10. Friends pt. 3
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere in the forest near Paris, the girl played and laughed with her “friends”. She ran after white rabbits, hid from a white crow, petted a white wolf, and talked with a boy who hid his face behind a rabbit mask.  The white dog came to the girl to get its belly rubbed. The boy left and hid behind one of the trees where the other white dog was hiding.

 

“What happened… Why are you weaker?” Asked the boy. 

 

“They came… They were looking for Megan. I was able to manage one of them but two were too much.” Explained the white dog.

 

“They are after Megan…” Whispered the boy as he clenched his fist. The veins began to pop off in his arms and a drop of blood came out of his hand. “If they are after her… Then we have to hunt them down before they lay their hands on her. I’d like to kill them now… But we need information. Who are they? How strong are they? What are their weaknesses…”

 

“Let me do it!” 

 

“No. Pola is better suited for that task. While she is spying on them, we all will stay by Megan’s side. Like true friends… Like family…” Said the boy as he watched Megan play with another part of the dog. “Pola.”

 

As the boy said that a white crow landed right in front of him. Once it touched the ground the bird changed its shape into a girl in a white dress with feathers on the end of her sleeves and a crow mask. She was on her knees and face to the ground.

 

“Yes, Sami?” Said the girl. 

 

“Don’t call me by my name! Only Megan can do that!” Shouted the boy as he kicked the girl. 

 

She kneeled once more and apologized. “I’m sorry… What can I do for you, Rabbit.”

 

“Go to our home and spy on three humans that currently are there looking for us. One of them wears a blindfold, one looks sleepy, and one has partially white hair.”

 

Before leaving the girl kneeled once more and changed into the bird as she flew away toward Paris. She was able to spot them near the center in a restaurant. They were eating lunch after searching for the dog. This time there were four of them. Noah, Leo’s brother joined them.

 

“White hair, tired man, and a man with blindfold… who is the fourth guy. Sami didn’t say anything about him…” Thought the bird. 

 

Suddenly Noah looked right into the bird's eye through the window. The shocked bird hid further into the flat roof. Even though he saw her, he decided to ignore it and not bother.

 

“He saw me right away. Is he really a human?” Thought the bird as she carefully watched the exorcist eat.

 

“How are the preparations?” Asked Theo.

 

“I informed the Paris authorities about the upcoming event. They will block the area around the Eiffel Tower in the morning of the ritual and the cross is hidden and sealed near the top of the tower…” Said Noah as he yawned from time to time, making his speech longer than it normally would be.

 

“What about the barriers?” 

 

“I still have the time to do it. No need to rush.”

 

“I would’ve done it all in a day…” Said Theo but then he was interrupted by Leo.

 

“Remember. He is almost a Saint of Sloth. It’s normal for him to take the time before finishing it all.” Said Leo.

 

“He isn’t a saint yet…” Whispered Theo as he clenched his teeth in anger. 

 

Leo heard that but chose to ignore it since they were in one of his favorite restaurants and he didn’t want to make trouble for the people who make the best meals he ever ate. 

 

After a whole day of searching they split. Leo went back to his hotel and Theo with Senzi went to the monastery. Meanwhile, Noah was slowly preparing the barriers by placing candles on the ground and making a circle around them with salt and ashes. 

 

When the bird came back to the forest the girl was sleeping on a wolf and the dog lying on her. The boy with a rabbit mask was sitting on the branch of the tree awaiting the arrival of the bird. She sat beside him in the form of a crow. 

 

“What did you find out?” Asked the boy. 

 

“There was another man with them. As strong as all of them. With the exception of that boy. The blind one went to the hotel, the sleepy one and the one with white hair went to the castle on the hill. The fourth one went to the tower.” Explained the bird.

 

“Good. We’ll leave the one by the tower for now. You’ll go after the blind one while Vera will be taking care of the two in the castle.”

 

“You want me to go after one of them!?” 

 

“Is that a problem?” Said the boy with a serious tone.

 

“Not at all.” Said the girl once she heard the voice that gave her shivers.

0