Chapter 4
41 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the years have passed, I was finally able to get into more advanced magic classes, and I was extremely let down throughout that time.

I am 10, and I have had Introduction to magic where we felt out mana, Beginner in Spells, and Wordless Casting, where as I have been doing all this from the first class!

The new class I am starting today does sound boring but I hope "Theories of Magic" can help because it was this class, and then to learn all the advanced spells that are super dangerous, you would have to join the Mage Section of the Stacks, and that is for years locked into it like a job.

"Come on dani you will be late for class, I swear for such a smart person you space out alot." Kira yelled to me before going around a corner.

I quickly followed review the New spells Spark had become Electricty straight out, just a little bit more of a shock, and not even enough to knock someone out, Water is Water bolt, again more water, nothing real good there, Light is all the same, Harden is a new one, it allows you to add it to an item to make it harder, no surprise, and finally, Candle, it was like the weakest fire I could imagine Sprouting from my finger.

Arriving at the Classroom the teacher spoke

"Everyone, everyone please site down, its far to loud in hear for 3rd years, be in your seat in the next 2 minutes or you will be counted as late, no hurry and be orderly."

I see Kira setting on the far side and I join her at the double desk she is setting at, she is reading what appears to be a new book.

I look around at all of the people in the class, and there are a few I knew of, but there are certainly at least 75% of the class I didn't know, so they are likely from one of the other classes from my year, or the batch before, but no one to old.

"Pax." The teacher seems to say in a normal voice before the room instantly becomes dead quiet 

"Finis." With that it felt like the wind rushed in to fill the void of sound.

"With this, you have now seen that I can silence the room if need be, but try to not make me do it. I may not remove it right away next time."

"Starting with Thoeries of Magic, who can tell me what is magic?"

Of Course I didn't know, but Kira raised her hand.

"Yes miss Poala, can you tell me what magic is?"

"Magic is the form we give to mana that allows us to cast spells, without it, mana would just leak out and do nothing."

"Well, yes and no. While magic is a framework, it isn't needed completely. For instance..." He held up his hand to show mana coming out of it. "With just this, the mana is nothing, but if I can't it into a spell, normally I would give it function, but you are thinking to literal and following what the text has been showing you as an Example."

He waves his hand and creates a light spell "This right here is the basic light spell everyone is taught, and to learn chantless you had to memorize the chant and state it in your mind to get it to work, but this is also a flaw. Instead of relying on the chant, Feel how the mana flows and changes in this spell and do it without the chant. Then anything can be changed about it."

To demonstrate, without saying anything, his other hand raises, and another light is created, same as the other, but the color then changes between as many colors as you could name. Then the ball enlarges and shrinks, even dims almost to nothing, and become very bright.

"its all about the feeling, once you know how the spell is meant to feel. You can create it without the limitations of the chant. But why is this, can anyone tell me?"

No one seemed to raise their hand, so I did.

"Yes mister Faedon, what do we have the chats to begin with?"

"While I am sure there are people that find it easier to learn magic, that is likely just a bonus. It is likely to set the restriction on a spell that could harm someone, or be difficult. So its for safety."

"Almost, it is actually the opposite. previously when not in the stacks, the world had a lax presence when it came to caring if people hurt themselves with magic, more focused on getting magic to everyone that it can. The Chant and Incantations for later spells make it almost simple to cast magic if you have the mana for it!"

"With this, let us start ready from page 46, and Max..." Knocking on the desk with the kid asleep in the front row. "You will begin for us, start with the Section describing Mana Manipulation for the Light Element."

Like that, the year started off great.

Using the information given to me by Dr. Luke Haslo, I found it weird he was a doctor that taught magic, I was able to completely upgrade all of my spell. 

It wasn't much since my mana still wasn't that large. Me saying that while I am sure I am in the top 10% in the stacks for the amount of mana I have currently.

With this and the new wind type Element, Gust spell, I was just practicing with kira and even teaching a little to robby, when he cared to listen.

"Dani, don't distract Robi, he doesn't need magic!"

"Ok, but I can still teach him when he wants to learn. Whats wrong with that?" She glares at me.

"just stop, Robi is more into the muscle side of stuff and thats not problem, so stop forcing magic onto other people!"

