Chapter 36: Red Eyes From Afar
1.9k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yang Yang slapped Seventh Sister Jade around for a while before pushing her away. She had a silly smile on her face as he got up. The pain in his left hand eventually faded and his magical power recovered, but he still did not dared to using anymore magic. Until he understood the causation of Everlasting Insanity, he would have to act carefully. 

 

He looked around and took in the scene before him. 

 

Much like the Arcane Grassland, the Arcane Mountain Range was filled with only mountains. However, each mountain thrived with life of all sorts. He could sense the breathe of nature, the voices of humans, the sounds of animals, and the wind that passed through him. 

 

Some mountains were shaped oddly like swords or people. Other mountains were filled with coursing rivers or raging fires. Yet, regardless of the oddity, there was life. Though, there was something vile mixed within the surrounding as well. 

 

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” Seventh Sister Jade walked up from behind him and hugged him. “The Arcane Mountain Range is said to have thousands of mountains, and each mountain had one tribe that inhabit it. This mountain here is known as Mount God’s Hand, and is home to the God’s Hand Tribe.” 

 

“Senior Sister Jade, aren’t you too close?” 

 

“Close? No, I don’t think so. Actually, I think we can get even closer.” She nibbled his ear, sending shock throughout his body. 

 

“This damn girl! If I get the opportunity, I’ll convert her to the Life God’s teachings.” Yang Yang forced himself out of the embrace. “Senior Sister Jade, stop. I can hear someone approaching.” 

 

The sounds of broken branches and rustling bushes made them look down. It was then that a little head poked out of the bushes. It was little girl, who stared at them in confusion and amazement. She turned to look at the warship, taking in the beautiful designs and sophisticated machinery. 

 

“Woah! That must a spaceship that grandpa always talked about! That’s the legendary spaceship that only appears every ten years!” She turned to look at the two people with fear in her beady eyes. “Are you the exalted immortals?” 

 

Yang Yang was confused, but Seventh Sister Jade nodded. “That’s right, child. We are exalted immortals.” 

 

The girl left the bushes and prostrated herself. He could see her visibly shaking while on her knees. “Greetings to the exalted immortals! This slave is Zi Ling’er! It is my blunder to be interfering with your sacred duty. Please forgive me.”  

 

The little girl spoke clearly and fluently, as though she had recited this particular speech multiple times. Seventh Sister Jade looked at her with indifferent eyes. “Go on. Leave. We have business right now.” 

 

“Hold on,” Yang Yang said. “You stay here. Senior Sister Jade, you need to explain to me. What’s going on here?” 

 

“Uh, Junior Brother Yang, it’s best if you leave this one to me. It’s really just what we do need to do around here with the locals and-”

 

Yang Yang gave her a front hand to the face. Seventh Sister Jade was knocked back and moaned in humiliated pleasure. The little girl dropped her jaw at what she had witness. 

 

“Answer me.” 

 

Seventh Sister Jade kneeled in front of him and gave him her explanation. The more she talked, the more he questioned. The more he questioned, the greater his rage became. 

 

Yang Yang’s eyes gleamed with coldness. 

 

......

 

In the Arcane Grassland, five figures in dark cloaks were moving at lightning speed. Four of them wore cloaks of black, while the leader wore a blood-red cloak. In the distance, they saw the wreckage of two warships. 

 

Seeing the numerous Grassland Guardians, the blood-red cloaked figure reached out a finger. A drop of blood appeared from the finger and burst into many swords of blood that chopped down all the green giants. 

 

The blood-red cloaked figure stared at the unresisting giants and mumbled to himself. He flew down with the other four people. Suddenly, a burst of wind blasted out a hole in the warship. It was Eldest Brother Yang and the other legacy students. In their arms were unconscious trio of the Bone Squad. 

 

The legacy student bowed at the leader and Eldest Brother narrated the story. The blood-red cloaked figure looked at the Bone Squad and nodded. 

 

“So this is the only spoils of war left, huh?” 

 

“Yes.” 

 

The leader sighed. 

 

“Arrest the three members of the Bone Squad. Oh, and arrest their families as well. Put them all on the list for the next Festival of Offering. It has been a while since we had traitors.” 

 

“Yes, Lord Third Cardinal.” The four people behind him collected the Bone Squad. The Third Cardinal looked at the legacy students and smiled. “Well I guess you’ll be rewarded. Oh? Where’s my little girl Jade Fei’er?” 

 

Eldest Brother Yang’s face was dark and grim, but he kept a brilliant smile. “She was unfortunately swept up in the conflict. I believe I saw her with Yang Yang, sir.” 

 

“Oh? Well that’t not good. She’s my favorite girl and I haven’t even tried her yet. Hey, aren’t you my loyal servant? Aren’t you suppose to protect your master’s woman? Huh?” The Third Cardinal kicked Eldest Brother Yang’s head while keeping up a mocking expression. 

 

“Ah! This slave is really foolish. I implore master to punish me!” 

 

“Tch! Hell no, you pervert. All of you, get yourself clean already. We’re leaving in five minutes. We need to prepare more offerings for the great festival. Let’s go bring in these small fishes first.”

 

”Yes, Lord Third Cardinal. Hail the Sacred Master! Glory to the Sacred Cult!” 

 

The legacy students spoke clearly, though, an exhaustive expression could be seen on their faces. Despite being students at the most prestigious school on Ivory Continent, they were like starving dogs before the Sacred Cult. Helpless and miserable creatures without much options. 

 

The group took the warships and left the Arcane Grassland. Unknown to them, a pair of red eyes were staring at them from a distance. Red eyes that burned with fury and malice at it looked at the Sacred Cult’s members.

 

The Third Cardinal swept his tenth-step Manifest Aspect level magical power around. He retracted his magical power when he didn’t it notice anything strange. “Hm? Freaky.” 

 

The Sacred Cult’s members entered a portal that lead to the higher layers. A few days after they departed, a dark shadow looked over the portal and then entered it as well. 

 

44