14. Part Of Family pt. 2
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She spread her wings even further and made her feathers rain on Noah. Once again she fought that this attack was enough to kill her opponent but Noah wasn’t in the place where he was standing. He was on the top of the hill near the cave where his sword landed. 

 

“How did you?!” 

 

“You said no chain will reach you? That might be true for normal ones.” 

 

Noah threw his sword and the girl once again thought that there was no way for the chain to reach her. Then she realized that it was still flying toward her and there was no way for that man to carry this long chain under his coat. She flew higher and the sword was still going toward her. Before it hit her she flew to the side but the sword followed her and it wrapped around her. Noah pulled the chain and made the girl fall.

 

“This was a similar height to the fall that my brother survived… How about you?” Asked Noah as he looked toward the dust in the air awaiting to see an injured girl. He only saw her on the ground with her white dress being now dirty. “Should have expected that. But look. Your dress now matches your black wings… That’s a more appropriate look for a shadow than an angel.” 

 

“How… Dare you…” Said the girl as her mask fell off and revealed her face. She was missing one eye and had a scar on the side of her mouth. Her eye turned dark and Noah felt the pressure that was rising in the air. 

 

“Now this… Should show them that I deserve the spot of Saint Of Sloth…” Whispered Noah as a smile appeared on his face and his sword changed color into a pitch black.

 

At the same time, they threw their weapons. Noah threw his sword and Pola threw her feathers. While Pola aimed toward the man, Noah threw his sword above her. Before the feathers reached him he was pulled by the chain that was no longer stretching. She ripped off one of her biggest feathers and used it to defend herself from Noah's attack. 

 

“You want a sword fight?” Asked Noah.

 

“You wish!” She shouted as she flaw backwards between the trees. “He can’t reach me with a chain if I’m always moving away from it.” She thought. 

 

Noah dashed toward her trying to reach her but he wasn’t able to get close enough. For a few seconds, she wasn’t able to see him between the trees but once she did she noticed that something was off. He no longer had his sword in his hands. From behind the tree, a sword appeared and cut off one of her wings. She fell to the ground and hit the tree. 

 

“How did you… It shouldn’t be possible…” She said and grabbed her wounded back. 

 

“If it was a normal chain. I can move it however I want without touching it.” Explained Noah as his sword was above him pointing at the girl like it was a scorpion’s tail ready to pierce his prey. 

 

The girl first looked scared but then she began to smile. “Maybe you have a chance against him…”

 

“Against who?”

 

“The Rabbit… The one who is ordering us around… If you kill him… Then I can go in peace…”

 

“Fine. I’ll hunt that Rabbit for you but first. Where is the boy?”

 

“In the cave on that hill.”

 

Noah wrapped the chain around the girl and kept her close so she wouldn’t escape. Even though she wasn’t thinking about it all. She wanted something else. She wanted to see that Rabbit die. 

 

“So… Where is he?” Asked Noah as he didn’t see Senzi anywhere in that cave. 

 

“That’s him.” Said Pola as he pointed her finger at the black and white cat in the corner of the cave. 

 

“Really funny…” Said Noah with an annoyed voice and a sword placed by the girl’s throat. 

 

“I’m telling you the truth… That’s the power of Rabbit. He can make people part of the family and change them into animals.”

 

“So the girl isn’t a necromancer?”

 

“Megan? No! She is a normal girl.”

 

The cat approached the man and mowed but the second time it was a normal voice. “Mister Noah! What is happening? And… Were you always this tall?”

 

“Senzi… is that you?”

 

“Yes! Can’t you tell?”

 

“Well… You look less human than I remember?” 

 

“Less human?” Senzi looked down just to see the black paws of a cat. The fur on his back rose as he gave out a scream. “What happened to me?! Why am I a cat?!” Said Senzi as he rolled on the ground.

 

“Is there a way to change him back?” Asked Noah.

 

“Killing the Rabbit might help. After all, he is the one who cursed him.” Answered the girl. 

 

“It’s you… Why is Pola in chains?” Asked Senzi.

 

“Because she is the shadow that took you.” Explained Noah.

 

Senzi wanted to say something but the girl was faster to answer. “That’s true. I’m the one who took you. But I have no ill will toward you. I had to obey the Rabbit. The only one I respect is Megan. I didn’t kill you because you were the one who gave her back the plushy.”

 

“I was telling them that Megan isn’t bad!” Said Senzi with a slightly proud tone as he was right from the beginning.

“All right. Then let’s go kill that Rabbit and end that problem.” Said Noah.

0