Chapter 6: Visiting Brawam
137 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
A new chapter
Make sure to join the discord to get all the latest updates
https://discord.gg/vaGGTw8v67

HMS Queen Elizabeth
Northern Sea

Admiral Lucian Miller and his fleet were tasked with sailing north from Gibraltar, bypassing the nation adjacent to it, instead visiting the nation bordering that one to the north. It had taken them 115 hours to travel the almost 3200km at a leisurely speed of 15 knots. If speed had been necessary, they could have done it in just 53 hours as the warships in the fleet had all been measured to travel 32 knots before, but that would have pushed many of the ships to their very limits and meant having to leave behind the resupply ships that can only travel at 20 knots.

They were now only 50km from the city they had chosen as the place to meet the locals and had spotted patrol vessels 20km away from them, a fleet of 30 caracks. "Set an intercept course for those ships; this is the best way for us to meet with them, " Lucian ordered the Captain.

"Of course, Sir."


Captain James Morgan
Brawam Royal Navy

"Sir, the lookouts have spotted ships on the horizon; it may just be a trick of the eyes, but they look massive," a sailor burst into his room.

"Well then, have all men report to their battle stations and alert the rest of the ships. What do you mean by massive?"

"You'd better come and look yourself, Sir."

He left his cabin onto the aft of the ship and looked out onto the horizon. The sailor was correct; those ships did look large - and grey. Oh no. They looked like the Amel Empire's ships.

"You fools," he scolded his crew. "They must be from the Amel Empire; we must prepare a welcome party for them."

They scrambled to clean up the ships and prepare to welcome the big shots from the Amel Empire. When suddenly, "Sir, they aren't flying the flag of the Amel Empire. And their ships look different as well."

What did he mean, not the Amel Empire? Wait, was he wrong?

"If they aren't from the Amel Empire, who are they?" he questioned the man who had pointed it out.

"I don't know, Sir. I don't recognize the flag or the ships. The flag looks blue and white, with a red cross."

Hmm, that wasn't similar to any flag he knew. He had everyone return to their battle stations, just in case.

As the ships got closer, he could see the people on the approaching vessels all wore blue uniforms and held rifles. If they weren't from the Amel Empire, they must be from some other superpower - because rifles were rare. He had seen some once when delegates from the Amel Empire had visited the capital - he had been there on leave to visit family.

"Attention all ships, we bear no hostility to you - we come in peace," a voice suddenly came from the ships ahead of them. "Could you send someone to talk with us?"

"What kind of technology is that?" someone in his crew wondered aloud.

They said we should send someone to speak with them. Who should I send? I don't know if there's anyone I trust enough - I suppose I will have to go myself.

"Men, keep order on the ships; if I don't return, just run. You can't win this fight."

"Sir, are you sure you want to be the one to do this?" his second in command asked.

"I'm certain, now get to work."

Something was lowered from the side of one of the ships. There were people in it - it must be a boat.

The boat started moving. Slowly at first, but then getting faster quickly, it was coming straight towards his ship.

As it docked against his ship, one of the men onboard gestured for him to get in, so he did.

After he got in, the man introduced himself, "I'm Lieutenant Henderson of His Majesty's Royal Navy," he then extended his hand.

James shook the hand and introduced himself, "Captain James Morgan of the Brawamese Royal Navy."

"The Admiral would like to meet with you - he has an important matter to discuss, or so I'm told," the man - Lieutenant Henderson said.

They arrived at the Admiral's ship quickly - it was massive. It looked like one of the Amel Empire's Aircraft Carriers, but somehow even larger.

The dock at the back of the ship was also large and very helpful for getting out of the smaller boat. Usually, they would have had to climb up a rickety ladder to get up.

After boarding the ship, they walked through the hangar, where he could see massive aircraft parked. They looked even more so than the Amel Empire's, but he was probably imagining things - he had never seen one in person. 

They soon arrived at the bridge, and he saw the Admiral. He wasn't expecting someone who looked like that to be an admiral - it caught him off guard momentarily.

"Good afternoon - Captain?" He nodded at that, and the man continued, "I'm Admiral Miller - I'm here to deliver some diplomats to meet with your government," he hinted at the two men standing in the corner of the bridge. They appeared to be well-dressed and very formal.

"I can certainly help with that - I will have my men communicate with them about it," he informed the large man.

If you spot any mistakes, feel free to let me know in the comments

Please share this book with your friends so that more people see it

Patreon
Ko-fi

Sorry for the shorter chapter today

5