15. Part Of Family pt. 3
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo was wandering around trying to follow the trail of energy connected to the corpse. He was more annoyed by each minute because the path wasn’t simple and sometimes he walked around the same area for a few minutes. His patience reached its pinnacle once he steeped in a poo. 

 

“THAT’S IT! I’M KILLING THIS SHADOW INSTANTLY ONCE I SEE IT!” Shouted Leo as he began running. 

 

Hiding behind the branches of the tree stood a small copy of the dog and it laughed while looking at the angered exorcist. He misled him around on purpose. 

 

Leo didn’t even realize it but he was back at the place where he started following the path of energy that linked the dead body. He knew something was wrong once he walked past a damaged tree. It was a tree that he once punched while he was annoyed. Once he focused on the path he noticed that it didn’t have an end but it slowly disappeared. While the two paths that Noah and Theo took were still there.

 

“No point in walking around… Guess I’ll go toward Theo since he is the closest one.”

 

Theo was expecting some kind of trap or the enemy hiding and waiting for the opportunity to attack but once he reached the destination he saw a boy with a Rabbit mask in front of an extinguished campfire with fresh smoke coming out of it. Theo had his musket aimed at the boy. 

 

“Where is the girl?”

 

“The girl? I think you’re hunting the wrong person… Your prey is right in front of you. I am the one you’re after.”

 

“You’re the necromancer?!” 

 

“Oh. So you figured it out already?”

 

“If you’re the necromancer then who is that girl?”

 

“Megan is just part of my family… I’m here to ensure that the whole family is alive in one way or another. And help her keep friends close. Like that boy.”

 

“Seniz…”

 

“And my duty is to protect her from the people like you!” 

 

Roten hands came out of the ground and grabbed Theo’s legs. They weren’t strong enough to hold him but they made him look down and that gave opportunity for the Rabbit to attack. A knife hit Theo in the shoulder. The Rabbit ran toward him and pushed the knife further into his shoulder. Theo was able to shoot one bullet and hit the Rabbit. One bullet was enough to tear his leg off. Theo thought that he had won right now and aimed the musket at the boy's head but a flying bird took the bullet. 

 

“What the fuck!” Shouted Theo as he noticed that it was only the bones of the bird. 

 

“Rabbit usually is a prey… But right now you’re on my hunting grounds.” 

 

From the ground rose two wolves' corpses. They both shielded the boy from Theo’s musket. This whole time he had this feeling of unease. Then he heard the sound of flapping wings. Coming from behind were thousands of birds. Or at least what was left of them. Theo threw a stick of dynamite as fast as he could and it blew up almost in front of him. He stood his ground but the smoke covered the whole area. 

 

Theo noticed a silhouette of a human coming toward him. He pulled the trigger and blew up the silhouette’s head. Suddenly someone grabbed his musket. One hit with his knee, the Rabbit destroyed Theo’s weapon. Once he looked where to attack next he saw Theo with a lighter next to his mouth. He spit something from his mouth and it lit the Rabbit in blue flames. The Rabbit rolled on the ground while screaming. Theo watched as the body slowly turned into ashes. 

 

*Clap* *Clap* *Clap*

 

“Now I understand why Vera was defeated.” As Theo heard the cold voice of the Rabbit he got chills through his whole body. ”You’re not an ordinary exorcist. You must be an executioner. I don’t know much about you but one exorcist was talking about you. The strongest exorcists of Europe. If you are one of the strongest then I don’t have anything to worry about.”

 

The Rabbit was sure of his victory but this thought was clouded once he heard Theo silently laughing.

 

“That’s right… I’m not the strongest… I’m not the most popular… I’m not the richest… I’m envoys of those above me… But I’m most envoys of those who can peacefully sleep at night and that’s my work to assure that!”

 

Theo took out a knife. The Rabbit was ready for an attack but Theo didn’t use it against the Rabbit but on himself. He cut his finger and painted a symbol with his blood. 

 

“May the blood of the envied one serve as an apology for my sin.” 

 

As Theo said the chant a rapier rose from the ground. It had a dark red color and a small guard that was practically pointless. Although it looked like a simple weapon the Rabbit felt the danger that this weapon held. 

 

“Since you know so little about executioners I guess you know nothing about saints of sins. Let me teach you something about us. One of the seven deadly sins was forgiven for us and those gave us strength above most humans. The power that gave us this strength are weapon of sins. This rapier is the representation of my greed and its name is Scarlet Sugere.”

 

Before the Rabbit could even react he was stabbed by the Scarlet Sugere. He was able to jump away and only got a little scratch. Although it barely touched him he felt that something was off about him. 

 

“It wasn’t a strong attack… Yet it did something more impactful than hurting me… but what is it…” The Rabbit tried to figure out the mysterious weapon held by his opponent.

0