Chapter 2: Gibraltar
167 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
A new chapter
Make sure to join the discord to get all the latest updates
https://discord.gg/vaGGTw8v67

HMNB Portsmouth

Captain Tom Roberts looked over the fleet out of the large windows of the foremost island on HMS Queen Elizabeth, the assembled fleet was one of the largest assembled by the UK in decades. It was comprised of one Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carrier (HMS Queen Elizabeth), 4  Daring class destroyers (HMS Dauntless, HMS Diamond, HMS Defender and HMS Duncan), 4 Duke class frigates (HMS Northumberland, HMS Richmond, HMS Portland and HMS Somerset) and 2 Wave class resupply ships (RFA Wave Ruler and RFA Wave Knight). They were also accompanied by 47 Commando Royal Marines, a team of diplomats from the foreign office and an Astute class submarine (HMS Anson).

He had been selected to lead this massive fleet to make contact with some natives near Gibraltar. He had been confused to hear that, did they mean the Spanish? But he was surprised to be informed that the UK was no longer situated on the European continent, it wasn't even situated on Earth as far as they could tell.

Tom worried for his crew, this could end up being a hostile engagement in which, his men could be injured or even killed. But this was their job, when they are told to jump, they don't ask why. They do however ask how high because the UK's military isn't a bunch of unthinking buffoons, at least most aren't, they take feedback to heart and change their plans based on it.

"Captain, we are ready to depart," his chief mate George said excitedly. George had always enjoyed the time away from the country, viewing it as a vacation, but he had no family, he had no one to miss, and he didn't know what it was like. And he probably never would if he continued acting like he did. But this was no time for a rant about his chief mate. He had a ship to captain.

Fortunately, he didn't have to command the gargantuan fleet that had been assembled in Portsmouth. That duty fell to the man beside him, Admiral Lucian Miller. He was not the expected kind of man you would think of when someone says admiral, he was slightly portentous and he walked with a limp. But he was a good man, the men respected him for both his kind treatment of the men and his considerable intelligence.

"Admiral, we are prepared to depart port immediately, all men are accounted for," he reported the news to him.

He looked over at the pair of diplomats from the foreign office, "Good, then let us set sail for Gibraltar, we will be making a pit stop there. How on earth Gibraltar hasn't been discovered yet, when it's connected right to them, I have no clue."


Undisclosed Location, Skipia

General Luis Berry, Commander of the 2nd Legion, responsible for the protection of the entirety of eastern Skipia, marched into the command room. In the room, there were 3 of the 10 Colonels responsible for the 10 battalions in the legion, the First Sea Lord, Admiral Edric Gray and the 2nd Prince Leonel de Skipia. He bowed to the Prince before taking his seat.

The Prince started off the conversation, "Gentlemen, you have been summoned here today to talk about 2 mysterious events that have occurred over the last week. First off, a mysterious object high above northern Skipia appeared to have been going at speeds more than 100mph. Secondly, this fact is limited to those in this room and a few of my men, there appears to be a city that has appeared in the very east of the country, it is not near anything of import, so it has been unnoticed so far. Luis, I want you to mobilize these 3 battalions (30,000 men) to investigate. Edric, as the city appears to be a coastal city, I want you to send a fleet of 20 ships to blockade the city and cut off any reinforcements."

"Yes Sir," they both replied in unison.

"Don't do anything to the city yet, they could be a valuable asset to my plans, my brother still has the 3rd and 4th Legions firmly under his paws. Fortunately, they are both only half the size of your legion and the 1st Legion is only loyal to my father," the Prince continued.


Gibraltar

The journey went unexpectedly well. Some people had thought there might be sea monsters or pirates, but there were none and the sea was extraordinarily calm throughout the entirety of the journey. 

The fleet was currently moored in Gibraltar Harbour and Commodore Dylan Gómez Gomis was looking over it with Admiral Lucian Miller from atop the Rock of Gibraltar. They were stopped at the Queens Balcony viewing area and the view was incredible as always.

"Commodore, a C-17 carrying troops from the Royal Army is landing at RAF Gibraltar (The runway is shared with the Gibraltar International Airport) and there are also four typhoons landing soon. Should we greet the commander?" A lieutenant serving under the Royal Gibraltar Regiment asked.

"Yes, of course. Admiral, would you like to accompany us?" Dylan asked the intrigued-looking man beside him.

"Hmm, I think I would," the admiral replied.


RAF Gibraltar

Major Tobias Rogers stepped out of the aircraft, legs numb from the flight, followed by his 120-man company who were pulled from 5 rifles battalion to Gibraltar. He had been informed that instead of having their Warrior IFVs shipped over, they would be receiving brand-new Boxer IFVs. They would receive the Command and Control variant, Infantry Carrier variant, Ambulance variant and the brand new Overwatch variant.

"Welcome to Gibraltar, Major, I am Commodore Gómez and I will be your commanding officer for the duration of your stay here, I hope you enjoyed your flight," a burly man said as he took in the view of his surroundings.

"As much as any other flight with 120 men and women pestering me about our posting sir." The commodore chuckled slightly at that.

 A shorter, larger man then presented himself, "And I am Admiral Miller, don't expect to be here for very long though, I have to get going." He then turned to two other men behind them, "I am confused about why you two came by ship and didn't hitch a flight with these guys though."

The taller of the two replied in a refined tone, "We preferred to be acclimated to the environment on the ship as I envision us being on there for a while."

The Admiral's phone chimed before he communicated, "We leave port in 6 hours, if you have anything important to do while here, do it now, for we shall be gone for a while."

If you spot any mistakes, feel free to let me know in the comments

Please share this book with your friends so that more people see it

Patreon
Ko-fi

 

Should I continue to add hyperlinks to context for things like the ships?
  • Yes Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but with changes Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 6 · This poll was closed on Feb 17, 2024 06:57 PM.
5