Arc 1–Chapter 30
311 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 30 [ One of them, Destiny Altered ]

Year 9017, Irisha of the Fourth Cycle
South Continent– Demon Empire

Under the scenery of smokes, embers, ashes and burning castle of the Rhith Kingdom, his friend sighed tiredly. His friend looking at his own reflection on the sword glance at him.

" Cip.... "

He smiled tiredly at him. He stabbed the sword on the ground and hold it tightly. His friend kneeled tiredly while holding the sword and gasping for breath.

" Gil! "

He exclaimed and quickly made his way toward his friend. He stand beside him and look at his friend worried and anxious.

" If you can't stand up, we will just rest here for a bit. "

His friend frowned as he stared at him.

" But we can't.... All of them.... There isn't much time. " He said as he used his sword to stand but he quickly fall on his knees.

" You're tired. " He sighed.

" Cipher... I can still do it. Trust me will you? "

Cipher frowned as Gilthur smiled at him bitterly. He nodded his head and said.

" Then I will support you. Lean on me and I will help you to stand up and walk. "

" Thanks. " Gilthur smiled at him. He do as he told. Along the way Cipher has helped Cipher to walk bit by bit. In the end Cipher decided that they should stop. He took out a Tent from his storage ring and decided to set it up. Then he took out some branches that he picked from the storage ring and light them up using the simple fire ball spell.

Cipher started to roast the meat while Gilthur was watching him do his thing. Gilthur look so tired and battered. His once polish and legend grade golden armor looks so dull and lackluster under many scratches, rust and splattered blood. Gil's golden hair is full of dust, grimes and it was so messy from the multiple blown spells at him. Finally, Gil's face–Other than some splatters of blood, there are bruises and scratches on his face. Gilthur puppy eyes are now his very unattractive feature right now as it has bags on them. It doesn't have also their usual shine. Gilthur eyes are dull and dark.

While Cipher was roasting their meat and lost in contemplation, the moment was broke when he heard his friend started to talk.

" I'm sorry. " Gilthur said as he stared at the campfire. " I'm sorry, that I have dragged you in this....." He continued and shook his head. " No..I shouldn't just say sorry to you... not just you... everyone. I'm sorry everyone for dragging you here. Do you think Rina, Gale and the others will forgive me? "

Gilthur smiled bitterly as he look at him.

" Gil.. Don't blame yourself. We have chosen to go with you didn't we? "

" Yes.."

" We have chosen to go with you so we can save the world. Better to accompany you than doing nothing. "

Cipher reached for his head as he put down his wizard hat.

" Like you we also wish to save the world. We don't want it to be engulf by darkness and end. "

" Yeah. " Gilthur chuckled and stared at the Sky. The now red moon was staring back at him. It was much closer than before. " We need to stop the darkness descending. " Gilthur said as he stared at the red moon.

" Here. " Cipher said as he pass the plate with the roasted meat on them. Gilthur unconsciously smiled. " You have really brought a lot didn't you? "

" I'm always prepared Gil in case of some Shits being brought to me. I still remembered what happened when we were young. " Cipher mock glared at him. " Remember the goblin dungeon? " Cipher asked between the bites of his roasted meat.

Gilthur averted his eyes as he said. " No. "

" You're a terrible liar. "

" No I'm not. "

" I just don't want to be caught unprepared just like what happened in the dungeon..... Still, I am caught unprepared with our situation. The Storage ring was useless in those situations aren't they? " Cipher asked as the atmosphere suddenly become gloomy.

Gilthur sighed. " You have no fault in it. It's mine. " He look around and decided to change the topic. He saw the tied small glass bottle on Cipher's neck.

" anyway, did you know what is that thing that 'she' has given to you?  "

Cipher frowned and look at the tied small bottle on his neck. " No, I'm not certain. " Cipher holds the bottle and look at it carefully. " It just an empty normal bottle. "

" I see. "

" But despite it being normal, I have gotten used to it and consider it as a good luck charm. I have already checked that it has no harmful effects. "

Gilthur smiled. " Even she was on the opposite side, she was different front them. Fair and square when it comes to battle. " Remembering what happened Gilthur smile disappeared. " We haven't even finish the battle when she decided to eliminate her. "

Cipher nodded his head. " Other than her, all of them are bastards and bitches of their own way. " He continued. " Just look at what happened earlier... That malicious bastard had gotten you nearly killed Gil. That damnable guy using Illusions in that way.... In all of them... I most definitely hate that bastard..."

Gilthur and Cipher decided to rest after eating their own roast meat and have spent their time talking. They must be prepared in going to the Ragas, the Capital of the Demon Empire. They have already planned what will they doing tomorrow at the Demon Empire. But as they sleep, none of them knows that one of them would never wake up again.

As just one of them said earlier, that guy is a damnable malicious bastard.

Gilthur woke up.

" Hey, Cip... "

But his friend never wakes up again.

No matter how much he woke up his friend, Cipher wouldn't wake up. His heart has stopped beating and he would be in the state of sleeping forever.

" Not you too.... Damn it! "

He keep shaking his friend.

" Don't leave me! Cip! "

Tears has fallen in Gilthur's eyes. Just like the others, his remaining friend has also left him. Now, he was completely alone. He has no friends now.

He arrive at the Capital carrying his 'sleeping'  friend. Under the desolate palace– from the throne, the Demon Emperor look at him cold and emotionless.

" So you have arrived. "

8