’t worry Naruto, I am not hiding anything, I’m just not sure about what I’m thinking… it’s farfetched. Sooner or later, you will see anyway, the cube is made for you after all” said Hiruzen.

“Aw man, this was supposed to be my journey to find my real dad… but you found your dad” said Cho-Cho.

‘Has her delusions unending’ thought everyone.

“Are you going to keep searching… for your real dad” asked Sarada.

“Well… The one I have now isn’t bad… I guess I’ll make do with him for now” said Cho-Cho.

“Make do” said Sarada incredulously.

Naruto and Kiba let out a laugh.

“She certainly is quite handful” said Shikamaru shaking his head.

“You have tough times ahead of you Choji” said Ino.

‘She is worse than these fan girls over here’ thought Tenten looking at Ino and Sakura.

“I-I think she i-is q-quite capable t-though” said Hinata.

“Certainly, she is quite strong for an academy student” said Inoichi.

“Huh, I am sure she will do just fine. But, you have to show your manliness Choji” said Choza.

“Yeah” said Choji a bit dejected with her daughter’s treatment towards him.

“Ahh… I wonder where my real dad is?” asked Cho-Cho.

The screen shifted to see Ino in jonin vest talking to a slim Choji.

“Huh, who’s that cool guy?” asked Cho-Cho walking towards him.

“Wait what, why is Choji so slim though?” asked Naruto.

“And he looks handsome, plus I’m in the future too” said Ino excited to see herself.

“You two are still doing missions together in the future huh” said Shikamaru smiling.

“Why am I not chubby though?” asked Choji shocked looking at his dad.

“Wait…transforming fat to energy… could it be… have you mastered the ultimate hiden jutsu… and learned to use it without consequences” said Choza musing.

“Wait, we have a jutsu which can change our shape like that?” asked Choji shocked.

“We do… but it’s very risky” said Choza nodding.

“Wow, that’s amazing. What would I do have something like this?” asked Sakura jealously.

“For once, I agree with you, forehead girl” said Ino looking at Choji with envy.

Choji scratched his head not knowing what he should do.

“Um… would you happen to be?” asked Cho-Cho.

“Oh… Cho-Cho” said Choji acknowledging his daughter’s presence.

“Did you come to get me?” asked Choji.

“Thank you” said Choji head patting her making Cho-Cho blush.

“This touch… I knew it” said Cho-Cho recognizing the familiar feel of the hand slim Choji was giving her.

“W-What’s the matter?” asked Choji.

“She doesn’t recognise you in your slim form idiot” said Ino,

“Oh, I see… I think this is the first time Cho-Cho is seeing you with that physique, Choji” said Ino identifying the problem in hand.

“Huh…huh?! Is that really you, dad?!” asked Cho-Cho shocked.

“Heh, I guess you did man up son” said Choza proud.

“So that’s what it was. She thought Choji wasn’t her father because she misremembered slim Choji in her memory” said Shikamaru figuring out the reason behind Cho-Cho’s confusing actions throughout the episodes.

“Oh, so that’s why she thought I wasn’t her dad. Phew, I thought I wasn’t a good father” said Choji.

“Nah, don’t take adolescent girls seriously, they are a bit crazy” said Kiba and immediately Sakura and Tenten punched him on his dead. Ino kicked him in his shin making him yelp.

‘Y-you deserved that… sorry K-Kiba-kun’ thought Hinata.

“Sometimes it is wise to stay silent” said Shino to his grimacing teammate as Kurenai sighed.

“Yes, I am” said Choji simply.

“What is this… Is it some secret Akimichi clan jutsu?” asked Cho-Cho excitedly.

“Well… Sort of” said Choji.

“I was right… Choji, you have become a fine shinobi in the future” said Choza proudly.

“Uh… thanks dad” said Choji, still confused but basking in his father’s praise.

“Good for you buddy” said Shikamaru cognizant of Choji’s self-esteem issues.

“I wanna learn it to! Can you teach me from tomorrow, dad” said Cho-Cho.

“Oh Choji! Cho-Cho was searching for you all this time” said Naruto coming towards them with Sasuke in tow.

“I was in a mission…” said Choji rubbing the back of his head.

“Well, your daughter had quite the youthful journey” said Gai.

“…I wouldn’t call it youthful, I was scared for her” said Choji.

“Sasuke-kun?!” asked Ino in shock and waved towards him.

“It’s been a while” said Ino running towards him but Sarada came in between and stopped her.

“Huh… What?” asked Ino in confusion.

Sakura laughed nervously.

