Shadows Of The Past
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As night falls and the stars begin to twinkle overhead, Neil and I find ourselves sitting on the porch of his secluded cabin, the echo of gunfire still ringing in our ears. The events of the day weigh heavily on my mind as I replay the sensation of firing the AR-15, the raw power of the weapon leaving an indelible mark on my psyche.

I can't help but feel a sense of exhilaration coursing through my veins, a rush of adrenaline that leaves me craving more. It's a feeling unlike anything I've ever experienced, a heady mix of fear and excitement that leaves me yearning for the next shot, the next explosion of violence.

Lost in my thoughts, I turn to Neil, the question burning on my lips before I even realize it. "Hey, Neil," I begin tentatively, my voice barely above a whisper. "Do you ever think about... you know, stuff like Columbine?"

Neil's gaze meets mine, his expression unreadable in the dim light of the porch. But there's a flicker of recognition in his eyes, a silent acknowledgment of the dark thoughts that haunt us both.

"Yeah, Matt, I think about it all the time," Neil replies quietly, his voice heavy with unspoken emotion. "The way those kids took matters into their own hands, the way they refused to be victims... it's powerful stuff."

I nod in silent agreement, a chill running down my spine at the mention of Columbine. It's a subject that has fascinated and horrified me for years, a symbol of the darkness that lurks within the human soul.

And as Neil and I sit in the quiet darkness of the night, the possibility of emulating the actions of those troubled teenagers hangs in the air like a heavy fog. It's a dangerous thought, a reckless impulse born of pain and desperation.

But in that moment, as we stare out into the abyss of uncertainty, I can't help but feel a sense of solidarity with Neil, a silent understanding that binds us together in our shared desire for vengeance.

And as the night wears on and the darkness deepens, I know that the seeds of a dangerous idea have been planted, their roots sinking deep into the fertile soil of our troubled minds. And though I may not yet know where this path will lead us, one thing is certain: together, Neil and I are capable of anything.

0