Ch.22: Fluffy
2.9k 21 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the November came, so too did the cold weather. The lake surrounding Hogwarts froze, the mountains turned grey, and every morning the grass would be covered in frost.

After the flying class, Almira was put into the duty of bringing the brooms to the storage. She zoomed towards the storage while standing on top of one of the brooms, and held the rest in two bundles under her arms. If Madam Hooch was there to see, she probably would have shouted for her to stop this kind of reckless flying immediately, but alas, she was not there.

While she was flying, she saw Hagrid walk towards the castle with a huge, even for him, bucket full of meat in his hands. She became interested on where he was taking the meat, so after depositing the brooms into the storage, she bolted towards where she saw Hagrid was heading.

After a while of searching, she found him on the stairs going to the third floor, and as she followed behind him, she realized he was going towards the third floors forbidden corridor on the right, or as Dumbledore worded it, the corridor that promised painful deaths to whoever entered. Hagrid stopped in front of the locked door and looked around him as if trying to see if anyone was watching, missing the small Almira who was literally under his nose.

Seeing that no one was looking, Hagrid took a key from his pocket and used it to open the door.

As Almira peaked into the corridor from behind Hagrid, she saw a gigantic three-headed dog sleeping inside. It had dark brown fur, paws bigger than Almira’s torso and its three heads looked like Bull Terrier’s.

“Cute.”

Almira said with shining eyes, making Hagrid yell and jump a meter into the air.

“Where, eh, wha? Little girlie, what yer doin’ here?”

Hagrid turned around and spotted Almira behind him.

“Can I pet him?”

Almira asks with a hopeful look on her face.

“What, Luffy? No wait, yer was not supposed to see him.”

Hagrid tries to block the whole doorway so that Almira wouldn’t see inside and does quite a great job at it, with him being bigger than the door.

“Its name’s Fluffy? That's even cuter! Can I pet Fluffy, please!”

Almira asks again, this time adding her best puppy-eyes.

“Little lass, I know Fluffy may seem all soft an’ cuddly, but yeh must be bonkers on yer head if yeh think he’s gonna let yeh pet him. Now off yeh go!”

Though Hagrid feels that the little girl has eyes on the right place, as he too can’t see Fluffy as anything else than cute, he knows Fluffy won’t let just anyone get close to him.

Suddenly, Hagrid was pushed out of the doorway and Almira had to dodge to the side as she didn’t want to get squashed under the falling half-giant. She turned to look at what had pushed Hagrid aside and was surprised at the sight of three huge dogs’ heads on top of each other sticking out of the doorway, sniffing in her direction.

Almira lifted her hand in front of the middle head, letting it sniff her scent, and after a while it licked her with its huge tongue, covering her in drool from top to bottom.

After Hagrid got himself back up from the floor, he turned around and was shocked at the sight in front of him as Almira was giggling happily while scratching Fluffy under its chins, changing from time to time as she only had two hands and Fluffy had three chins.

“By the gallopin’ gorgons, how in the Merlin’s beards name did yeh do that?”

Hagrid couldn’t help but wonder what magic Almira had used on Fluffy, as the three-headed dog closing its eyes in bliss after getting its chins scratched is clearly not the same one he’s watched grow up from a puppy into a ferocious guard dog.

After hearing Hagrid’s voice Fluffy pulled its heads back into the room and Almira turned towards Hagrid.

“Do what?”

She asked while tilting her head.

“That! Even I hav’ta use the music box to calm him down if I wan’ to touch him, and you just go an’ scratch him under the chin like it’ no biggie.”

Hagrid asks with wonder clear in his voice.

“I don’t kno-.”

Almira was going to say that she doesn’t know but stops as they hear a huge thud coming from the corridor Fluffy is in. Both Almira and Hagrid hurry to look through the door and are shocked to find Fluffy on his back in the corridor where he can hardly turn around. How it got on its back seems to have been what made the floor tremble.

Almira, seeing Fluffy looking at her with its tongues out of its mouths, jumps on top of it and starts to rub its chest with a bright smile on her face.

“Fluffy, how on Merlin’s most baggy y-fronts are yeh goin’ to get back up?”

As if to prove Hagrid’s point, after getting scratched enough by Almira, Fluffy tried to turn back on its feet but failed, with its wide back and the narrow corridor turning out to be a bad combination. It took quite an effort from both Fluffy and Hagrid to finally get fluffy back on its feet. Almira would have helped, but with her height being around 1,5 meters next to Hagrid’s 3,5 meters and Fluffy’s around 4 meters, there really wasn’t much she could do.

After Fluffy had been turned back on its feet, Hagrid brought its food bucket in front of it, and Almira scratched two of its heads as one of them ate with its head deep in the bucket of meat.

“Hagrid, can I come here to play with Fuffy some time?”

She asks.

“I should say no, but Fluffy seems to like yeh. Been feelin’ kinda bad abou’ him being here with no room to stretch his legs, but yeh can only come when I’m feedin’ him, an’ don’t go around telling others abou’ him yeh hear?”

Hearing what Hagrid said, Almira nods her head while giving Hagrid the brightest smile she has.

95