Sarada smiled and let out a cute giggle.

“LMAO” said Naruto and Kiba laughing out loud holding their stomach.

Even Tenten let out an amused laugh.

“Well… it seems Sarada doesn’t want anymore relationship drama” said Kurenai amused.

Ino fumed.

“Hoes not allowed” said Sakura letting out a giggle.

‘Where are the kids learning the slangs’ thought Kakashi sighing.

“Did you not get married in the future?” asked Jiraiya.

“SHUT UP” shouted Ino angrily. Much to her chagrin, Naruto and Kiba only laughed harder.

“Huh?! That’s ridiculous!” said Karin as the screen shifted to her.

“Oh, that’s the girl from the photo” said Naruto calming down.

“We might finally get to see the truth behind Sarada’s birth” said Shikamaru.

Sasuke looked towards the screen intently.

“Sarada-chan is really and truly Sakura and Sasuke’s daughter” said Karin.

“Wait… what?” asked Lee.

Sakura looked confused.

“But what about that umbilical cord?” asked Suigetsu.

“That’s what we want to know” said Jiraiya.

“It’s Sarada-chan and Sakura’s… I was the one who delivered Sarada when Sakura went into labour” said Karin frustrated.

“Hn, is that satisfactory… I am not engaged in adultery” said Sasuke scowling crossing his arms.

“W-well, it seems we misjudged you” said Choji.

“Sorry, Sasuke-kun” said Ino apologising.

“Tch, at least you’re not that big of a scum” said Kiba.

“Phew… I mean, whatever, you are still a traitor dattebayo” said Naruto hiding his relief.

“I… I am actually Sarada’s mom then” said Sakura shocked.

“Indeed, it seems it was just a misunderstanding” said Shikaku.

“Good for you, Sakura. It seems Sasuke did acknowledge you” said Kakashi eye-smiling.

Tears welled up on Sakura’s eyes as she rubbed her eyes.

“Sakura-chan, what happened? Are you okay?” asked Naruto worried.

“I-It’s okay, baka. I’m happy that’s all” said Sakura.

‘Why is so obsessed over my acknowledgement? I should ask her when we get a break’ thought Sasuke confused.

“As I thought, that’s what Sakura-san was indicating when she was vaguely speaking about her daughter’s origin” said Shino.

“Right, she was saying something to Shizune in the earlier episodes” said Asuma.

“So… that’s what it was, it seems we gave the Uchiha a hard time for no reason” said Kurenai.

“Now, if we can stop him from going rogue altogether, that would be a miracle” said Tsume scoffing.

Sasuke shifted uncomfortably.

“I won’t do it… I mentioned I will rectify my mistakes already” said Sasuke.

“We will hold on to your youthful promise” said Gai flashing him a glistening smile and a thumbs up.

“Really? You used to be so crazy for Sasuke before…” said Suigetsu.

‘Great another fangirl’ thought Naruto detesting the attention his rival got from girls.

“Idiot! All I want is for Sasuke to be happy. Besides… women can be friends too, you know” said Karin sagely.

“I-It s-seems you two a-are quite c-close” said Hinata looking at Sakura shyly.

“Yeah” said Sakura nodding.

‘That red hair… could she be an Uzumaki?’ thought Hiruzen looking over to Jiraiya, it seemed his prized student was thinking along the same lines.

“Is that so? Does that mean you’ve totally given up on Sasuke?” asked Suigetsu.

Karin hesitated for a moment.

“You don’t get it, do you? Bonds come in all kinds of shape” said Karin looking at the umbilical cord.

“But, never mind that! Suigetsu, go and apologise to Sarada!... and bring her some new eyeglasses while you’re at it!! I bet she is outgrowing her current pair” said Karin as Suigetsu let out disbelieving sounds.

“Right now” said Suigetsu incredulously.

A couple of chuckles escaped the room.

“So Karin gave her the glasses huh, no wonder Sarada’s eyeglasses looked so similar to her glasses” said Jiraiya.

“It seems she cares a lot about you Sasuke, sacrificing her feelings for you for your happiness” said Kakashi.

“You are blessed with a good friend” said Asuma.

“Hn” said Sasuke nodding. Friendships huh, well Sakura and Naruto were the only people in the village he would say are his friends.

He appreciated Karin though, if he ever met her in this life, he would remember to repay the debt for sure.

“Seriously… Cha you guys… Of course, you are really and truly my daughter” said Sakura while serving the family dinner.

“You’re so silly” said Sakura with hands on her hips.

“Um” said Sarada nodding sadly.

