The Goddess of Pride
453 5 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the divine domain of the one true goddess of pride in the multiverse.

In a room filled with breathtaking portraits, and statues of an extremely proud looking red headed woman of world ending beauty. A gaudy golden throne sat in the center; and upon it a veiled, red headed goddess in evening wear; with a figure to match the surrounding artwork.

"I'm sick of hearing about her stupid, chosen soul! Every time we all gather together to have tea, that insufferable little goddess of dreams; won't stop blathering about her chosen soul's adventures. How he's overcoming his scarring past, and falling into love with various women and goddesses…

You know, what! Two can play this game. I'll reincarnate a soul into one of the extremely close replicas of that world; DanMachi was it? Then hog up all the time at the next tea party talking about it."

" Yeah, that should teach her; her place."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a church somewhere on earth.

A fragile looking, twenty year old church volunteer named Strahd Veritae was coughing. He had been coughing a lot today.

He hoped it wasn't anything serious. It's probably fine, right? Just allergies or something.

As he continued to clean down the wooden pews in the chapel all by himself, he heard the doors to the entrance slowly creak open.

Seeing a masked, tacky cosplayer in a clearly cardboard semi-truck outfit. He asked "How can I help you?" all the while giving a polite smile. The cosplayer promptly bellowed; "Truck-kun come for me!" his spit flying across the freshly cleaned pews. Pulling a seemingly harmless cord. He rushed at Strahd.

Everything in the vicinity was promptly engulfed in an massive explosion of fire, expanding out from the semi-truck cosplayer.

And that day, the man known on earth as Strahd de Veritae died.

As everything disappeared from his vision. Strahd found himself in a dark void. Looking around he saw a bright light above him. It was calling to him. A sense of fulfillment unlike anything in his life was being emitted from it. He slowly went towards the light. Savoring the increasing feeling of jubilation as he approached.

He was promptly yanked away violently from it; at extremely high speeds; into the unknown void. His awareness fading away during the turbulence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He awoke; to hear a haughty, seductive female voice.

"Rejoice, worm. For you have been chosen by I; the one and only goddess of pride Superbia. To reincarnate in the anime world DanMachi. And overcome past traumas and make a harem there. I'll allow you to speak freely for this audience."

What happened? Where was the light? I died didn't I?

"Why me?"

"Because you were the closest available soul to my divine domain. You're welcome to praise me."

"Thank you?"

"You're welcome worm. Now we shall begin your character creation. Ehem, your new life gifts."

"Here is my gracious list of the available skills and reincarnated options granted to you. For your journey at the beginning of the storyline."

A golden screen appeared before him. On it was this:

- Boasting Candidate -

Name: Strahd De Veritae

DanMachi Race: Not Selected

Age: Not Selected

Four Heavenly Skills: Not Selected

Appearance: Not Selected

Innate Magic Color: Not Selected

Item set: Not Selected

Beginners Gift : Pending…

Strahd eyed the goddess, then stared intently at the golden screen. Reaching his hands out he started typing and scrolled through the options thoroughly. After examining the small random selection of options for a while. He decided on these:

- Boasting Candidate -

Name: Strahd De Veritae

DanMachi Race: Renard/White fur

Age: 16

Four Heavenly Skills: Spiritual Attack nullification, Magicule Breeder Reactor, Thought Acceleration, Mana Burst

Appearance: Saturo Gojo

Innate Magic Color: Artoria Alter

Personal Item set: Ringwraith

Beginners Gift: Mana treasury and a Lifelong Unique Summon of Choice

He honestly remembered very little about the anime DanMachi. And the options presented to him were mainly useless. But hopefully with these choices he would excel in this bizarre situation and possibly find a way back to earth after all of this.

"Alright, I'm done. I do have some…"

"Alright, begone worm"

The surrounding world changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

24