The Fox And The Rabbit’s First Encounter
677 10 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the duo walked closer towards Hestia and Bell Strahd's voice became clearer;

"One moment they're saying; (Hand over all your valis; Blah, blah, blah.)" "Once I equipped my full armor and toppled their formation with my mana infused fists the remainder started to cry out in utter terror. Scrambling about on the floor as if they saw death."

"Honestly, I was expecting a better class of criminal from those criminal adventurer organizations."

The King of Lions nodded in agreement, a regal voice was heard from underneath her helmet as she voiced her response; "It's to be expected of the brigands here who engage in such vile actions. Those who chose to live that lifestyle are generally faint of heart."

"Yeah, people often disappoint. So I…

Stopping in place, Strahd noticed Bell and Hestia standing together. A smile graced his features as he made eye contact with the duo, underneath his amicable expression his eyes reflected intrigue and calculation.

Puzzled by Strahd's shift of attention, Artoria shifted her helmeted head as she examined the familia duo.

Calling out in greeting, Strahd's tail gently wagged with subdued excitement.

"Oi how are you two love birds?"

"Huuuuuh?!!!" Bell's face promptly reddened in a ghastly display, as he stood ramrod straight in realization. Hestia blushed slightly, contently smiling as she hugged her familia member.

She returned the greeting; "We're doing good, though we could have a roof over our head."

That moment, Bell blurted out waving his hands in denial; "It's a misunderstanding! We're not a couple."

As Bell spouted frantically in embarrassment, Hestia fumed in frustration.

Savoring the moment, Strahd promptly commented;

"You don't say, ah that's too bad you two look like you would make the perfect couple."

Hearing Strahd's words, Bell's chagrin awkwardly showed. Studying Bell's expression, Hestia's expression grew somber as she realized Bell's thoughts were currently of someone else.

Joining the conversation, Artoria spoke up; " Well it's good to meet you two. Though I feel introductions are in order."

Pulled out of their thoughts by the armored goddess Rhongomyniad, Hestia and Bell turned their heads towards her.

Separating from Bell and straightening herself, Hestia stated with a smile; "I'm Hestia, the goddess of the Hearth."

Bell chimed in; "I'm Bell Cranel, an adventurer and a member of my goddess Hestia's familia."

Taking off her helmet Artoria returned the greeting making eye contact with the duo in a stately manner; "Well met, Hestia and Bell Cranel. I am King Artoria Pendragon also known as goddess Rhongomyniad, Lion king and King of storms. And this teasing fox of mine is my Familia Captain Strahd De Veritae."

Grinning widely at her introducing him, Strahd responded with a wave of his hand and greeting; "Aye yo!"

But the greeting hardly registered to Bell and Hestia as they were stunned momentarily into silence at Artoria's royal aura which radiated fully upon them at the reveal of her face.

Hestia was the first to break out of reverie. "Wait! So you're goddess Rhongomyniad!"

Artoria composed, asked curiously; "What of it?"

Hestia, blushing heavily in embarrassment and in several other conflicting emotions grabbed Bell's arm.

"I uuuh, Bell lets go and stop looking at her."

Bell, also blushing, was jolted about as hestia promptly started yanking his arm, leading him away from the other duo.

"Uh, what? But why goddess?"

"Because I said so, stupid Bell." She dragged him off with surprising speed, Strahd and Artoria watched on in awkward puzzlement.

Once they had disappeared from view, Artoria turned to Strahd in concern; "Was I doing something wrong?"

Shaking his head in disagreement, Strahd answered softly, getting lost in her lime green eyes; "I think they're just not used to your beauty, not like I'm any better."

Lightly blushing at his words, Artoria reciprocated his gaze silently with a heartfelt smile. The sun's golden rays illuminated the two's enchanting moment in the ruined city district.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20