Catharsis On The Range
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days have passed since our conversation in Neil's car, and the air is thick with tension as we make our way to a secluded area for some target practice. Neil's solemn demeanor matches my own, a silent understanding passing between us as we prepare to confront the demons that haunt us both.

As we arrive at the shooting range, Neil leads me to a private area away from prying eyes, a sense of purpose evident in every step he takes. I follow him closely, my heart pounding with a mixture of apprehension and anticipation.

With a practiced hand, Neil unlocks a sturdy metal case, revealing an arsenal of weapons that glint in the sunlight. Shotguns, pistols, rifles—each one a deadly instrument of destruction, capable of unleashing untold devastation upon its target.

But it's the AR-15 that catches my eye, its sleek design and deadly efficiency sending a shiver down my spine. I can see the fondness in Neil's eyes as he handles the weapon, a silent reverence for its power and precision.

Without a word, Neil hands me the AR-15, his expression grave yet determined. "Take your time, Matt," he says softly. "Focus on your breathing, and aim for the center of the target."

I nod in silent acknowledgment, my hands trembling slightly as I raise the weapon to my shoulder. With a deep breath, I steady my nerves and squeeze the trigger, the deafening roar of gunfire echoing through the air.

For a brief moment, everything fades away—the pain, the anger, the sadness—replaced by a sense of exhilaration and purpose. With each shot fired, I feel a weight lifting from my shoulders, a sense of liberation washing over me like a cleansing tide.

And as I watch the bullets tear through the target with deadly precision, I realize that this is more than just target practice—it's a catharsis, a release of pent-up emotions that have been simmering beneath the surface for far too long.

Together, Neil and I continue to fire round after round, the rhythmic cadence of gunfire filling the air with a symphony of destruction. And with each shot fired, I feel myself growing stronger, more determined to confront the darkness that lurks within me and emerge victorious on the other side.

0