Chapter 212: Hu Tao Vs Wan Qing Continued!
1.6k 3 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Comment/Review on the story readers and give me ideas on possible xianxia things you want to see! No guarantees that I will add what you want. But it helps to have ideas out there. Please point out any mistakes you notice or anything you're not clear about. I'll try to answer them and fix them to the best of my abilities.


“Did I scare ya?” Hu Tao laughed as three clones appeared next to him mimicking his exact movements. 

  Unlike the clones that came out of his shadow from earlier, these were different types of clones. They were speed clones! Clones that were just as tangible and powerful as Hu Tao himself. Because it was Hu Tao, just a Hu Tao that was able to move so fast that he was able to be in more than two places at once. This technique was a part of his movement art that was gifted to him by Jing. The Wolf Pack Hunts Together. It brought to life the movements of a wolf pack in a single martial artist. 

“You should be the one scared. At this distance, I am invincible.” Qing confidently declared. 

“And they call me arrogant! Bwahahaha!” In the midst of his laughing, he suddenly vanished. 

  Heading straight for Wan Qing without giving any indication he was going to attack beforehand! Qing scoffed in response to this. She simply swung her fan without holding anything back. Infusing most of her qi into her fan bringing its power to even greater heights than usual. The giant butterfly behind her flapped its wings once to aid her. 

“Have you always been this fucking powerful!?” Hu Tao shouted as he was blasted out of the building by an unstoppable gust of wind. 

  The ancient tomb itself began to break down and collect around Qing’s wind blast before it started spiraling into the air. Branches from the gigantic trees, rocks, fog, and more debris from the tomb were swallowed up by the typhoon controlled by Qing. It grew larger and wider as Wan Qing finished eating one of the two mushrooms from before, allowing her to increase the size of the tornado even more. 

  After crashing through several branches and smashing his back against a thick ass tree trunk, Hu Tao got a good damn look at the insane bitch he was fighting. That cyclone was reaching the same heights as the creepy ass trees. Meaning that it was just as fucking tall as a damn mountain. This ghost forest didn’t seem to stand a chance against it as it tore its way through without giving a shit. 

“This bitch has been holding out on me.” Hu Tao couldn’t be happier to see such a thing. 

  The chains wrapped around his body began to float seemingly on their own as they began to unwrap themselves from Hu Tao. His chains littered the ground around him while the ball end of the chain floated behind his back. He got on all fours like a wolf as he brought his body to its limit. Five identical speed clones appeared on the left and right of him. 

“Let’s see how fun you really are!” The wolf pack howled as they sped through the forest together. 

  Weaving through the trees, leaping over branches, jumping from tree to tree, the wolves could see their prey inside the center of the tornado as it ravaged the lands. She flew along on top of her fan while searching the lands below. Hu Tao knew that jumping in the middle of that destructive whirlwind was the same as committing suicide. Just by looking at the destroyed path behind it was enough to tell him of its strength. It even uprooted some of the trees! 

  Looking at the big ass typhoon did give him an idea though. Hu Tao erased his speed clones before surging his qi into his chain. He sent his chain coiling and twisting into the air. The endless chain continued to swirl and wind far into the sky until it matched Qing’s tornado in size and shape! It didn’t have the same suction power as hers’s but its power was definitely superior. 

  Hu Tao’s chains were unbreakable while Wan Qing’s wind was fueled solely by her qi, control over her qi, and the butterflies. As Hu Tao’s Cyclone of Chains neared Wan Qing’s Everlasting Hurricane, the two began to contest in power. Neither side seemed to have the advantage in power as it went back and forth with each of them. Hu Tao’s Cyclone of Chain could not increase its strength while Wan Qing’s Everlasting Hurricane could do so by sucking up more and more of the nearby surroundings. But just because it wasn’t capable of growing stronger didn’t mean it was any lesser. This was because the chains were tearing through everything sucked up by Qing’s tornado but to respond to this, it just sucked up more of the surroundings. 

