Ch.3: Claws
3.4k 5 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Welcome to the family, Almira.”

‘Thank you for having me? No wait, that's not what I wanted to say... And my names not Almira, it’s… Why can’t I remember my name?!’

Almira tries to bring her ravings for Evalyn to hear, but what comes out of her mouth is something between growling and baby noises. Evalyn, still holding onto Almira with an almost blinding smile on her lips, seems to be trying to make sense of her attempts at communication, until finally she seems to have understood what Almira wanted to say as her eyes start to sparkle.

“Are you hungry?”

Or not.

‘No, I’m NOT hung…’

*Growl*

Almira’s stomach decides to choose that very moment to tell the world with the loudest growl it can manage that yes, she is indeed hungry.

The sparkle in Evalyn’s eyes intensifies, as she pulls wand out of her black gowns sleeve.

‘A wand?’

Almira doesn’t have much time to think the meaning of pulling the wand out, as Evalyn points the wand against herself and waves it, turning her black gown, that looked like something a witch in a children's book would wear, into a black dress with a V-shaped neckline coming down to her bellybutton.

‘A MAGIC WAND!’

Evalyn then moves the dresses neckline to the side, revealing one of her breasts, before once again waving her wand, but this time nothing seems to change.

‘No wait, is that milk? Does she want me to…’

Almira looks back up to Evalyn’s face, and indeed, her eyes sparkle with expectations. However, as time passes and it becomes clear that Almira doesn’t want to feed on her milk, her eyes slowly lose their sparkle and are starting to be filled with tears.

‘Fine, FINE, I’ll feed damn it.’

After Almira starts feeding, she looks up and sees Evalyn looking at her with eyes once again filled with sparkles and a smile of fulfilment on her lips.

‘This day is getting more and more confusing. First, I was in what I think was and egg, do humans hatch from eggs? No wait, am I even a human anymore? Then there’s this woman who seems to think of me as her child. Maybe humans DO hatch from eggs around here? What if everyone starts with long claws, hooves and a lizard’s tail and lose them as they grow older? And then there’s the thing with the woman changing her clothes and making milk come out with a wave of a wand… I died, didn’t I? Haa… Well I guess my name is Almira now, Mira for short. Nice to meet you.’

After eating her fill, Almira pulls her head back and tries to separate from Evalyn, but with no success. In fact, Evalyn doesn’t even seem to notice, as she seems to be in her own happy world. Almira tries tapping Evalyn’s chest to get her back to this reality.

“Eh, what… You already finished?”

*nod*

A flash of sadness passes Evalyn’s eyes, until both she and Almira realize what Almira just did.

“Did you… nod?”

‘Damn it was a reflex…Well I guess it’s better for me this way.’

*n-nod*

“You understand what I’m saying?”

*nod*

“You’re not just nodding for a different reason?”

*no-…shake*

Evalyn bounces up from the floor and once again starts jumping and spinning with Almira in her arms yelling “She’s a genius!” repeatedly.

‘Calm down woman or I’m going to return the milk you just gave me!’

After finally managing to calm herself, Evalyn realizes that they are still inside her laboratory with now both of them covered in slime from Almira’s hatching.

“Ah, right, wait a sec.”

Evalyn once again waves her wand and using cleaning spell rids them both of whatever it was that covered them. The change is especially noticeable to Almira, as both her hair and the fur on her limbs fluff and become smooth and soft to touch. As Almira wonders the convenience of magic, Evalyn starts walking towards the door that, though it’s hard to believe with the force Evalyn slammed it open, doesn’t have a scratch to show for it.

“Come, I’ll show you our home.”

Stepping through the door they come into a hallway. Turning left, they walk towards a door that leads out of the house with bathroom on its left and a living room on the right. From the living room they pass to the kitchen, from where they get back to the hallway and to the bedroom that’s right across the kitchen. The weird thing is that with the layout of the house, there should be no room for the laboratory, and if you walk in the hallway all you can see is a cleaning cabinets door, that’s in no way big enough for an adult to walk through.

After they get to the bedroom, Evalyn puts Almira down onto a bed that’s on the left side of the room and starts to go through the cabinets to find Almira something to put on. Almira takes this change to look at herself in a mirror next to the bed and finds that, if you exclude the clearly non-human parts of her body, she looks just like a cute 2 year old version of the woman now throwing piles clothing onto the floor.

‘She could change her own clothes before, so why doesn’t she do the same again?’

Almira tries to get Evalyn’s attention by once again letting out a weird mix of growls and baby noises.

‘I really have to get my vocal strings whipped in shape…’

“What’s the matter Almira?”

Almira starts to mime what Evalyn did before with first pointing at Evalyn’s dress and then waving her arm around as if she was using a wand. It takes some time, but Almira finally got her thoughts across and in no time at all, Almira is dressed in a bright orange dress with no sleeves and a short hem.

"Super cute!"

Again looking at herself in the mirror, while ignoring Evalyn's melting face, she turns her gaze to her claws and thinks.

‘I really don’t want these claws making holes into this dress.’

And just like that, the claws in her hands disappear, leaving only normal looking nails.

‘Eh?’

83