Lianelle
93 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My eyes panned over to the two who met eye to eye. And confusion struck me. How, and why are they reacting the same? 

It is as though they've known each other and just suddenly— coincidentally meet again. 

Wait, don't tell me. . .is she one of the woman this jerk had bedded?! 

"Lianelle? Where. . .no more importantly, why are you here?!" Gael finally remarked. 

When asked, Lianelle gasped and suddenly stood and ran out. Gael surprisingly followed her, the maids began murmuring, in which they are also assuming those two to be lovers in the past. 

As I was about to follow the two, I remembered that Eliza was here. I looked at the child sitting, hesitant to even touch the food. 

I approached Eliza and sat to the chair Lianelle was sitting earlier. "Aren't you going to eat?" I asked gently, slicing the meat. 

Eliza shook her head aggressively. She really seemed wary about me still. Do I really look intimidating? Mortifying? Scary? A demon? 

"You seemed very attached to Lianelle." I muttered. 

"She. . . she's the only one who's been kind to Eliza. . ." She answered meekly. 

A sting in my heart appeared when this child suddenly talked in third perspective. Ah, how heavy. 

"Were the church a bad place?" 

Isn't it ironic? Calling such a place bad? Well, in this era churches are pretty much corrupted for they're on par with the nobles, to royals even. 

". . .No. . .the church was. . .also. . . nice to Eliza. . ." She started to fidget her fingers. 

"Then what do you mean Lianelle was the only person who had been kind to you?" 

It might be pushing it, but I'm curious on why this child trust that woman so much. Wasn't she just a volunteer tutor? And what exactly is her relationship with Gael? She's a woman shrouded in mystery. 

"Because no one approached Eliza, only Miss Lianelle. . ."

Ah, she's that type of child who wants others to approach her rather than her being the first one to approach others. 

I glanced over to one of my maids, gesturing her to tend Eliza. 

"Shall we go shop tomorrow?" 

The child looked at me with sparkles in her eyes and nodded. I smiled. There we go. 

"But you should eat your dinner then, okay?" 

"O. . .okay." 

With that cue, I stood up as the maid I called replaced me attending the timid Eliza. 

"B. . But what about you?" The child asked. 

"I should go get the two so that all of us could enjoy the dinner." 

As I get out of the dining room, I immediately asked the maids who obviously were gossiping around the two who was at the front yard of the house. 

I peeped towards the window and saw Gael hugging the what seem crying Lianelle. 

"Oh my gosh. . . Could they actually be. . .?" 

I glanced over one of the maid which immediately shut her mouth and turn away together with the others. "Don't suddenly come up with your own conclusions." 

With that, I had decided to approached the two and get this whole thing straight. What are they? Is she really one of his 'woman' from his past? Is there something she had hidden from him? 

A child? No. . . But that's also possible. 

"Gael." I called which immediately caught his attention. I expected him to push Lianelle but he kept hugging her. "Can you explain this situation you're in? My maids had already starting stories." 

"Ah. . . it's not like that, if you thought she's one of the woman I've bedded— which would be disturbing and gross— actually that going to be a so weird assumption once you—" 

"Stop rambling and get to the point." I stopped him. 

"Oh right," He then soon let go Lianelle who was wiping her tears. 

Wait, now that I think about it, these two. . . They're oddly alike? They have the same yes, is that— is that why I got the sense of familiarity within her? 

"She's my sister, this brat ran away from home five years ago."

. . .

Gael has a sister? 

"But. . . Her hair. . ." I pointed out. 

"Oh her hair? I know right? It stands out too much, but it's her natural born hair. We never knew the exact reason why its like that. I never knew, I would met her like this."

"Well she was very hesitant about accepting my proposal, I guess now I know why." 

Gael turn to his sister, "Tomorrow, I'm bringing you home, mother and father would be delighted to see you, I'm here with you if ever you get scolded real bad." 

Lianelle chuckled, "Is having a wife changes one's personality? You're not the brother I knew five years ago." 

"I've just matured, you brat. Once you're home, you'll also be meeting with Aveline and Yiara. Welcome home, Elle." 

I smiled at the scene. But this isn't the time for that. "Are you quite done with your reunion? My child has to eat and so am I." 

"Ah right, Eliza!" Lianelle exclaimed.

"My maid is attending her, don't worry. But, let's go inside and eat before the food gets cold."

7