11. Friends pt. 4
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Vera.” Said the boy and the wolf came as he commanded. 

 

The girl was now napping on two dogs that looked the same. She didn’t even notice the wolf walking away. She was too deep in her sleep to notice that. The wolf changed into a tall teenage girl with a smooth long white dress. She had white hair long enough to reach her hips. Like the others, she had a mask that looked like a wolf except her mouth was clearly visible. 

 

“Yes?” She asked.

 

“It’s time to hunt.” As the boy said that a wide smile appeared on Vera’s face with her fangs picking out and shining in the moonlight. 

 

Leo was sitting on a comfortably looking chair with a blue cushion, drinking a cup of warm dark tea. Because of boredom, he was playing Patience with a deck of cards left in his hotel room. From time to time he heard crows outside and it began to annoy him. He went to close the window but once he got close to it a swarm of crows flew into the room. The sheer number of birds pushed him to the door. Feeling the door handle pressed against his back he understood his position and left the room. 

 

He tried to understand what happened there. Why did the birds suddenly fly into the room? At least now he had time to breathe and think since he was alone. At least he thought before he felt someone's presence. At the end of the corridor stood a girl with a white skirt and crow mask. Behind her, white wings spread wide. 

 

“Is this an angel?” Thought to himself Leo.

 

The girl’s wings began to change color into a pitch black. At that moment Leo understood that this wasn’t an angel but a demon. As she began to move her wings a strong gust of wind pushed back Leo. It was hard to resist but he was handling it. Suddenly he felt pain in his shoulder. A feather was stuck deep in his flesh. He gave the girl one more look and noticed that more feathers were falling off. They were hard and the wind gave them speed and direction. The bird wasn’t the one cage unable to escape. It was Leo. 

 

“Who is that girl? Is she an exorcist? Or a cultist since she attacked me. Is she using spells from other religions? Maybe it’s a demonic power… I can’t sense anything specific… It’s more like it’s power of her own.”  

 

Leo took out the cross to defend himself with the power of a god. He tried to block the feathers with it but it didn’t stop them and that way the cross was destroyed. His hand got scratched by feathers and began to slightly bleed. 

 

“It’s not demonic power since the force of the cross didn’t stop them. Even got destroyed. Time for my second item.” 

 

Leo took out a bible and began reciting the words from it. A wall made of words appeared and blocked the crow girl’s attacks. There were so many feathers on the wall that they were covering the view. 

 

“Now is my turn to attack!” 

 

Leo changed pages and began chanting once again. Two small lights began to circle around him. Before he finished chanting he noticed that it became quiet… To quiet. Suddenly a giant white crow destroyed the barrier and grabbed Leo. The feathers followed them as they flew away and destroyed the wall of the building. The bird took Leo high in the sky away from the ground and released him. As he was falling the bird moved its wings to make him fall faster and sent more feathers after him. Seeing the man hit the ground and getting hit by the feathers the crow flew away. 

 

“That should be more than enough to kill him.” Thought the bird.

 

The bird was too far away to hear it but Leo was alive. He was rolling on the ground in pain and cursing the crow. After a moment he stood up cracked his bones and put in place his dislocated shoulder. 

 

“This! This shit! It must be connected to that dog! Next time… I’M GOING ALL OUT! Wait!” Leo calmed down and he thought about the situation. “I need to check on Theo. They might have been attacked or they will be next. FUCK! Now I need to run to that monastery on the hill!”

 

Unfortunately, both monsters attacked at the same time. The wolf approached the gates of the monastery and had a big grin on her face. Suddenly the gates were destroyed leaving only a metal frame and wooden planks connected to that. The sound of breaking the gate woke up everyone in the monastery. 

 

Since the monastery was a place for both monks and exorcists, a few of them were patrolling the grounds. Two exorcists approached the gates to check what happened. Before the dust stalled down one of them was grabbed and pulled into the dust. The second exorcist only could hear screams and the sound of a growling wolf. He was able to see a silhouette of a three-meter-tall werewolf with big claws and thick fur stretching down its back. Under it, there was the dead body of his fellow exorcist with a torn-out stomach. 

 

The man was even more surprised once he saw the color of the monster. He thought it was a shadow but once he saw a white color he was confused but for most he was scared. The monster licked off the blood from its teeth and looked and the second exorcist. 

 

“More pray to hunt.” Said the werewolf.

0