"Geez, ok. I swear you haven't grown up one bit, I mean you are already 10. Practically an adult!" I say chuckling as I know this is a sore topic for her, she has always been praised for acting mature for her age, so I just have fun poking the bear so to speak.

She runs over and begins to hit on my arms and shoulders as I am backing away, with Robby just laughing setting on the swing.

"Not you to robi, don't laugh at me!" She blushed a bit, but robby stopped. Clearly shes got a bit of a crush.

"Well, classes are over for the day, and we don't have much else until later in the week we are doing to birthday party. Have you all found something for your gift partner?"

Since we have birthdays all in the same year, to help with Scheduling, all of the Birthday parties are on the same day, and you are assigned a Gift Partner, and you get them a gift.

This way, everyone gets a gift, and the kids get to give something.

Mine was thankfully just a young girl, so I asked my mom to Sew her a little Dress with a pattern of Cloth I got my dad to get.

It was a very simple white cloths, and I used Dyes on it to make it tye Dye, my mom absolutely loved the idea with all the color and figure the girl will like it.

With the Rest of the Bolt of Cloth, I had mom make me a set of black pants with many pockets, as I was tired of just the two.

She though it was a novel design, but didn't think people would be interested in it.

That still left a fair amount of cloth on the bolt, but I had nothing else I needed currently, so we kept it.

"Yea, I think mine might be the best gift of them all, and you might be jelous when you see it kira!"

"No-uh, I promise I won't be Jealous because I have the best gift and I am sure the person will love it!

--The day of the party after kira gave a glittered and paint Tablet holder to her gift partner, surprisingly the little girl loved it, and loved he tablet as well since she went over to her mom and got it from her, having apparently brought it.

I gave my present to the little girl and could almost see legit sparkles in he eye as she saw how colorful it was. 

Some of the parents gathered around and were asking about it, but the girls took it and ran to her mom and kept yelling she wanted to wear it now, so one of the parents lead the mom and girl to their apartment nearby to put it on her I guess. 

I had a surprise from a little boy when he came over to me and handed a present to me, I opened it and it was 2 magic Stones on a metal chain. 

It looks pretty good, and it had to do with magic, so I thanked him, saying I loved it. 

The boy seemed happy he was able to give a good gift, but his mood fell when apparently his older brother walked over.

"Now now Julian, you could have just given him normal rocks and he would have loved it."

"No, it was a good gift.... Julian right? I am Danial, thank you again! And I didn't know your was brother Darek 'Brownstar'." I say Chuckling, and this made julian chuckle as well.

Darek hearing this went instantly red in the face and rushed at me, side stepping, he passed by me as my hand charged a shock for him, but as I was slapping him, he kicked him in the side, Separating us.

Darek flew back a little as well, stunned both mentally and physically.

"Better watch out darek, I may not hold back one of these days." I say as I am giving him a creepy smile.

He sees this and just walks off.

"Sorry I had to shock your brother, he will be fine, its was more of a deterrent."

"THAT WAS SO COOL! No one ever stands up-ta him!"

I smile and me and Julian chat for a while before I return to my friends. 

"ooh, Dani, look at my gift! Its a tiera with a small wind stone in it, and when I activate it...."

Just then she activated it and wind seems to sweep her hair back gently like in a Shampoo Commercial.

"Nice kira, it seems me and you got magic stones in our items, but you got wind instead of my fire and water it seems."

Just then Robby comes back to us with what looks to be a big heavy rock.

"Ooh yea, my gift is the best! My give partnet had to get an adult to carry it for me." He sets down the stone, but It doesn't make much of a noise.

"Its sponge Rock, and its a large enough piece I can use it as a pillow!"

I laugh but reach down and feel it. its like a memory foam pillow and now I am jealous!

He doesn't even know how good those are.

"Wow, gotta admit, I think he has us beat Kira."

"Yea, that is gonna be the best pillow ever, your so lucky! I might steal it from time to time."

"If you can carry it, go ahead. I was having trouble with it, it will be on my bed and will likely never move ahah!"

After the birthday we enjoyed out time chatting with everyone, and headed home. Me helping Robby with his pillow to his house first, where his mom wanted to put a pillow sheet on it at least, and it ripped through it.

I just laugh and big my goodbyes to them, and headed home.

This kind of life has been growing on me, I am really glad I died previously, but I love this world.

3