“I’m sorry too, Dad” said Sarada looking at Sasuke.

“Don’t worry about it. You probably took after me in that aspect” said Sasuke smiling. Fucking Smiling. Sasuke was SMILING.

“Well, guess he can smile too huh” said Jiraiya with a smile.

“No kidding, she did take after teme’s bad habits” said Naruto.

“The stubbornness and savviness do remind me of Sasuke” said Kakashi chuckling.

“Wow” said Sakura in surprise, this scene was a dream coming true for her.

Everyone was happy for Sasuke, regardless of his actions in the future, everyone was aware of what Sasuke went through in his childhood, even the genins had a hint of it.

Sasuke himself however, had a forlorn expression.

Family huh…

But, Sasuke thought bonds were useless, they only held back his ambitions.

He didn’t have time for playing friendships, he had to get stronger to kill Itachi… That’s what he thought at least…

But even so, he sacrificed everything for Naruto in the wave, he shouldn’t have, but his body moved on its own. It pissed him off, that the dobe had become so close to him that Sasuke could throw his ambition away for him. That can’t happen, he didn’t have the right to decide that… he had to cling on pathetically to life, until he succeeded in his mission.

But the more he looked at his future, the more he longed for it… a family. Something, he figured, he didn’t deserve… not until he brought the murderer of his clan to justice.

Even now… he thought that… but Sasuke had never thought about what he would do after killing Itachi. Restore his clan, yes? But finding happiness… he didn’t deserve it, not when he couldn’t protect anything… didn’t he?

Yet, he wanted some resemblance to his life before the massacre back… somewhere in his heart.

But he didn’t want to accept that… Sasuke was scared that if he truly bonded with people, it would ease his pain… his loss… and he would grow weak, he would forget his revenge.

But that can’t happen… he was an avenger.

He knew that…. Even so, his heart desperately wanted what was shown in the screen.

But, Sasuke knew, Itachi was an unbeatable enemy, he never managed to beat Itachi, ever… he didn’t accept it, but he sometimes thought if Itachi was truly someone he could beat alone.

But he had to, if he couldn’t do that… his nightmares won’t go away.

So, he always tried to follow the shadow of his brother, that was the only way to become stronger. He graduated as the rookie of the year just as planned.

Now he had to become as strong as Itachi, he must be the strongest in his age group… Itachi was unmatched in his time.

Sasuke hated the fact he turned traitor, that he was used by Orochimaru… but he knew why his future self do it… he had an idea at least.

His future self must have felt he was weak, he must have been disappointed in the strength the village provided him. So, he had no choice but to follow on the same path of his brother… chase his shadow.

But was that truly the right choice? No… of course that was the right choice, he hated to admit it but if he wanted to beat Itachi, he had to become like him, merciless, heartless, he had to live on pathetically until he managed to kill him.

But then why did his heart yearn so much for what was shown in the screen.

‘I did promise to not make the same mistakes as my future self, if by viewing this future, I can gain strength quicker, then maybe I can stay here…’ thought Sasuke glancing at team 7 for a moment.

Sarada smiled at her father hearing his reassuring words. Sakura smiled too looking at her family.

Soon, morning came.

It seems the Uchiha family was ready for Sasuke’s departure. They were standing in the gates of Konoha.

“So soon…” said Tenten sadly.

Sakura looked a bit down as well.

“It’s the burden of being a spymaster… especially for him, with his rinnegan, according to his future self he is the only one with one” said Jiraiya understanding Sasuke’s standing.

“When will you be home next?” asked Sarada sadly, her voice almost breaking.

Sasuke had a very sad expression on his face.

Sasuke didn’t like seeing himself so vulnerable, so he frowned. But, his expression reminded him of his yearning for bonds… for family.

Sakura looked sad as well.

“Come on, you could stay a bit longer, can’t you?” asked Naruto sadly. He didn’t like seeing his friends so sad.

“Sometimes, things are difficult like this, Naruto” said Kakashi shaking his head. Naruto sighed sadly.

“What you are doing for Konoha in the future is admirable Sasuke” said Shikaku acknowledging Sasuke’s sacrifice.

Sasuke nodded towards the man.

“Of course, I have to redeem myself apparently” said Sasuke.

Sasuke hugged his daughter kneeling down as Sakura watched with a smile on her face.

“Dad…” said Sarada almost crying.

“Don’t make such a sad face” said Sasuke smiling at her.

Then Sasuke slowly tapped her forehead with two of his fingers.

“Till next time” said Sasuke softly.

