19. Christmas Night pt. 2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The area around the tower was closed off and controlled by the police. Right under the tower under a blanket slept Noah who was “guarding” the place for the night. The Eiffel Tower was surrounded by a circle made of salt. For normal people, it was just a salt but in reality, it was a barrier protecting from evil spirits. 

 

Behind the circle, there were set traps that would only activate against shadows. There were symbols made with chalk. Outside the Eiffel Tower, there were bowls with herbs in them. Before the ritual, the herbs would be set on fire. The smoke coming from them weakens the shadows. 

 

“Looks like Noah did well with the preparations. Now… The sun is setting. I’ll start the ritual. Senzi you’re coming with me. The two of you will guard this place just in case.” Explained Theo.

 

“Sure thing…”

 

While Theo and Senzi were climbing the tower, Theo explained everything to his student.

 

“I’ll be on the top of the tower. You’ll wait below me. I can’t be interrupted so don’t try to wake me up. While performing the ritual I won’t be able to hear you and my eyes will be closed this whole time. If anything will come our way ask Noah for help. He will be able to assist you even from down there.” Explained Theo.

 

“Yes, master!”

 

Theo sat on the top floor surrounded by the candles. He lit only one of them. He closed his eyes and began preying. The fire began moving onto other candles. Once all of them were lit they changed colors. The fire was blue and calm. Not moved by the wind but only by Theo’s prayers. 

 

“When can we clock out?” Asked one of the policemen patrolling the area around the Eiffel Tower behind the fence. 

 

“I think we can go now. They didn’t say we have to switch with anyone. Just guard till the sun goes down…” The policeman explained but stopped when he saw someone standing by the fence, looking at the tower. He approached the person. “Apologies but the place is off-limits for the time being. You can come ba-”

 

When he grabbed the man by the shoulder he jumped the policeman and bit his neck. The other policeman watched that happen right in front of his eyes. He wanted to act but then saw the pale face of the attacker. He didn’t look like someone who was still breathing. He wanted to run away but he bumped into something. Once he turned around he was hit in the face by something with claws but he didn’t know what because his eyes got injured. Before dying he was able to let out a scream. 

 

“Huh. You heard that?” Asked Leo.

 

“I did. But I don’t speak French…”

 

“That wasn’t a word… It was a scream!”

 

“I don’t know how French people scream.”

 

“They scream like any other human being!”

 

Leo looked toward the way he heard the scream and saw a shadow walking toward the tower. It looked like a human. Before even approaching them it looked around but it did step on the trap and was burned by a white flame. The smoke made by the burning herbs blocked its vision. 

 

A couple more began coming their way. More traps were activated but then one of the shadows stepped on the trap and it didn’t activate.

 

“I think one trap didn’t work out…” Said Leo.

 

“Impossible. You check them after all.” Said Noah.

 

“Something slipped from our watchful eyes…” Said Leo but he changed his opinion once he saw more traps not working. “What the hell?! Four traps?! That’s not possible!”

 

Noah was lying under his blanket but once he heard that he stood up like he was splashed with cold water.

 

“Those aren’t shadows!” Shouted Noah.

 

“Then what are they?!”

 

Suddenly from the fog walked out something that could only be called a monster. It was everything and pale. As tall as two men with six long arms coming out of its body. His nails were long and almost looked like claws. The part of the monster that both executioners recognized was its head. It had a rabbit mask.

 

“Shouldn’t he be dead?!” Shouted Leo.

 

“It was a necromancer after all… He probably sacrifices his soul to take revenge on us… And those aren’t shadows. Those are undead.”

 

“If he sacrificed his soul then he is like an evil spirit. He shouldn’t be able to cross that barrier.”

 

The monster raised its head and let out a horrifying scream. It was enough to leave both executioners in shock and give them a fright of how powerful this monster might be. The monster ran to the barrier and hit it with its claws. Just with one hit the barrier was destroyed. 

 

“One hit?! Was he that strong?” Shouted Leo.

 

“No! Sacrificing his soul gave him more power. He must be level six right now. A level higher than last time.”

0