Chapter 16
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have been working on all of my areas of expertise for a little while now, I have been able to improve the specs of the devices that I sell, without much change to the price, and people seem to really love the watches, give it about a year and I might need to release a new one, but my magic has improved as well.

I have found that you don't need the chants themselves to learn magic, I was using a combination of different elements together and stumbled on a few useful things, the most notable was Invisibility, although I need to work a lot on that, any moment, even breathing, messes it up, Body amplification refinement, I should be able to keep this going and refine it more in the future, and lastly a Shield made of mana, which I need added mana to it with the Invisibility, and it seems to have no issue with movement to keep it invisible. 

Overall I had gotten into the cycle of train, build stuff, tinker, eat, and sleep. With the occasional visit with kira mixed in there.

Anytime I go to leave the house I end up having my shield up, although it is invisible, when I go to interaction with something or someone, I need to remove it, like when I hug kira, or shake someone hand.

For my little devices, I am thinking I might need to add at least 1 more to the shop, but people really have all they need so far, and my e-book reader handles to entertainment, the first book I ended up writing from memory was Alice in wonderland using a minor magic I learned, Perfect memory magic, but after you deactivate it, you have a headache.

I had though to just leave it on, but if you aren't thinking about it, like when you go to sleep, it will shutoff, I haven't ever had a headache that bad, so I only use it when I need it.

Seeing that it had been 23 days since I last went up top, I decide I will go up again in 2 days, this would allow me to stock up on product, and the store wouldn't be open on one of those days, so this should be good.

I spent the entire first day, making way to many watches, and finally passed out.

On the second day, he relaxes a little bit and goes on a walk.

While on the walk I head to kira's to see if she is home but run into her on the way.

"Hey kira was just coming to see you, I have work the next few days and might not be around, so I just wanted to warn you."

"Ok, just be safe.........listen dani, I have to confess, I think I like you a lot and I wanted to know if you felt the same?"

Slightly stunned as I didn't think she had liked me like that, "Yea of course kira, we spend a lot of time together, so its only nature I would have feelings for you. What do you say to a date when I am done with my work in a few days?" 

I was slightly uncomfortable as I didn't want to ruin a friendship, but I did feel we could make it work.

She seemed very happy at this and hugged me and was going to step back when she snuck a kiss on me cheek.

She just giggle and started walking away.

I was again, slightly stunned at this but found myself standing there smiling watching her leave.

A few moments later I felt 2 sharp pains in my back and look back to see 2 arrows just barely, and looked around finding the person that was shooting at me.

I started my recorder, and reached back both arms gripping the arrows and ripping them out before throwing on shield and healing for a moment.

After the wounds were healed enough over, I closed the distance to the would be assasin and nailed them in the face with a punch while disabling the shield for now.

The person, clearly dazed by the hit wasn't paying attention to me, but I didn't care. "No you don't, you not getting away this time."

At this, I quick casted 5 Condensed Ice shards, one for each finger, and released them.

The first two had a dull thumping hit on the persons body before the last 3 completely ripped through the person.

Still in pain and needing to heal, I see the battle is done and slump to my knees waiting for the guards.

When the guards arrive and see the dead body, that start asking what has happened, and were skeptical until I told them my name, as they had been warned by the leader that this may happen as I had been attacked before. This time, they did need me to go to the leader, but needed to know who the other person was.

The guard removed the facemask of the person and both the guards and Danial were stunned.

It was the brother of Derak Northstar, Julian.

With the information, they now covered the body, and not long after it was picked up by another two guards and taken off, while the first two guards lead me to a doctor standing by before leading me to the leader.

It seems the identity had already been revealed of the attacker, as Deraks father, Hibart Northstar was here.

Hobart is unable to keep his rage and was trying to come at me, but thankfully the leader decided that the meeting could be separate and he was escorted out.

"Madem Leader, I am glad this situation is resolved as I had become worried the attacker would never be found and I had feared for my life, but I do want it known before we do anything, I don't wish any Punishment for the family unless something else is tried against me, they have already lost two people."

The leader wore a complicated expression, almost sadness, but resolve. "I understand, I will set the actions in motion, please go home."

At this I was released and so I went back to my house and set an alarm for the next day.

Awaking to an alarm, I get up as I was ready to go out for the day, and had woken up early.

I put on my assigned Jacket, Mask, and my belt with my tools.

I double checked the message I was sent when my suit was ready, as it had informed me that it was, and what my secret number was.

I made sure to try and memorize it, I will need to delete this message soon.

After getting everything together, I made it to the elevator, and when I was alone, clicked the side button before entering my secret code.

I arrived at the floor and the light was red, so I waited a moment.

When it turned green, I went in and to my locker to get the case with my suit, after getting the case I picked a room and went in closing the door.

After admiring my suit a little, I saw the suit was actually newer then the temp model I had used previously and showed more information about my surroundings, so I was glad at that!

After pulling on the suit, and making sure it was sealed, I put on my belt and it fit snugly which was perfect.

Finally ready, I stepped through the next door and saw 3 people talking in the pod lobby, and as I walked up them greeting me with the name crow, I noticed it was on the nametag for the suit.

They introduced themselves at Anubis, of course, Forest, and march.

March is someone new, so likely someone I had saw in the class, Forest was their attendant for the test, and they had gone up separately today, but were done and leaving.

"Speaking of going up crow, I got a new device linked in, but forgot to move music/shows over to it, mind if I ride up and you transfer some things, and we can split after?"

"Sure, sounds fine."

Anubis walks over to an open pod and hits a few buttons before pressing the button to send it up, she steps out of it as the doors are closing and it was sent.

I nodded, and walked over to the supplies section and grab enough for 3 days just incase, and head into my pod.

"Ooh, I see you going for an extended stay up top, well I expect 2 days for myself to look, so we can chat or something when we are at the pods if you want."

"Ok, better then going it alone."

We enter, and after I go through the checklist I was sent, I push the button to start sending us up.

Linking with Anubis's device was easier that I had expected, it was one of my watches, but it looks like someone upgraded it, so I may need to release the new one sooner.

"Ok, it looks like all the music will fit easily, and you have a fair amount of room for shows, so I will start the transfer."

"Thanks, I thought I was going to be bored with old shows I had still on my suit memory."

Part way up through the ride to the top, I was issued a list to my suit to look for the items.

No surprise meat was on the list, but some of the others were weird, like books, paper and cloth.

Normally this wouldn't be requested as even when thawed, the items would crumble or would be very fragile, so I wonder why.

Well With an easy list in hand, so to speak, I guess I can really explore!

1