20. Christmas Night pt. 3
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo opened his book and began reciting words from it. The rabbit monster was trapped inside the box made of words. Before Leo could end reciting the monster destroyed the box it was trapped in. Right after freeing itself, it was able to grab a knife thrown by Noah. 

 

“Pirce.” 

 

Suddenly the knife flew out of the monster’s hand and went through its stomach. The monster let out another scream and grabbed one of the undeads standing beside him. He threw him toward Noah. He sliced the body in half with his sword but right after that the bones in that body extended and pierced Noah’s flesh. 

 

“Noah!” Shouted Leo as he looked at his brother. In that split second, the monster ran to him and punched him in the side. The monster ignored Leo and went toward Noah. He raised one of his claws at Noah but what he didn’t notice was that Noah didn’t have his sword in hand. Before the monster could slash Noah its hand was sliced off by a flying sword with a chain attached to it. 

 

“That one hit… TOTALY WOKE ME UP!” Shouted Naoh with his eyes wide open. He grabbed a knife from under his coat and aimed it and the monster’s stomach. His eyes widened even more once he saw the monster spreading wings. The wind was strong enough to push him away and lose the grip of his knife.

 

The monster ripped off two of his arms and they changed shape into smaller version of him but with only two arms. It tried to fly but the wings were too small to lift him up. It began climbing the tower while the original kept its eyes on Noah. For a second it wanted to check if Leo was still down but once its eyes went away from Noah it saw a blade right by its face. The monster barely avoided the attack but the chain did grab its neck and pulled him away.

 

“Keep your eyes on me!” Shouted Noah. 

 

“What is that noise down there? Are there that many shadows?” Asked himself Senzi. He wasn’t able to see much because of the smoke and how far away it was from him. 

 

He heard the doors opening behind him. He took out a golden knife, ready to strike the shadow coming his way. But once he turned around he saw a man walking toward him.

 

“Uhm… Sorry sir… The building is closed right now… I’d ask you to leave this place… Sir?” Talked Senzi as the man walked toward him. 

 

He was almost face-to-face with the man. When the mean leaned toward him Senzi noticed his face and awful smell coming from him. The undead gritted his teeth at Senzi. Right at that moment he got so scared that he turned himself into the cat and avoided the bite. 

 

He grabbed the knife with his cat mouth and ran away to a safe distance where he turned back into a human. He offered the blood to the knife and it changed into a sword. 

 

“He isn’t a shadow… But he isn’t a human either… Can I fight him? I know I can exorcize shadows but nothing about this.” Senzi thought about the situation. Not knowing what to do. He waved his sword hoping to keep the undead away but he walked forward and got stabbed with the sword into the stomach. 

 

“Theo! Senzi! Look out!” 

 

Something flew up the tower right beside Senzi and following it was Leo without his blindfold. His eyes were red and tears made of blood ran down his chicks. Once he looked up he saw a monster with wings and a rabbit mask. While he was looking up the undead got close enough to attack Senzi. Leo landed on the undead and smashed its head.

 

“Don’t hesitate to kill those. They are dead. Moving dolls.” Leo knew that Senzi hesitated to kill them so he explained the situation to him. “And that fucker up there is the rabbit who sacrificed his soul to get revenge on us. Or at least part of him. It looks like he has the powers of his servants. Wings, ability to split himself, and powers of that werewolf.” Leo explained further. 

 

“Now that I think about it… Each one of them had an ability that matched the animal… Maybe Senzi got the power of his animal and he doesn’t know it.”

 

While Leo was lost in thoughts he got hit by one of the feathers flying toward them. He almost lost his pouser but he was reminded that Senzi was standing right beside him. He turned around expecting to see him with a feather implied into Senzi's body but he saw him standing still and the feather right behind him. 

 

“Are you alright?!” 

