Chapter 17
104 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Me and Anubis start our walk to town.

"Join coms just incase, and we will split up in town. This way, if you find something you need assistance with, I can come to help and visa versa."

Nodding, I add her to my coms.

"Think you will find anything good? I am likely going to start back where I finished for now."

"Hopefully I find something useful, but my list is actually weirdly easy today, so If I can't find much, at least that will help with the pay."

At this point, we had been walking for a while and we got to a split at the beginning of town.

"Ok, see ya later!" I wave off as I head to the left part of town where I left off.

After arriving at what was the lab, I did a once over and checked some of the other offices, avoiding the west wing as it may still have that shimmer in it.

Not finding much, just some scrap paper, I throw it in a metal bin that was there and start carrying it with me looking for a new building.

I had seen a tall town and was looking at buildings making my way to it.

Only really seeing what could be a laundry mat, I go into it and confirm, so I try to grab a basket to start collecting some clothes that are left over and the basket completely crumbles away.

I look around and spot some metal looking mesh trash cans, no to big but it should work.

After gathering up the cloths, the baskets wouldn't hold much as the clothes were all frozen in weird positions. 

Having an idea, I went out to one of the cars outside and lifted the hood, thankfully it seemed to have a similar way to remove it so I did and piled all the cloths on it.

Thinking of what I could use to pull it, I notice a fence and door are chained up, so I go over and use my tool to remove the lock, and it provided me with a length of chain. 

After hooking it to the hood, it seemed to work fine, and this extra metal will add nicely to the recourses I sell when I am back.

After securing that and pulling the sled, I continued to explore, not finding anything I was looking for.

I finally arrive at the tower and it is honestly massive being right under it, I work my may inside while leaving the sled just inside the door.

All of the floors seem to be office cubicles, but they are all empty, likely someone saw the big tower and looted it first.

Still, I wanted to get to the top to get an overview of the city.

After arriving at what I thought would be the top floor, there is a door and a keypad.

There was a green light on the keypad, so I tried using it and it seemed active.

So using a Wireless connection node, I plugged it into the keypad and was able to get the door open pretty easily. 

After it was unlocked, I opened the door and saw another door right after, with another keypad.

Clearly an Airlock of some kind, I close the door behind me and plug into the keypad again to open the next door.

Finally inside, it shows the temperature is only about -80 in here.

Across the room, I see a desk with a computer and the computer seems to be on and working.

As I approach the computer the temp changes again to be around -10.

Something about the warmth in this place seems off, but I continue and access the computer, it had so many document on it, I begin to skim them, and most of the files are junk, but there are also research notes, and full theories on a few different forms of magic, with the most interesting two being Portals and Teleportation.

It seems they are both useful, as portals are for long distance set teleportation set when the first inscription is set to the Portal Focus.

As for teleportation, it is for places you have been, but consumes mana dependent on the distance you travel.

I make sure to make a copy of all the files and transfer them to my device for later.

I consider taking the computer, but its clearly designed to be resilient and having it available for use would be nice out here.

I begin to search the rest of this apartment like setup and as I get close to the door, I felt what appeared to be a magical barrier as I went through the door.

I look at the temp now, and it is setting at a steady 80 while I am walking around.

I enter a lavish looking room with decoration adorning all of the walls, from Skulls, to animals, and Paintings.

And at the corner, I see a fireplace going with a chair next to it.

As I approach the chair I see that a skeleton is setting in it, with an empty bottle of some kind on the ground near.

I inspect the fireplace a little, and see it is just a flame hovering there, so it is magical heating.

Not wanting to be in the room with a skeleton, I grab it up and head to one of the other rooms, where I lay it on a bed, and not seeing anything in the room, exit and close the door.

There are some books here, but they are in the other language, so I use the translation program on the titles, and it seems to be all story books. 

I decide I will likely leave all of this here for now, as it is safe and I know where it is if I need it.

So on my way back out, I notice a part of the wall seems to be dark then the section next to it, and put my gloves hand to it.

Thankfully this is enough and the screen activates.

I see this controls the whole suit, even allowing me to run through its settings and see that it is low on mana, I can charge it somehow, and I can change the password.

Touching the "Charger mode" a panel pops out, so I put my hand on it, but nothing happens, so I take my glove off, as I am still in the warm room, and touch it.

As I do, I feel my mana draining quickly, and remove my hand after around 10 seconds.

It looks like in that time, I charged it from the 1% it said it had with an estimated timeframe for the power being 2 months, to around 30% and now it shows close to 200 years. So It was very likely much lower that it could show.

Putting the glove back on my hand, I set the new password for the suit, and start leaving.

Finally making it back to the ground level, I see it is getting dark, so I start trudging back with the sled.

Making it to the start of town, I see anubis waiting for me, I chuckle and bring up voice coms.

"Ahh, you waiting for me?" I ask for a bit of childishness.

I hear a soft giggle and then a reply, "Just  making sure you don't get lost on the way back. I have two things that are a little bulky, let me put them on the sled and we can both drag it."

"Sounds good to me."

She put the two items, looks like some kind of iron scrap, on the sled and we drug the sled back to the pods.

Making it nearly back to the pods, she stops, grabs her items and heads over to her Storage pod while I take the sled to my storage pod.

Leaving the sled in the storage pod, I make it back to my own pod and see anubis standing there with a container of food and likely water.

After entering she said she wanted to watch something new, so I grabbed some food and water and started up a show for us to watch.

We enjoy the night, watching random things and talking about the weird things we see our there, and end up falling asleep.

Sleeping on the floor in a heavily padded suit was honestly pretty nice, and I stir, I head anubis.

"Well, you woke up earlier than I thought you would, there's expected to be storm later, leading into tonight. Lose of visibility, high winds, extra cold. Just be careful and you should be fine."

A blizzard on a Frozen planet, man the world really just doesn't want us up here.

1