4: Prologue 04
59 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But seeing Luna's generous encouragement, I couldn't continue to suppress the desire deep within me. I could only convince myself repeatedly that I was only doing this to find out if I really was a vampire, not because I wanted to drink blood.

I shifted my body to sit beside Luna, then hesitantly opened my mouth and slowly pierced her neck with my sharp fangs.

"Ah..."

As I bit down, Luna's body seemed to tremble slightly, indicating that she was in some pain.

Since I was biting into the artery in her neck, even if I didn't bite deeply, a considerable amount of blood would automatically flow into my mouth.

At first, I just tasted it, intending to stop immediately. But as the blood flowed into my mouth, I couldn't help but start gulping down Luna's blood. That gentle liquid moistened my throat thoroughly, like drinking precious water in the desert. I began greedily indulging in her blood.

From that moment on, I instantly believed I was a vampire. How could I find blood so delicious? Its sweetness brought me an indescribable pleasure. I just wanted more and more!

"Ah... Ngh...!"

Luna involuntarily made some very pleasurable sounds. It sounded a bit... suggestive?

But I could understand her feelings. After all, when she was sucking my blood before, I had the same thoughts. The sensation was incredibly pleasurable, as if my whole body was melting... And the feeling of fear would gradually disappear, replaced by an unconscious addiction to it.

I was surprised by my abnormal behavior, feeling like I wasn't myself anymore... But I had no intention of stopping with just a little. Since Luna seemed to be enjoying it, I deepened the bite to let more blood flow for me to drink.

As if to satisfy my endless craving, I gradually became intoxicated with this peculiar act of feeding, unable to restrain myself. I even forgot about Luna's well-being, solely focused on drinking more to quench my thirst.

"Um... Sister, maybe you're sucking a bit too much? Although... Luna doesn't mind..."

Luna's weak voice interrupted my feeding, and I panickedly opened my mouth, ceasing my consumption of her blood.

As I pulled my mouth away from her neck, strands of blood still clung to my teeth, indicating that I seemed to be reluctant to stop. But my rationality triumphed over my desire, and I immediately ceased my dreadful actions.

Feeling somewhat ashamed, I wiped my mouth and then quickly apologized to her with folded hands, "I'm sorry... I... What have I done? I got too carried away."

In what seemed like a joking atmosphere at the time, I actually bit Luna... It wasn't until I came to my senses that I realized how terrifying my actions had just been.

But Luna didn't mind at all; instead, she smiled happily and said, "Hehe, now we can be sure that we've really become vampires."

I also chuckled, but it was purely bitter laughter.

"Haha... Scenes that you'd only see in novels or manga are happening to us... If this is a dream, it's definitely the worst nightmare!"

Now I couldn't continue to avoid it. After all, I had done that kind of thing... I actually drank my sister's blood? If I'm not a vampire, how do I explain my behavior just now? Now I just had to accept the reality in front of me.

But Luna beside me didn't think too much about it. She touched the wound on her neck with her hand, looked at the bloodstains on her fingers with a cherished expression, and smiled satisfactorily.

"Hehe, Luna's first bite and being bitten were both done by sis. Why not make today Luna's first commemoration day?"

"What kind of bizarre commemoration day is that? Forget about it! Don't you realize how terrible the situation is? If we really have become vampires, it means we're no longer human, but monsters! I really don't understand what you're so happy about."

My words were harsh, but Luna still happily touched her own neck:

"Luna doesn't care about that much. Anyway, I will cherish it... Hehe."

...She's so optimistic... Well, anyway, she looks happy.

I don't think this is a good thing at all, but seeing Luna's smile makes it hard for me to continue. Instead of seeing her frown, I'd rather see her smile. As long as she's happy.

Although I temporarily compromised on the vampire issue and began to consider myself a vampire, I still couldn't fully accept this conclusion deep down, still holding onto doubts.

After briefly considering what to do next, I weakly stood up and said:

"Sigh... Anyway, even though we don't know the reason yet, since we've both become vampires, we should investigate it thoroughly. I remember the village chief's house has books about vampires. I want to know more about what we are."

Luna also stood up and seemed to agree with the suggestion:

"Okay, let's go! Oh... oh!"

She initially walked forward energetically, but after just one step, she almost collapsed. I quickly supported her and immediately scolded her:

"Come on, don't forget we have serious injuries that could kill us at any moment. Even if we've become vampires or whatever, we can't be reckless!"