 

“Yes! I think…”

 

“Lucky him. Somehow he missed Senzi.” Thought to himself Leo. “Damn it! I’m not pulling anything back!” Shouted Leo as he used the blood coming from his eyes to paint a symbol on the ground.

 

“May the blood of the wrathful one serve as an apology for my sin!” 

 

A black spear rose from the ground and once Leo grabbed it, the spear changed the color to dark red. Even though the monster was far away from him he moved his spear like he was going to thrust the monster with it. A dark red flames came out of the spear and hit the flying monster. 

 

He had a smile for a moment until he noticed that the monster was still alive. It used the feathers to shield itself from the fire. The feathers slowly fell down, covered in dark red flames. Leo greathed his teeth and the spear’s color was getting slightly brighter. The same thing happened to flames on the feathers. The fire was getting lighter, stronger, and hotter. 

 

“This spear is the representation of my wrath! And it’s name is Flammeum Iram.”

 

“He already is using his trump card?” Whispered Noah as he saw flames coming from the top of the tower. “I can’t allow that monster to climb the tower nor even touch it. Looks like I have to use my trump card.”

 

Noah stuck his sword into the ground and placed both of his hands on the handle. “Spell activate. Lucid Dream.” Noah turned his sword and the ground in front of him collapsed. The monster fell down to the hole and Noah jumped after him. 

 

The monster spread its wings wanting to fly away from here but Noah cut off one of the wings while falling. Once the monster landed it found itself in the middle of the forest.

 

“Remember that place? This is where you died…” Said Noah but the voice was coming from everywhere. The monster couldn’t pin down his exact location. The monster heard the sound of a breaking stick. It dash toward that with his claws but there was nothing. An empty space. Then it looked at the ground and saw only grass but no ground. Then a sword came out of it and stabbed him in the stomach then a hand appeard and moved the sword to slice the stomach wide open. 

 

The monster wanted to grab Noah but once its hand got down it hit the ground. The ground that wasn’t there before. The confused monster jumped away toward the trees but once it lay against the tree a chain appeared and wrapped itself around the monster. Nolah appeared once again with his sword and sliced off the monster’s foot. The monster broke the chain and bore its claws toward Noah.

 

“Time to wake up.”

 

Noah opened his eyes and he was standing by the Eiffel Tower with the monster in the same place it was earlier. He picked up the sword from the ground and the monster fell to its knees but it didn’t have the wounds it had in the forest.

 

“Those wounds aren’t real. They are in your mind. That’s why it's impossible to heal them with spells.” Noah slowly approached the monster as he explained the truth about his spell. “Now… Goodbye for good.”Noah stabbed the monster in the heart and then to make sure he sliced the head off. 

 

“Something doesn’t feel right…”

 

Senzi watched Leo unleash flames from his spear that covered almost the whole ground around the Eiffel Tower. The monster had avoided his flames earlier but now it only could block them. It stopped in one place and the wings grew larger. With one swing most of the feathers fell out and scattered in the air. Annoyed Leo once again swung his spear to spread the flames. Once he did that he no longer could see the monster because of the burning feathers and smoke.

 

“Mister Leo! Look out!” Senzi ran to Leo and pushed him to the ground. A monster flew right above them with the claws aimed at Leo’s previous position. It didn’t catch the executioner but it was able to get something else.

 

“My spear! Give it back!” Leo was able to dash toward the monster and get a hold of its leg. He no longer had the power of the spear but the flames of his anger expanded from his soul to his fist. He punched the monster's leg and with the fire he burned it off. Unfortunately, the monster did get away.

 

“That was amazing Mister Leo!” 

 

“Uhh… What…” Leo looked at his burning hand. “That’s… New…”

 

“You’ll pay… You’ll pay. You’ll pay. You’ll pay! You’ll pay! YOU’LL PAY!” The monster shouted as its color changed from white to dark.

 

“He became a shadow… level… seven?” Whispered Leo as he got shivers just by the presence of the monster.

0