Chapter 5
45 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having spent most of my new life of my magic abilities, when I turned 14 I was now stuck with the improvements I had already done to my spells and was in a rut while trying to make them better.

Deciding I wanted to try and get my mind off of it for a bit, I was nearly an adult and could explore alot more of the stacks than I had been able to before.

With this, I ended up learning to tinker more and learn to create things, I wasn't the best at it but having an object that was truely mine because I made it with my own two hands, was nice.

I had started to work my body as well, and found that the strength of a Far Human is like 2 times that of a normal human, where I was fit, I wasn't super muscled up, but I would compare my strength to that of my friend Robby.

I was most certainly less strong than him, but I would say I am closer that I originally thought. 

So, adding a morning job, and some workouts to my day helped to fill out some of the time, and I know this would be good for me.

Currently I am working on a Photo Library gauntlet.

I want to make sure it air tight as well, to ensure none of the storage could be corrupted from something like it being to cold, to hot, or being under water.

Most of it was done but the storage medium for this world was essential SD cards, and they didn't store alot, so I was in the process of getting the largest in terms of storage capacity that the stacks had to offer, but it is taking time.

"Mom I am headed out to the market, do you have anything you are looking for or anything you want to sell?"

"Nothing currently, just be careful, and message me when you are headed back, I will start on food then as I am sure you father will be late again today."

With that, I headed out and decided to head to the upper market to start, I needed some insulation and betters wires to make sure my gauntlet would last.

Making it to floor 14 I head to section 7, as section seven was the trading area on every Floor that had a trader.

Arriving, I notice a better selection of some of the items, even a mini HD screen, I hadn't gotten one yet, so I ended up spending alot of time asking about that and finding some other materials I was wanting.

Nearly run dry of money, I was starting to head back when none other the Derak showed up right in from of me.

He had two large men right behind him, likely guards since he liked to fuck around, he tended to find out from me a lot more then he would have expected. 

"Shame you are already leaving, what already spent all your money? I am surprised you could afford anything at all."

I rolled my eyes while giving him the most uninterested glare.

"Best if you don't talk anyway, don't wish to prove your idiocy to everyone within earshot. Just go back to your slums on the lower level trash."

This piss ant is really getting on my nerves, I take a quick step at him, and he flinches hard as the two guards put themselves in between him and I.

I chuckle and back off before starting to walk away. "That's what I though, well if you ever want a fair fight between us, we can even make it fun. Level 50 has that arena, and we can even bet there in two years."

He glare daggers at me, but I just went to the elevator to head down.

I made it down to my floor and stepped out and was starting home, just them I heard my name.

"Danial! Hey, I was just heading back to the house as well, walk and talk?" My dad came up saying.

"Sure, not long to talk though ahah, how was work." I chuckle a little at the short walk and talk.

"Good as could be expected honestly, still dead tired and can't wait to get back."

"Right, I forgot to message mother that I was heading back, well to late now, we are here."

As I stepped in front of our door, I heard noise coming from inside our house, and motioned for father to stay quiet and got a little closer to hear what it was.

It was just as I got closer, I saw dad get closer to hear as well that I noticed what the sounds were.

Clearly, a women and a man were having sex in the apartment. 

I looked at dad and his face radiated angry and pain. I motioned him to wait a second, while I took out my key to unlock the door and do so slowly and deadly quiet, when it was open, I motion dad to go deal with it and sat at the sofa for now.

"What the hell!..." a man yelled before a tump could be heard from the other room

"Get the hell out of my house! I don't give a shit if you are naked or not, get out!" Dad yello

"Honey wait, its...... I can explain...." Mom said

I grabbed a towel from the landry basket and tossed it to the naked man as he passed me heading for the door.

He nodded before wrapping the towel around and leaving.

I made my way to the hallway incase I was needed.

"How could you, I gave everything I had, and loved only you and danial and you did this time us!"

"I am sorry honey, I was just lonely and you were always working. I didn't love him, I just had needs and felt un-needed."

"That's no excuse, we were here. You could have talked to me and I could have reduced time, or showed you how I felt...... wow I....."

Dad stopped talking at this and left their bedroom and walked past me to the door.

I whispered "I will catch up in a moment" I don't know if he heard me, but I needed to say my peace.

My mom came out of their room, now clothed thankfully, and froze in her tracks when she saw me in the living room.

"......how.....how much....?" she whispered as a question.

"All of it, and I know enough. But I don't think it would be best for you to be here when me and dad get back"

The look on her face was horrible, a look of disgust, pain, guilt, and sadness at realizing I had chosen father.

At this, I left and went down to floor 90 as one of dads friends had a bar here with a tinkershop in the back, I knew this is where he would have gone.

Surprisingly I didn't see the second bartender or my dad, so I headed to the back.

My dad had already started and by the looks of the bottle, wasn't going slow at this point.

I sat with him and patted his back, he looked up enough to see it was me before breaking and crying for a long time.

After a few hours, dad had gone through his bottle and mostly sobered back up, I had only one drink when he was complaining that he wasn't the only one in pain and If I needed some, I could have some. 

With dad being able to stand now, we slowly made our way back to the apartment and when we arrived, we stood there for a moment.

We went in, and there was no noise, which was both a blessing and a curse.

The once beloved location for me, now reduced to bad memories and a sour taste. Me and dad ended up falling alseep in the Couch and sofa in the living area while watching movies.

We awoke to someone knocking on the door, It was someone from mother's family and they had come to inform us that we were no longer welcome to stay at this location as they family would no longer be paying for it.

Father seemed mad at this but stated he understood and would be moved soon.

When they left father explained he knew we couldn't afford this place on our own, but he does have a place for us.

The apartment right across from my father's friend's Bar was actually the place and looks alot like the other apartment but was just smaller, and it was perfectly fine with me!

Even being on the 90th floor, it felt better here, more people working with their hands, making things. 

My father was regaining a bit of his smile, and I was as helpful as he needed me to be.

After talking with a few people down here, they were able to help with some of the designs for my Gauntlet.

Even ways to stone my magic stones into the outside of it, making them easy to release from the hold if need be, as some places didn't allow magic stones and thus I would have to remove the gauntlet if I wanted to enter, so being able to release the stones to leave them at home was for the best.

While working on the design, I figured I didn't need the First portion of the Gauntlet as well, so that was removed.

Now it really just resembled a large watch with a computer built into it, of course with sleek design lines and a matte finish.

For the most part, the new Wrist computer was active.

It had a small screen because the insulated glass was expensive and I could only get some much, had 5 terabytes of storage. If I am only storing video and images, I shouldn't have to upgrade this in the future. A small HD camera so I can take pictures, and 5 total sockets to hold Magic stones.

Not the most, but with this, I could take pictures of documents, books, pictures, save some movies on it, etc. And be set for having access to it if I needed it.

With my new gadget made, and me being pleased with it, I got about helping design and create items to help pay for things since I would be an adult before I knew it, and I am sure I would need a job by then.

4