9. Friends pt. 2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Theo took out his musket and Leo opened his bible. Once they looked back they saw a white dog with empty eyes. Seeing those eyes, Theo pulled the trigger of his musket. Before the bullet went off some kind of force pushed both saints off the roof. Covered in a ruble they looked back at the roof and a small white dog changed into a big hound with many dark teeth. The fur around the monster’s neck grew and changed into a grey color. 

 

“I knew it! I told you! She is guilty!” Said Leo with a proud smile on his face knowing that he was right all this time. 

 

“Yeah, yeah… For now, let's take care of that thing.” Said Theo as he got out of the rubble and aimed his musket at the monster. 

 

“Right. What do you think? Level five?” Once Leo asked that question the dog howled and from the shadows walked dark dogs without eyes.

 

“If it can summon shadows then it must be level six or higher…” 

 

“I’ll take the dogs and join you after.”

 

“Okay.”

 

This time Theo fired his musket without any interruptions. The bullet hit the dog but didn’t do any visible damage. He got the dog's attention and ran away to give Leo some space. 

 

Even though Leo doesn’t see through the blindfold he opens the bible and reads word for word from the page he has right in front of him. While he was reciting the bible a box of latter was created and all the dogs were trapped in it. Before he could say “Amen” and finish the spell a dog attacked him from behind. With fangs deep in his leg he continued reciting and once he finished a bright light shined inside the cage and with it the dogs disappeared. 

 

He took one deep breath and looked at the dog that was biting him. He grabbed it by the face and pinned it to the ground. He punched the shadow and kicked it while cursing it the whole time. The shadow disappeared once he ripped off its jaw. 

 

“I feel better now!” Said Leo with a joyful voice and a smile on his face. “I just need to assist Theo…” 

 

Once he said that an explosion happened and covered the whole street in the dust. Through it, he was able to see the shape of Theo and the monster that looked a lot bigger and scarier. He reached his hand to his blindfold, grabbed it, and thought of taking it off. 

 

“No… It’s not a time for that.” 

 

Leo began to run toward the fight and suddenly got hit by flying Theo. Once the dust settled a monster appeared to be a big dog once again. 

 

“You didn’t damage it at all?!” Shouted Leo as he saw the dog without any wounds. 

 

“Physical attacks don’t work on him. I’m a range fighter and this shadow is always in my face. If only I was better in close combat!”

 

“Okay. I’m not good in close combat either but I’m a better option than you are.” Said Leo as he put away his Bible and took out the cross. 

 

Theo walked away to get the distance. The shadow had its eyes on him but stopped once he saw Leo blocking his path. The monster raised its paw and was going to slash Leo with its claws but once Leo pointed the cross at its claws the attack was stopped by an invisible force. 

 

“You can’t lie a finger on god’s possession you fiend.”  

 

Even though the attack was stopped the claws were slowly getting closer which surprised Leo.

 

“That can’t be. Even if he is stronger he should push my hand away and keep the distance but he is sinking into that force.” Thought Leo. 

 

With the help of the force from the cross, Leo pushed the monster's paw away. While its limb was in the air Theo shot it with a projectile that looked like a blue fire. It completely destroyed the monster's paw. The next bullet was covered in white fire once it hit the fire slowly spread around the monster's neck. It fell to the ground and rolled in it to put the fire away. 

 

In that moment the monster understood how strong those two are. Knowing that it would not stand a chance the monster began running away. Theo shot the monster in the head but before the bullet hit the monster changed. It separated itself into twenty smaller dogs and one of them was hit by the bullet. Leo was able to trap four of them in a box of letters and exercise them. Fifteen dogs escaped. Senzi finally came out and saw two saints with dirty clothes and weapons in their hands. 

 

“Ekh… What happened here?” Asked confused Senzi. 

 

“Do you remember that white dog? Well. It attacked us and ran away. And it’s definitely connected to that girl… Since it told us to stay away from her.” Explained Theo. 

 

“This definitely wasn’t the shadow that killed Victoria. The only thing that was similar was its color. Both of them were white shadows. I don’t know if you saw it, Theo. But the monster was able to get close to the cross. You know that it shouldn’t be possible for the shadows. This thing is abnormal.” Said Leo. 

 

“We need to hunt it down. It doesn’t look like it is after human blood but it is still a concerning matter.” Said Theo.

0