Writhing In Doubt
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the night wears on, the weight of Neil's revelation about Columbine continues to linger in the back of my mind, casting a shadow over our conversation. Despite Neil's attempts to lighten the mood, I find myself unable to shake off the unease that grips me.

As we chat and laugh, a part of me wonders if Neil's fascination with such dark subjects hints at something deeper within him. Is there a darkness lurking beneath his affable exterior? Or am I simply overthinking things, reading too much into a casual conversation?

Lost in my thoughts, I barely register Neil's voice as he speaks, snapping me back to the present. "Hey, you alright, man?" he asks, concern etched in his features.

I force a smile, trying to push aside my apprehensions. "Yeah, just zoning out for a moment. Sorry about that."

Neil nods, but I can tell he senses something's off. "Listen, if you ever need to talk about anything, I'm here," he offers, sincerity shining in his eyes.

His words catch me off guard, softening my resolve. Maybe I've been too quick to judge him based on a single conversation. After all, we've only just met, and everyone has their own demons to contend with.

"Thanks, Neil. I appreciate it," I reply, genuine gratitude coloring my voice.

As the night winds down and we bid each other farewell, I can't help but feel a sense of relief mingled with curiosity. Despite the darkness that lingers in the depths of our conversation, there's something about Neil that draws me in, a complexity that I can't quite unravel.

And as I head home, thoughts of Neil and our conversation about Columbine swirl through my mind, leaving me with more questions than answers. But one thing's for certain: there's more to Neil than meets the eye, and I'm determined to uncover the truth behind the facade.

0