Luna started walking slowly while leaning against the wall, looking apologetic as she sheepishly smiled at me:

"Haha... I'll remember, I promise."

We supported each other and slowly moved forward, relying on nearby objects for support.

Fortunately, the village chief's house wasn't far away, probably just a minute's walk, but our movement speed was as slow as a turtle crawling. After ten minutes of walking, we still hadn't arrived.

I looked back with concern and asked Luna:

"Luna, can you still... hold on? I feel like maybe we should go to the hospital first."

The reason for my question was because we had too many wounds on our bodies, and the bleeding hadn't stopped. The ground we had walked over was dyed a deep crimson from our blood.

But Luna just shook her head and calmly replied:

"It's okay, I can still manage... It's already too late to turn back now. Besides, the village chief's house has a first aid kit. We can treat ourselves there."

I nodded in agreement, but deep down, I felt like even going to the hospital might not make much difference. Firstly, the only doctor in the village had been killed, and secondly, given our current injuries, even if a doctor saw us, they might not be able to do much.

When we arrived at the village chief's house, I saw that the door was open, and inside, it was in a mess from the raid by the bandits. The first aid kit hanging on the kitchen wall had also been overturned. Luckily, nothing inside had been stolen, but everything was scattered on the floor.

I picked up the bandages and gauze from the ground and proceeded to dress the wounds on myself and Luna. However, I could only cover the largest wounds on our bodies with bandages, and soon we ran out. For the remaining wounds, I had to tear strips from the curtains and improvise with those. Though the effectiveness was questionable, at least it could help stabilize the injuries.

After Luna finished dressing her wounds, she was too exhausted to move. She sat wearily on the sofa in front of the village chief's house, seemingly wanting to rest for a while.

Then, I went alone to the study to search for books, but it had also been ransacked. Fortunately, the books on the shelves seemed untouched; it appeared that the raiders had no interest in them.

Since the books were still in their usual places, I quickly located the one about vampires.

Actually, I had glanced through most of the contents before, but back then, I just skimmed through it casually. After reading, I merely shrugged it off, and the detailed content was completely forgotten... To be honest, I never thought I would pick up this book again for a read.

After taking it down, I flipped through it absentmindedly, confirming that it was indeed the book before leaving the study. However, when I emerged from the study, Luna was nowhere to be found on the sofa.

"Luna!?" I nervously looked around, searching for Luna's figure everywhere.

Just then, Luna's voice came from outside the door, as if she was talking to someone. But besides the two of us, there shouldn't be any other survivors in the village... So who was she talking to?

"Who... who is it?! Luna, who are you talking to? Could there be other bandits still around!?"

I rushed out anxiously and saw Luna talking to a strangely dressed adult man.

He had a very dignified appearance, dressed in a suit that one would typically see in formal occasions. However, he was draped in a black cloak, obscuring his figure.

"Oh...? Another person?" The man glanced at me.

"Who... who are you?!" I nervously stood in front of Luna, then looked into his eyes and questioned him. My gaze was filled with hostility, trying hard to reciprocate, but in reality, my heart was trembling.

However, the man's demeanor and gentlemanly appearance matched his attire perfectly, exuding an air of politeness that made it hard to perceive any threat from him. But... my body sent out an inexplicable warning signal, urging me to be cautious of this person.

He took off the round hat he was wearing and placed his hand on his chest, bowing politely:

"Sorry for not introducing myself earlier. My name is Brand, a vampire hunter specialized in hunting vampires. Please allow me to introduce myself properly, Miss 'Vampires'."

This is bad...

As he spoke, a profound sense of despair gradually filled my entire body.

I didn't even have time to say lines like 'I don't know anything about vampires' or 'I'm not a vampire,' yet this guy had already jumped to the conclusion and started the conversation assuming we were vampires.

Could it be that just as I had barely climbed out of one pit, I had to immediately jump into another? I never expected that not even two days later, I would be facing death for the second time.

Shaking all over, I asked in a trembling voice, filled with immense reluctance, "Do you... do you also want to kill us?"

As soon as I finished speaking, he looked at me with a very puzzled expression, then gently shook his head.

"No, it seems you've misunderstood. I have absolutely no intention of killing you. If I've startled you both, I sincerely apologize."

He explained to us with great courtesy, making it hard to perceive any hostility from him. But how could a vampire hunter appear at this time? If not to kill us, then what was he here for?

5