Sarada remembered what Sakura told her about something being better than the kiss, she finally understood what she was talking about. Sarada blushed and touched her forehead happily before looking at mother with s sign recognition on her face, as Sakura grinned before coming forwards towards Sasuke.

Almost all the people in the room thought it was a very happy scene. Even Hiashi had a pleasant expression.

Sasuke let out a choking sound.

“Sasuke-kun” said Sakura worriedly.

Sasuke didn’t say anything and looked at the screen intently.

What the hell happened in the future… why, why am I doing the same thing as him in the future?

That time with Shin too… exactly what happened between the two of us, how can I have no hostility towards Itachi.

“Here’s your lunch” said Sakura handing him a lunch box.

“Thanks” said Sasuke taking the box from her.

Sakura looked at Sasuke with a blush on her face, she was clearly expecting something.

“KYA” said Sakura squealing.

“A goodbye kiss huh” said Tenten.

“Tch” said both Ino and Naruto clicking their tongues.

Sarada could sense the between the two of them was different and was glancing at both of them.

“See you…” said Sasuke quickly and turned around.

“I’m gonna get going” said Sasuke and walked away slowly.

Sakura’s body shook disappointedly.

“Just a raincheck for me… Cha” said Sakura dejected as she and Sarada waved goodbye to Sasuke.

The scene shifted to show an Uchiha lunchbox.

“OOF” said Jiraiya wincing.

“Take a hint kid” said Asuma sighing.

“Ouch, I guess somethings never change” said Kakashi.

Present Sakura was a bit dejected as well.

“Sakura-chan, I can give you a kiss if you want” said Naruto and got instantly punched in the face by an angry Sakura.

Sasuke scoffed and looked away blushing.

“It’s in time like this you must show your YOUTHFULNESS Sasuke-kun” said Gai.

“Wise words sensei, I must abide by them” said Lee.

“Please don’t” said Tenten.

“I’ve decided” said Sarada as the screen shifted to the academy.

“Thanks” said Boruto sitting beside Sarada.

“Ah that’s my son there, why isn’t he wearing any orange?” asked Naruto.

“Good for him, I guess your wife was normal unlike you” said Ino scoffing.

“Hey” shouted Naruto indigently.

“You don’t have a sense for fashion dude” said Shikamaru shaking his head.

“For what?” asked Sarada.

“Delivering that lunchbox to my dad” said Boruto.

“Same here. Because of that, I’ve decided what my goal is… So… I should be thanking you” said Sarada smiling.

“Your goal?” asked Boruto.

“I can’t very well deliver lunch to everyone in the village… So… I have decided… I’m gonna become the Hokage” said Sarada glancing at Boruto.

“Oho” said Kakashi.

“It seems you have inspired her Naruto-kun” said Hiruzen smiling.

“Well, she has my support” said Naruto.

“Hn, she will be a better Hokage than you dobe” said Sasuke proudly.

“No way, I will be surpassing all the Hokages” said Naruto boasting.

“Well, you certainly did, that’s for sure” said Choji.

“Why can’t you be more like your adult self” said Sakura teasing Naruto who looked shocked.

‘An Uchiha Hokage huh, that will surely break the stigma’ thought Hiruzen.

Boruto looked at her in surprise before turning away and frowning.

The episode ended.

“It seems Boruto doesn’t support her though” said Lee.

“Maybe he sees her as a rival” said Choji.

“That definitely could be the case, there’s no reason he wouldn’t want to follow in his father’s footsteps” said Shino.

Naruto looked a bit troubled.

“Don’t worry Naruto, I am sure its not your fault” said Kakashi reassuring his sensei’s son.

“Yeah sensei, you’re right! I am worrying for no reason, thanks” said Naruto with a grin on his face as Kakashi returned the bright grin with an eye smile.

Asuma however thought differently.

‘Does he think the same way I used to think?’ thought Asuma frowning.

Kurenai looked at her not so secret boyfriend.

“It is already 9 am now, I have to start my job. You are all dismissed, we will meet again at a specially prepared room at 8 pm” said Hiruzen.

“Hai Hokage-sama” said everyone.


So, the next chapter is an interlude. After that we will go back to the present future, I have decided some changes in the roadmap of the story. I will be slowing down the pace of the fic and focus more on building stuff up. You can expect the next arc to cover all the major details of the preliminaries of the chunin exams from episode 31-63, in 20-25 chapters.

For my update schedule, suggestions, corrections and hanging out and discussing the story, I will implore you too join my discord server. It would make my day.

https://discord.gg/XVKmbErw4h

Ja ne.

3