Offer from the crown prince
96 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been over a month since Eliza had become my daughter. Her lessons were going smoothly, though her etiquette needed more practice.

I didn't bother asking how thingd had gone through with Lianelle and Gael. That's their family matter, I have no business to meddle nor stick my nose in. But I assumed it went smoothly. 

"Your grace, a letter has arrived from the palace." My butler, Hartley, trudges towards my workplace, handing me a golden envelope.

The palace? What are the royals want from me to send me a letter?

My butler left as I began to read the content of the royal letter. 

[ Your grace; The Eastern Duke; Iljon Shiloh Vemerie, ]

. . . This is the crown prince, who else would start a letter that way. Rather than that, what does this man want from me?

[ My friend, who is the second most handsome in this world, I would like to ask you a favor that you'll probably would reject, but I would still ask so. 


Please take my sister's hand in marriage. 


My father, the emperor has been nagging me to find that wench a spouse. But who in the world would take her in as a wife?! If he wants he could marry her off to the underworld! That woman isn't meant for a human spouse! 


But I thought about it, and you seem to be able to tame that thing. You're the only man I know who has a lot of patience, you're so calm that you would still be probably calm and smiling while killing bandits. 


You're sane enough to handle her. 


So please, take her in as your wife! You aren't even married yet! 


Sincerely,

The crown prince ]

. . .

Should I burn his palace? 

The Crown Prince, Jaehyaers Ledger Ravaryn 1 Pronouced as "Jay-ars" . A friend of ours. The one who will be an emperor when the main storyline starts. As well as the half brother of the heroine. Well, 'Father' for he was the one who adopted her. 

I set the letter down, massaging my temple. A marriage proposal from the royals. . . This is going to be a problem. 

* * * 

"Just accept it? Why are you hesitating? Emery isn't that. . .bad." 

"You hesitated."

". . ." 

I don't know how much free time Gael has. Shouldn't he be mending his county? Why does this man kept popping up on my manor. I could understand him visiting his sister, but he is apparently always bothering me. 

Gael sighed, "Alright, alright, I get why. Emery— I still remember how she forcefully made us her servants when we were kids." He shuddered. "But wait, unless it's the emperor who proposed that idea, you can still decline. It's just Jaehyaers." 

"He's still a royal, and I'm sure he's already stated this to his majesty." 

"Ah yeah, You're right. . ." He agreed. "Then I guess, I should now go and prepare a congratulatory gift for the new Duchess." 

"Don't." I said firmly, as Gael was radiating an enthusiastic aura. He's enjoying this.

***

"I object." 

Currently, I am at the palace, and we are apparently now discussing about this 'engagement' proposal from Jaehyaers. 

And I was quite relief and fortunate, for Emery just said outright what I had in mind. 

"The fuck you doing setting me up with this man?" She implied with scrunched face, pointing her thumb at me.

"Hahahahaha!" Jaehyaers burst laughing looking at me with pity. I'm rather happy than disappointed. Why would this man expect me to like nor accept the engagement?

"I'd rather let you marry me off to the king of the underworld than marry me off to this man. I'd like that much better." She said with a smiling expression. 

"He's much more my type than this shitty man, also, aren't we related? You want me to practice inbreeding? Gross."

"We are so far apart related already, it's fine." Jaehyaers stated. 

Well technically true but still. I too don't want to marry someone from my ancestry. It's too weird. 

"Don't you have a child?" The emperor suddenly spoke up.

I nodded, "Yes, just a month ago your majesty." 

"A child needs a mother," He suddenly implied, I don't like where this conversation would go. "My daughter, Emry is quite befitting to be a mother." 

"The fuck?" Emry suddenly side commented, which made the emperor to give her a glare. 

". . . I think I'll be fine without a wife, Your majesty." 

"Exactly! Just let him die single, Father. There's no need for him to look for a wife, he already has a heiress!" Agreed Emry enthusiastically. 

. . .Rude.

The emperor sigh, "Unless you show me someone whom befitting to stay by your side, this engagement with my daughter shan't be cancelled. You are given 3 months to find a Duchess, if failed, your marriage with Emry shall proceed." His voice was firm, it wasn't a request, this is an order. 

"Father! How could you be so selfish, have you never thought of my feelings?! Didn't you marry mother out of love? What about me?!" Emry pleaded. 

"You three are dismissed." Was all the emperor responded as he left the room. 

Dead silence filled the room, Jaehyaers sighing and Emry who was in agony, cursing continuosly. She soon looked at me with flaring eyes, grabbing my collar. 

"Find. A. Wife. Now!" She said, authoritatively.

5