  Eventually, the stalemate could not continue for that much longer. In about a single minute, both fighters changed their strategy up. The Cyclone of Chains released a single chain that pierced its way into Wan Qing’s typhoon. It sped straight towards Wan Qing herself to put an end to this battle. Wan Qing stood up on her fan and laughed as the chain speared its way through her chest. 

“I win.” She spoke with a hole through her torso and blood leaking from the corner of her lips. 

“What the hell are you saying?” Hu Tao questioned. 

  All of the junk gathered from the Sissy’s technique began falling and crashing around Hu Tao. Wan Qing was also a part of the things falling from the sky. Hu Tao walked over to her about-to-be corpse and something was bothering him about it. She was still smiling. He knew she wasn’t the type to smile if she lost. What was going on? 

“Die.” Wan Qing softly said. 

  Hu Tao instincts went into overdrive as he felt something approaching him. Something dangerous. Something he couldn’t see! Momentarily, he tapped into the powers residing within his chain. Becoming a being of lightning and thunder for only one moment. 

  That one moment was all he needed to realize that he’s been inside an illusion, the entire time. Hu Tao reawakened back at the ancient tomb before narrowly dodging Wan Qing’s wind blade sent from her fan. He leaped up to the ceiling of the room and took in the condition of his own body. Blood leaked from several tiny cuts on his body while most of his qi has been drained. Near Wan Qing were several small blue mushrooms as she sneered at him. 

“A fucking illusion?! I thought you gave that shit up!” Hu Tao was pissed. Pissed at the Sissy but mostly himself for getting caught in the first place. 

“I don’t like to use it unless it's necessary.” She responded. 

“Don’t think that that shit will work on me again.” He smiled a bloody grin. 

“We’ll see.” Wan Qing took a bite of a mushroom as she suddenly split into multiple copies. 

  There was no discernable difference between any of them from what Hu Tao could see. But sight wasn’t the only sense he could rely on in a fight. His nose sniffed, ears twitched, and qi searched. Just as he was about to attack, he suddenly remembered. In front of overwhelming strength, what can little tricks do? 

  In his transformed state, he was invincible! Hu Tao stood from the ceiling of the room and laughed as he suddenly clapped his hands. From this clap, a powerful shockwave emitted from the qi gathered in his hands. Cracks spread on the ground across the room as the shockwave headed towards every part of it.  

  Wan Qing’s butterflies exploded when coming in contact with this shockwave. She wasn’t expecting such strength to remain from him after being drained for so long by her butterflies. Qing too was knocked into the wall from the shockwave and just as she was about to recover, Hu Tao appeared in front of her with a grin with his fist pulled back. 

“Tch!” She clicked her tongue, annoyed. 

  Just barely being able to put her fan in front of her face to block the blow, she was sent flying through the wall back into the room with the coffin. Despite blocking the attack, she was still heavily injured by it. Her arms were slightly numb with electricity racing up and down her body. She was annoyed and upset that he still had so much power left! But she wasn’t giving up just because of this! 

“These taste pretty fucking good.” Hu Tao casually walked into the room eating some of the blue mushrooms from the other room. 

  Seeing this, Wan Qing knew that she had to use all of her power or else she’ll never pay back the humiliation she was given. She too began downing blue mushrooms from her storage ring. The two of them suddenly broke away from their life-or-death battle and just started eating mushrooms. Their qi rapidly increased and grew to heights that they would never reach naturally at their current cultivation realm. 

  During their brief bout to see who could eat mushrooms faster, the blood leaking from their body continued to flow into the black coffin. It was as if the coffin was sucking the blood towards itself once it reached the ground. This escaped the notice of both Wan Qing and Hu Tao as they had more important things to worry about. 

‘Soon...! Soon my revival shall be complete!’ A voice spoke to no one in particular. 

63